Summonerís Rift Gets a Minor Graphics Update

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Black Saix

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazrin1123 View Post
Make baron and dragon stare at people that walk by
Oh I'd love to see Baron stare at you as you walk by as if daring you to attack him...

JasonFriday13th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
Anyone else think the upgrade make the hud and such really blurry?
i guess....they need to make the text bigger

Shuzo Matsuoka

05-23-2012

these graphics make my eyes hurt.. why am i force to play on high quality? it will just make me lag more. If i play on low i cant see the text why fix something that not broken.

ReadyToKill8

05-23-2012

After the update
I find the skill icons and texts are hard to read (overall the HUD)
the amount of money is not very clear
the fps number is hard to read

That's about it, (first custom game impressions)

Blizkrieg

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GTez View Post
Summoners!

This patch we’ll be rolling out some changes to the art of Summoner’s Rift aimed at bringing low and mid spec players better aesthetics as well as overall graphical performance. The next time you take to the Fields of Justice, you may notice a few new and improved visuals.

Some of the enhancements include:

• Better game performance at low and mid spec.
  • Updated textures across Summoner’s Rift.
  • Improved animations on many of the monsters, including the Ancient Golem, the Lizard Elder and, of course, Baron Nashor.
  • A new, animated shopkeeper to service all of your champion’s item purchases.

[aws2=news/May_2012/2012_05_14_SR_1.1/Rift_1.1_Baron.jpg]news/May_2012/2012_05_14_SR_1.1/Rift_1.1_Baron_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/May_2012/2012_05_14_SR_1.1/Rift_1.1_Jungle.jpg]news/May_2012/2012_05_14_SR_1.1/Rift_1.1_Jungle_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/May_2012/2012_05_14_SR_1.1/Rift_1.1_Shopkeeper.jpg]news/May_2012/2012_05_14_SR_1.1/Rift_1.1_Shopkeeper_thumb.jpg[/aws2][aws2=news/May_2012/2012_05_14_SR_1.1/Rift_1.1_Turret.jpg]news/May_2012/2012_05_14_SR_1.1/Rift_1.1_Turret_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

This is another improvement aimed at helping you continue to get the most out of your time playing League of Legends.

We’ll see you all out there on the Fields of Justice, summoners!

Note, we actually meant to post this on PBE Forums.

A MINOR graphics update?

The new graphics are quite amazing.

jihj

05-23-2012

I will just miss the shopkeeper

LadyAzalea

05-23-2012

Here's my thoughts: One. The glowing "buff" under a buffed creature needs to be reinstated. It's VERY helpful in identifying who has each buff and I think it worsens gameplay without them.

Two. Personally, I CANNOT PLAY THIS GAME without being able to disable fast terrain mode. I get motion sickness too easily and can't play at that angle!! I'm not only frustrated, but very disappointed! Not once was it mentioned in any patch notes OR the patch preview ... so I found out by entering a game with my friend and discovering I wouldn't be able to play more than 5 minutes before getting nauseous! I will be upset if I have to quit because I am unable to play because you revoked a very useful user setting.

Third. I can't tell a huge difference in graphics overall. Updated creatures are fine (they need glowing buffs). Shopkeeper is cool I guess. And my laptop still overheated twice (medium settings) because my graphics card runs hot when I play.

Four. As many have mentioned...the HUD text is blurry.

Edit;; If someone from RIOT could please answer my concern, especially about #2, I'd appreciate it. I also made a post somewhere else separately in hopes that it would be seen. If there is a better way to express my concern and directly contact you I will do such. It's just a huge concern knowing that I will have no choice but to quit if it isn't addressed. :/

ShinraEmpire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Give me my low graphics back.. this overheats my computer and in no way makes the game more enjoyable anyway...

DiMarzio

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraEmpire View Post
Give me my low graphics back.. this overheats my computer and in no way makes the game more enjoyable anyway...
This. I can get 140fps on my laptop, that's meaningless if my computer is on the verge of overheating with 90ļC

Before that change I could run high graphics at 60fps which is perfectly fine, and have a nice 70ļC

Fryth

05-23-2012

project shiny is a success gj riot!