Summonerís Rift Gets a Minor Graphics Update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPUNG3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Riot,
Thank you so much for this update, I play on an HP DM1z, its got an 11.9" screen and an AMD Fusion processor, prior to patch I was lucky to get 15 fps in a team fight, now I am around 40 fps solid. I just ordered a 23" monitor and now, with this new patch, I can really further my enjoyment of League of Legends. Thanks again!

EnmaDaiO

05-23-2012

not gonna lie the tree's look amazing
really makes the game unique

xGvPx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjouShin View Post
some comparison pics would have been better but its nice to see project shiny
yeah it's pretty annoying how every single time we have to rely on fans to provide side-by-side comparisons

at least there are a few million players ;D

GwynethPaltrow

05-23-2012

I don't play on a laptop and just upgraded my graphics card on my desktop. Thank you, Riot, for making my game look like Diablo circa 1996.

Aggrothis

05-23-2012

i enjoy it quite a bit. For once..i finally can be in a team fight and not have my fps drop significantly resulting in my death from 100% to 0% in the time it spiked. Least I haven't experienced any drops so far like i used to. currnetly playing at an avg of 45 fps...up from an avg of 20

PS..while looking in the settings i saw something that limited the amount of FPS. Not sure if it would help people who are burning through their vid cards, but could give it a shot.

LadyAzalea

05-23-2012

Thanks to your graphics update, I now have no choice but to leave the game. Thanks so much, Riot, for thinking of your minority and doing your best to help us with our disabilities who can't play in 3D-style. Your maps and graphics should never be more important than maintaining options which improve user experience.

WoLF42

05-24-2012

Any fixes on the blurry font??

akiraslime

05-24-2012

great job... thanks a lot guys!

i used to have to cap my game at 30fps to stop it from overheating my comp... it's been working at 60fps since the patch

EDIT: And the new blue golemn animation puts a smile on my face.

Jitterz

05-24-2012

Does this change the system requirements for those running on very high?

PerFeCtiOnzZ

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAzalea View Post
Here's my thoughts: One. The glowing "buff" under a buffed creature needs to be reinstated. It's VERY helpful in identifying who has each buff and I think it worsens gameplay without them.

Two. Personally, I CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME without being able to disable fast terrain mode. I get motion sickness too easily and can't play at that angle!! I'm not only frustrated, but very disappointed! Not once was it mentioned in any patch notes OR the patch preview ... so I found out by entering a game with my friend and discovering I wouldn't be able to play more than 5 minutes before getting nauseous! I will be upset if I have to quit because I am unable to play because you revoked a very useful user setting.

Third. I can't tell a huge difference in graphics overall. Updated creatures are fine (they need glowing buffs). Shopkeeper is cool I guess. And my laptop still overheated twice (medium settings) because my graphics card runs hot when I play.

Four. As many have mentioned...the HUD text is blurry.

Edit;; If someone from RIOT could please answer my concern, especially about #2, I'd appreciate it. I also made a post somewhere else separately in hopes that it would be seen. If there is a better way to express my concern and directly contact you I will do such. It's just a huge concern knowing that I will have no choice but to quit if it isn't addressed. :/
That's exactly how I feel, I cant now even remember the amount of threads I have posted in regarding this ! though in one thread, we got a red's reply regarding blurry, but they have not replied regarding this... It's weird, when they are making updating the game, don't they ever test it properly :S
I seriously can't play on this angle.. the video seems like it is lagging, I feel uncomfortable when scrolling... its harder to target in that quick situations cause i'm clicking way faster than this slow video... .... Hate when they think they making graphics better and instead Screw the game 1000 times more. This game is all about its game play, not so much about the graphics... *sigh...