Jungling tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HallowsMaster

05-22-2012

Hello forums, I'm a fairly new player, I recently hit level 25. I know the other roles decently but there's something about jungling that I can't learn to play it. I realize that jungling takes quite a lot of decision making, as in when to gank and when to keep farming, also what items to build depending on the opposite team, etc. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on preferable routes with certain characters, such as Olaf, Nautilus, and Mundo, as those are some of the champions that I currently own, also what types of runes I should mainly use and also maybe some ideas as to when would be the best time to gank, etc.

Thank you to whoever replies!

ScreamX

05-22-2012

Ever hear of like mobafire? http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-to-know-77704

Thats how i learned. And i played alot of bot games to tr it out. Its diffrent for every champ i think. Good wards, Good ganks, Look at your map all the time. You can also start with just about any item kinda go's off the champ your playin. I really like the cloth and pots. Add me if ya wanna watch a jungle game or somethin Search for Screamx

PEACE!

Surprise ZOMBIES

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

guides will help you out on what to build but ganking and learning when to farm just takes experience.

you must figure out what type of jungler you like, there are counter jungling junglers, farmining junglers, and ganking junglers. just depends on what you decide is more important.

LawfulDread

05-22-2012

I know what you are talking about for I am just a few shoes ahead of you, I am learning to jungle and so far I am making a difference in the game I am no longer relying on some one else to make a difference. I jungle noc and so far I am hating how nerffed he got XD

as was said you need to be looking at the map fallow a rout. Learning a rout will help you 100% Junglers will not make a difference unless they are in the right spot at the right time, this requires timing and knowing when monster spawn will help a lot. now learning to come back from a invasion is also required as a jungler this is normally a turning point, can you recover fast enough and then make a difference?

Gank at level 4 is normally a good idea, but i have seen as early as lvl 1 and first blood is worth it. Junglers should also be aware of mid, can you sacrifice your blue? This has changed the battle for the better, but slows you down amusing you need blue.
Now dragon it spawns 6m but you are not likelyl going to solo it that early. about 11m in you should be able to solo it, if its not gone by 13m its safe to say that they are likely going to get it. average.

Olaf is a great jungler but his ganks lack because he has no real stun/slow. I mean if you miss its your loss. but if you are well placed he does get his kills.
and mundo I really like mundo you can't go wrong.

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Don't use mobafire. Please use solomid.net or lolpro.com

05-23-2012

you dont need a guide or someone to tell you what to buy, jungling is 100% a support role. your job is to be supporting a lane (ganking or mob kills ) or killing stuff in jungle. people will cry if ur good or not. route is w/e u decide its not like every second matters, it really doesnt your gonna be out leveled kno matter how u look at it , basicly just dont die and continue to level slow or fast and your a good jungler, support when you can.

Kaoelith

05-23-2012

the hardest thing in jungle is communicating ganks, unless you are in a premade you need to ping a lot so people pay attention and try to have your lane bait them into the gank unless you are someone like jarvan who can initiate well or skarner/noc lvl 6 or higher

Sammy The Cat

05-23-2012

To learn how to jungle, I recommend you save some IP and buy Warwick if you don't have him already. While he's not known as a good jungler, he's fairly good and is great for learning.
Whenever you jungle, the two most important things will be timing your ganks and timing your crowd control.
You want to make sure the person in lane knows you're going to gank, and that they are prepared to attack if you do. (Unless you can kill them alone I guess.) You also want to make sure that whatever your CC is, you use it at the most effective time. For example, as Darius, Nautilus, Blitz, etc., you use your pull at the last possible second to get as many attacks in as possible from it.
Practicing the simple things like this will make you a good jungler in no time.

Kirielis

05-23-2012

Armour yellows, blues of choice, AS/AD/ArP in reds and quints. The exact setup is jungler-dependent.

Routes
Super safe: wraiths wolves blue wraiths (wolves/doubles) red gets you to level 4.
Traditional start: wolves blue wraiths (wolves) red wraiths
Red start: wraiths red (look for gank) doubles (look for gank) wraiths (look for gank) wolves blue

Gank
when the opponent is overextended or when you're a tower dive jungler
when the opponent is low enough HP to get a kill (if you end up burning flash instead, come back soon!)
when your laner is high enough HP not to die once you both engage
when your intuition says it's a good idea *most important criterion

Protip: the person with more reliable cc usually opens the gank. Say you have Sion and Cho'Gath. Regardless of who's laning and who's jungling, Sion will open the gank because his is a targeted stun, while Cho's is a delayed knockup. (And yeah, Sion jungle...for purposes of illustration only. Not really recommended.)