Master Yi Build, and Infinity Edge

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiaoLong

05-23-2012

Phantom Dancer is a much more efficient item than Ghostblade; in fact, it's one of the most efficient items in the game. I always get at least one on Yi. Doing so make you much less cooldown dependent on Ghostblade's active; and it builds from another great mid game item; Zeal.

Brother Of Dux

05-23-2012

@Manbalex I find IE too expensive to be effective early game, even with 1 or 2 kills I only just manage to finish lantern, boots and ghostblade 20~ish minutes into the game. And after that I need to go tanky to survive while still getting kills. Also remember Yi's passive goes well with AS.

@Warrax sorry for not being clear I start with vamp scepter, then build either claws for jungle or boots for ganks (or both if i have money), after which I finish lantern. As for atmogs being replaceable ill try it out.
Also I like your point about stacking all ur steroids into one and I would like to add that Yi has no CC and is quite squishy, thats why he needs to stack as much damage as possible ASAP and run out, before your target runs back to turret or before the rest of his team arrives.

@Miaolong, meh PD isn't that much greater than ghost blade, esp early game where ghostblade is I daresay noticeably better, assuming you remember to use its active. AD scales well late game which is why I only switch to PD after I've got all my other items.

Kysune

05-23-2012

Take it or leave it but my advice is start with some minor AP and buy doran's ring. You'll have enough sustain with leveling AS and Meditate that you'll outlane just about any top and their jungle will be required to help just to counter you.

After the start I go back and buy an Avarice blade, boots, and couple wards as needed. Next build Brutalizer, upgrade boots to either merc treads for high cc team or zerker greaves/ninja tabi if needed.

Upgrade to ghostblade, make 1 executioners, and 1 vamp scepter. From there you've got 1 ghostblade, 1 executioner, vamp scepter, upgraded boots, and 2 open spots.

Build a Last Whisper or Black Cleaver as you see fit, then upgrade that vamp scepter to another executioner. Now you've got 1 spot left for elixers or defensive item, I usually pick up GA or an armor/mr item depending on enemy team. You're now set, when you get enough money sell 1 executioner and buy an IE.

This build gives you ghostblade to catch up and ASpeed buff, 2 executioners to ignite 2 different lifesteal champs in a team fight (this is great vs mundo, lee sin, twitch, trist, etc, etc. I find that I typically end up using both of these actives in a fight to minimize any lifesteal or healing they'd get) and some great lifesteal coupled with plenty of armor pen.

Like I said earlier, I only start with some AP, and a hybrid offensive tree + dorans ring just to not get outlaned in the first 6 levels where it can really put a hurt on yi's success later on.

I run ghost and usually an exhaust as other but you could take something else. The ghost I think is great, if ghostblade is down or ult you've got another way to get around. I save my ult for escape moments as it will save you vs all cc except stuns/knockups.

@MiaoLong - the cooldown on GB is like 1min. It's not that bad and is usually up in just about every fight. When I run with GB, Ghost, and Ult 1 is atleast up and I usually burst them all throughout endgame teamfights. It's armor pen and attack speed make it more than worth it to tower dive or pickup those hard to get kills that PD won't allow.

Kysune

05-23-2012

Also, it's not the most accepted build or setup but it lets me have high sustain and when top thinks they can finish me I can meditate and outheal their burst while tower or my jungler completes the kill. (I've even got a double from both top and jungle trying to outdmg my meditate under tower lol).

Duffman316

05-24-2012

a good balanced build is treads, warmogs/frozenmallet + atmas as core tank items

phantom dancer + i.e + blood thirster as damage items

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaoLong View Post
Phantom Dancer is a much more efficient item than Ghostblade; in fact, it's one of the most efficient items in the game. I always get at least one on Yi. Doing so make you much less cooldown dependent on Ghostblade's active; and it builds from another great mid game item; Zeal.
It is a more CONSISTENT item, but certainly not more efficient.

The clickey alone on Ghostblade gives most of the PD advantages by itself.

You have 50% AS, 20% MS, 15% crit for cheaper than PD's 55% AS, 12% MS, 30% crit.
In addition you have 30 AD, 20 Apen, 15% CDR.

So ghostblade definitely gives more stats for the gold. Since Yi uses 2 other short term clickeys it works great. But PD works better for consistent jungling and movespeed and damage.
Most would rather have a ghostblade though since it provides more oomph.

Brother Of Dux

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kysune View Post
Take it or leave it but my advice is start with some minor AP and buy doran's ring. You'll have enough sustain with leveling AS and Meditate that you'll outlane just about any top and their jungle will be required to help just to counter you.

After the start I go back and buy an Avarice blade, boots, and couple wards as needed. Next build Brutalizer, upgrade boots to either merc treads for high cc team or zerker greaves/ninja tabi if needed.

Upgrade to ghostblade, make 1 executioners, and 1 vamp scepter. From there you've got 1 ghostblade, 1 executioner, vamp scepter, upgraded boots, and 2 open spots.

Build a Last Whisper or Black Cleaver as you see fit, then upgrade that vamp scepter to another executioner. Now you've got 1 spot left for elixers or defensive item, I usually pick up GA or an armor/mr item depending on enemy team. You're now set, when you get enough money sell 1 executioner and buy an IE.

This build gives you ghostblade to catch up and ASpeed buff, 2 executioners to ignite 2 different lifesteal champs in a team fight (this is great vs mundo, lee sin, twitch, trist, etc, etc. I find that I typically end up using both of these actives in a fight to minimize any lifesteal or healing they'd get) and some great lifesteal coupled with plenty of armor pen.

Like I said earlier, I only start with some AP, and a hybrid offensive tree + dorans ring just to not get outlaned in the first 6 levels where it can really put a hurt on yi's success later on.

I run ghost and usually an exhaust as other but you could take something else. The ghost I think is great, if ghostblade is down or ult you've got another way to get around. I save my ult for escape moments as it will save you vs all cc except stuns/knockups.

@MiaoLong - the cooldown on GB is like 1min. It's not that bad and is usually up in just about every fight. When I run with GB, Ghost, and Ult 1 is atleast up and I usually burst them all throughout endgame teamfights. It's armor pen and attack speed make it more than worth it to tower dive or pickup those hard to get kills that PD won't allow.
Umm thats hybrid lane Yi...This is dps jungle yi sorry if that wasnt clear.
But why bother with AP start? Might as well just go full AP if you want sustain, Meditate+Alpha Strike+Clarity is boss sustain, especially if you manage to kill their jungler and steal his buff (easy using meditate to bait), otherwise youre only limited by your cooldown.
Fed Ap yi build goes sorc/ionian boots, deathcap, deathfire, lich bane then build as you see fit, harrass with Q in team fights until you can nuke one down then pentakill with 5xHighlander