Runes for a Tank page

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DashOfLoyalty

05-23-2012

So I have a rune page set up for any tanks I end up playing and I'm for sure gonna go with mres glyphs and hp quints, but I can't decide if I wanna go hp seals and armor marks or vice versa

Stats
Hp seals and armor marks:
+ 8.19 armor
+ 48.15 hp

Hp marks and armor seals:
+ 12.96 armor
+ 31.23 hp

Any suggestions, fellow summoners?

duck knight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-23-2012

That's totally wrong..

red: armor pen or magic pen attack speed if you are a jungler
red defensive runes really sucks, you still need some damage even you are a tank

yellow: flat armor or hp/lv

blue: flat or /lv MR flat or /lv CDR /lv mana regen choose the one suits you

purple: too many options, please customize yourself

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

all tanks should be jungle or bot support, aside from the rare malp/shen top
for jungle it is normally: red-attack speed, yellow-armor, blue-mr or mr/lvl, quints-movespeed
for bot support I use my basic support page which is: red-armor, yellow and quints-gold/10, blues-armor

you can change the support page for armor yellows and mr blues but I prefer the gold for faster items since you aren't getting cs

the jungle runes mainly depends on the champ itself but those runes work for all tanks I've used except maokai and amu which i use ap quints and mpen reds

Strikerfox

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck knight View Post
That's totally wrong..

red: armor pen or magic pen attack speed if you are a jungler
red defensive runes really sucks, you still need some damage even you are a tank

yellow: flat armor or hp/lv

blue: flat or /lv MR flat or /lv CDR /lv mana regen choose the one suits you

purple: too many options, please customize yourself
Agreed. I prefer the move speed quints over health quints but that's me. Yellow armor no question. I use /lvl mr blues.

DashOfLoyalty

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoelith View Post
all tanks should be jungle or bot support, aside from the rare malp/shen top
for jungle it is normally: red-attack speed, yellow-armor, blue-mr or mr/lvl, quints-movespeed
for bot support I use my basic support page which is: red-armor, yellow and quints-gold/10, blues-armor

you can change the support page for armor yellows and mr blues but I prefer the gold for faster items since you aren't getting cs

the jungle runes mainly depends on the champ itself but those runes work for all tanks I've used except maokai and amu which i use ap quints and mpen reds
I rather like your idea on the support page...I may end up just going with that.

TehJackAttack

05-24-2012

Imo, if you're gonna run armor reds and gp/10 yellows/quints, I feel the only choice for blues is mr/level. They are some of the most efficient runes in the game, and they are super cheap.