How do you deal with a period of bad playing and teams?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erifox

05-22-2012

So how do you deal with a period in which you're just not playing as well as you usually are? Normally, I do extremely well and I can just dominate my games and carry my way to victory, but recently, I just feel like I haven't been playing up to par to my normal standards. I'm not even talking about defeats (as most of my games are victories). It's simply that I'm not doing as well as I usually should! And also, having a period of "bad" playing along with many bad teams, how do you deal with a period of not being up to par with how you usually are? Do you just take a break for a bit or what? Thanks!

FaerellG

05-22-2012

You take a break. Try to relax and return to a mental state where you were doing well. There's a lot of outside factors that will affect your mood (whether you notice it or not). There's a lot of things that are just subconscious, so do your best to hit the reset button yourself and then come back to the game fresh.

Kyrim

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
You take a break. Try to relax and return to a mental state where you were doing well. There's a lot of outside factors that will affect your mood (whether you notice it or not). There's a lot of things that are just subconscious, so do your best to hit the reset button yourself and then come back to the game fresh.
LOL going through one of those atm...check my history. Its pickled with defeats and has 2 wins sprinkled on it right now. The problem with the break its there is something in the back of my mind telling me "JUST ONE MORE GAME, YOU'LL WIN THIS ONE FOR SURE" but I always end up being wrong. Ranked is a drug. -150 elo in like 3 days ftw

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

If it's ranked I stop playing for a while and go to normals, if I'm still doing bad I just stop playing for a while

PlayGooYa

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
^
This.

Also consider that you may not actually be as good as you think you are. I suspect that I tend to run into better players over the weekend.

Also consider getting LoLRecorder and reviewing your games.

Etherimp

05-23-2012

Get sleep. Eat regularly. This helps.

Kyrim

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayGooYa View Post
^
This.

Also consider that you may not actually be as good as you think you are. I suspect that I tend to run into better players over the weekend.

Also consider getting LoLRecorder and reviewing your games.
Better players over the weekend??? I feel the COMPLETE opposite. I feel that on the weekends, people who don't play this game habitually come and play only for the weekends, meaning that they play about every 5 days meaning their mechanics are rusty. I usually stay away from weekend rankeds just play normals.

Crazy Crann

05-23-2012

I'm not of a level to play ranked yet, but I find when I'm on a losing streak in normals I will drop back to Intermediate AI with the champion I've been trying to win with. Sometimes, you just need to remind yourself about the fundamentals of that champ; AI is good for that. Sometimes, you just need a W or two to give you the morale boost to get you back on the path to victories.