Spirit Visage on Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

05-23-2012

Wondering why I see this item on so many mundos at higher elo?

I typically build:

Cloth +5
Tabis
Regrowth
Giants Belt

Path 1:
WM
Negatron
Wits End
FoN
Situational (atmas, Trinity etc)

Path 2:
Instead of finishing WM, I might go Negatrons, wits end, or phage depending on the game before i finish WM.

My issue with spirit visage is that the 15% hp regen is okay, but not incredible (100 regen = 15 extra regen).

I don't feel mundo benefits from cd.

My assumption is that the mr, coupled with the hp regen, small hp is a good pay off for the price? I just feel like an early WM or a giants belt, + regrowth is a better use of the 1500 and from their building into WM, grabbing a negatron or phage is better? Or is it just play style preference? Or perhaps I am teh uber noober?

Secondary question:

Phage is typically one of the last items I get to in a game. But should I be in a long game, is it better to go for trinity or frozen mallet?

UntalkativeBunny

05-23-2012

The reason people take spirit visage on Mundo is quite simple. Its a great early game tier 2 item that provides HP, CD, MR, and gives you 15% healing and regeneration effects (not sure if that includes lifesteal).

Mundos ulti at level 3 gives 60% of his maximum health over 12 seconds and thats where the 15% really comes in handy for when you go to initiate ganks or even if your just going in for the cleanup.

ValdezValdez

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntalkativeBunny View Post
The reason people take spirit visage on Mundo is quite simple. Its a great early game tier 2 item that provides HP, CD, MR, and gives you 15% healing and regeneration effects (not sure if that includes lifesteal).

Mundos ulti at level 3 gives 60% of his maximum health over 12 seconds and thats where the 15% really comes in handy for when you go to initiate ganks or even if your just going in for the cleanup.
Spirit Visage used to work on Lifesteal and Spell Vamp. It was way too strong.

It no longer does, but it still works very well on regeneration effects and healing such as Mundo's ultimate.

Dane Belthound

05-23-2012

So it is basically some decent second tier buffs and a good boost to your ultimate. Makes sense. I forgot that it would boost the ultimate. Ill give it try.

TehJackAttack

05-23-2012

I primarily get it for the boost to your Ult. However, the 15% increased regen is nothing to scoff at when your 4500 hp mundo has 70 hp/5 from his passive, on top of his base 20 hp/5 (level 18), combined with a stacked warmogs at +40 hp/5.

This means, WITHOUT a FoN, your base regen is at 130hp/5. SV bumps that up to 149.5hp/5.

At that point, the bonus to regen from SV is better than having an extra regrowth pendant.

Now factor in the 60% from his ult, and I feel that SV should DEFINITELY be core on almost any mundo build.

DarkenDragon

05-23-2012

spirit visage is a very poor starting item, dont understand why so many people pick this up as the first item. if anything this is a mid game item, MR isnt too important at the early stages, and you need much more health than this can provide, and the 15% healing/regen boost only helps later on when you have the regen/hp/ultimate to make use of it. and in early game you have non of that.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Spirit Visage gives stats that Mundo wants anyways. It provides them in a mediocre cost efficient way. The passive effect is basically 'free' and is a pretty nice boost mid to lategame with his Ult.
Even with 30 HP5 midgame, 15% gives 4.5 free HP5 even without the ult to consider.

The cooldown is helpful to ensure that his AD Steroid can be up constantly, plus quicker access to his Ult.

Visage also is a nice way to round out his MR to a decent number. Wits End, MR/lvl blues, and his base MR will hit around 100ish. SV makes it 130. So instead of investing in a crappy crappy Force of Nature (when he already has warmog for mad health regen), or Banshee or other bad item, he can get a bit of extra MR cheaply and quickly.