"Tyrant" Swain?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EpicLotus

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
We need more info on the Demacian royalty exercising their power on the dark side of the spectrum. :P
Hearing about J4's father executing someone trying to protest equality in society (for being guilty of disturbing the peace and possibly treason) might give us some perspective.

The most recent thing the JoJ showed was Garen defending Katarina - Hardly anything "evil" for people to pick at.
1st off let me start by saying i agree with 101% of everything you stated.

But sadly not everyone that plays reads and enjoys lore as much as we do.

I think that they went made Noxus "look" as bad guys with their dark colors and "monstrous" apeal and Demacia as "beautifull shiny" people that are "good", so the guy who just reads the lore superficially has some fun, clearly seing who is the "good and the evil", defining who he should play with, wich side he will pick.

But then they trow curve balls to people who dig further to create the conflict of values to keep us much more intertained.

Basicly what im trying to say is the bad things of Demacia are "hidden between lines" as are the good thing is Noxus, that way we get the conflict we want and people who "just wanna be the good guys" get what they want too".

A red answer on this would be very cool.

PS: And for the sake of it IMO in the Dungeon and Dragons world, Noxus would be considered something between Chaotic Neutral or Lawfull evil.... it just fits the description like a glove.

KiteMeGood

05-25-2012

Tyrant Swain was meant to be a play on the whole trend of "send wild hungry minions to do the killing for me" skins, I noticed how Swain had a similar design motif with Malzahar with the Overlord Skin. Like how the Dreadknights are represented by champions iwth passive abilities which adds to one of their abilities by minion murder.

So Overlord/Tyrant, they are meant to be pet using skins. Now we need an Lich King Yorick Skin with fancy armored ghouls.

TheDancingDead

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
While the skin is directly related to the JoJ story, we generally aspire to name skins for wide appeal. "Tyrant" Swain certainly has its villainous connotations, and while I'd argue to the death that Swain is a much more nuanced and complex character than what 'tyrant' would immediately imply, the name of the skin captures the broad, surface level appeal of why the skin is cool: Swain is a badass, powerful, and "evil" dude.
Was just searching around for Swain story and found this thread.

Love the response. I tend to think of Noxus less as evil and more as realistic. Swain is the leader Noxus needs. Being backed by the Black Rose and the D brothers also helps.

StarkRavenMad

05-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDancingDead View Post
Was just searching around for Swain story and found this thread.

Love the response. I tend to think of Noxus less as evil and more as realistic. Swain is the leader Noxus needs. Being backed by the Black Rose and the D brothers also helps.
I like you.

IGotCareless

05-31-2012

Swain is basically the consummate amazing leader- his superiors ask for demotions so they can serve under him. So what if some people get crushed along the way, its all for the Greater Good.
P.S. A Lich King Yorick skin sounds amazing.

Wickian

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotCareless View Post
Swain is basically the consummate amazing leader- his superiors ask for demotions so they can serve under him. So what if some people get crushed along the way, its all for the Greater Good.
P.S. A Lich King Yorick skin sounds amazing.
As an undead gravedigger who is cursed to live on for ignoring the family tradition(?), "King of the ****ed" or something along those lines sounds better.

*dammed

Serriyu

06-03-2012

Who cares? It's an awesome skin.