Summonerís Rift Gets a Minor Graphics Update

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

coquettishmaid

05-23-2012

Up me if you are a STRONG INDEPENDENT BLACK WIMMIN WHO DONT NEED NO MAN!

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

05-23-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I like it!

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Anyone else think the upgrade make the hud and such really blurry?

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

So if something this impressive is minor ? what do you all consider major ? great job buy the way, can't wait to get home and patch. Been sneaking some streams at work, new rift has a lot of battle ambiance

Solmane

05-23-2012

guys, we would like a response to this thread

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2143158

Many of us have blurry screens and we have tried many things to fix this.

Zastie

05-23-2012

More yay!

Leib Olmai

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot GTez View Post
Summoners!
  • Worst game performance at High and Very high spec. Lowering their FPS
  • Updated textures across Summonerís Rift.
  • Improved animations on many of the monsters, including the Ancient Golem, the Lizard Elder and, of course, Baron Nashor.
  • A new, animated shopkeeper to service all of your championís item purchases.
That's what I got from it actually.
Pretty sad.

WrathOfGlory

05-23-2012

its amazing! love it riot. btw MAKE A NEW HEAT CHAMP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!

Stexe

Adjudicator

05-23-2012

It looks great! Only complains are the new shopkeeper is boring compared to the old one, the river looks a bit too dark, and the dragon didn't get any updated animations or a new model. Besides that it is AMAZING! Can't wait to see what you guys do next!

Oh, and for those interesting, I have a huge list of some Quality of Life suggestions from the community. If you have some ideas feel free to add some more! http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2026965

NegaStoat

05-23-2012

Either a change was made to the HUD font overnight while I slept, or my eyesight's improved.

Regardless, the clock timer and other text was far more legible than before after the patch. Thank you. A small gripe that I have is that the mini map in the right lower corner feels larger than it was before, and I am unable to scale it down with the rest of my UI when I slide the adjustment to about my usual 3/5ths of size.

Overall, the map textures look and feel a little more crude than pre patch for summoner's rift, even on maximum settings, but the difference is minimal and worth the sacrifice if a far larger percent of the player base is able to play with greatly improved performance.

In my heart, when I go into a match, I want my team mates playing their best - regardless of what machines they play from at home. This is a step in the direction of that happening.

123456 ... 7