Summonerís Rift Gets a Minor Graphics Update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadyAzalea

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerFeCtiOnzZ View Post
That's exactly how I feel, I cant now even remember the amount of threads I have posted in regarding this ! though in one thread, we got a red's reply regarding blurry, but they have not replied regarding this... It's weird, when they are making updating the game, don't they ever test it properly :S
I seriously can't play on this angle.. the video seems like it is lagging, I feel uncomfortable when scrolling... its harder to target in that quick situations cause i'm clicking way faster than this slow video... .... Hate when they think they making graphics better and instead Screw the game 1000 times more. This game is all about its game play, not so much about the graphics... *sigh...
Apparently they did (hence my second *****y comment). They've stated that it's no longer practical (overlooking the fact it is) and that they're going to work on maps now instead because they feel its better in the long run.

Hohums: "Unfortunately we won't be bring this back. Supporting this feature with the current changes is not practical with the number of people that used it. We want to focus our time on continuing to improve the maps in general."

Maps > a practical option for hundreds of users? Well, that's what they think...

UncutCIoud

05-24-2012

Minor? Well then please make a major update make us lowest settings player get 60 FPS

Ire Researcher

05-24-2012

the shopkeeper. Oh geez. So adorable.

Blinklynx

05-24-2012

I applaud their efforts to make the game more accessible to people with low end hardware.

michelada

05-24-2012

the new map its great but the framerate is the same .

Myrosong

05-24-2012

For all of you having problems with the HuD and text being blurry, try adjusting your screen resolution (in the video options) it solved the problem for me.

Morale

05-24-2012

I dont understand what happened... after this graphics update. It all works well and fine, but I didn't get a very significant FPS boost... I generally get 25-30 fps in game. and now it lingers around 28-32... however... my fps NOW drops to 15-18 whenever the turret shoots, especially the enemy turret. I don't know how it was before, but it worked well.. Now with the turret shooting, my gameplay is lagging really bad... Is there anyway I can lower the turret's graphics to a small ball shot, rather than a long stream-like shot. btw, it is on very low setting on everything, including effects.

JVFlip

05-24-2012

It is me, or are some things blurry like the top left box text/hp&mana bars, and the bottom left box text etc.? I like the rest though!

zekzion

05-25-2012

F*** This "Update"!

I want the Fast Terrain Back!!!!

I miss so much with skill shots now....

E1ectrik

05-26-2012

Minor? I cant play this game anymore. The frame rate is just unbearable due to the new graphics. In fact, it wont let me even play twisted treeline nor dominion >.<