I just hit plat for the first time AMA.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Jungling is my main role and i feel like its the best role to "carry" a game with.

You can influence the entire map with your presence. No jungler "falls off" completely. if you "Fell off" you built incorrectly. make sure you know wat you are doing. If you are the only one on ur team that can peel for carries, build and skill for that. That means getting more shield and slows on Lee, and building tanky enough, randuins, frozen mallet, etc etc. If you have alistar or janna or something and another tankish person that can peel, make sure you stay on the enemy carries and zone them hard. Get some damage to be a threat, and enough tankyness so you don't instantly explode.

I guess the TLDR, make sure you know your JOB specifically for the game, and do it well. If you need to peel, don't blow all ur skills initiating etc etc.
so basically what ur saying is that if you do your job correctly and you dont win then you couldnt carry? imo carrying involves making the big plays ever fight that turn things into your favor as you lead your team to victory with proper leadership and calls. I understand that at the end of the day all you can do is your job, which is why i personally feel its harder to carry as a jungler.

Let me tell you there have been games were i feel powerless because i take all the dragons, feed all my lanes, steal all the buffs, maintain strong cs, shutdown enemy jungler, ward and protect my carries as lee sin and we lose because the carries still manage to die or get caught or lose the advantage that i give them in lane. How do you deal with this as a jungler? could you send me a replay or something of a game were u "do ur job" as a form of carrying or just explain a bit more about this situation.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
so basically what ur saying is that if you do your job correctly and you dont win then you couldnt carry? imo carrying involves making the big plays ever fight that turn things into your favor as you lead your team to victory with proper leadership and calls. I understand that at the end of the day all you can do is your job, which is why i personally feel its harder to carry as a jungler.

Let me tell you there have been games were i feel powerless because i take all the dragons, feed all my lanes, steal all the buffs, maintain strong cs, shutdown enemy jungler, ward and protect my carries as lee sin and we lose because the carries still manage to die or get caught or lose the advantage that i give them in lane. How do you deal with this as a jungler? could you send me a replay or something of a game were u "do ur job" as a form of carrying or just explain a bit more about this situation.
ok let me put it to you this way. if the carries die, it's YOUR fault. you LET them die. Lee sin is a good peeler protector. I personally choose nautilus alot, and he is great at peeling.

Transfer that mindset and it will make you a better player.

Granted , some games, your carry gets caught and insta explodes, but then it was your fault because you weren't being a good enough leader, or you didn't ward properly enough to just make it OBVIOUS where the enemy was so that even a brain dead monkey would see the danger. A loss where you could do nothing probably only happens 2% of the time in reality. under 1800 anyway.

If you have LoL replay I could dig through something and upload a game I guess.

Duhizy

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
ok let me put it to you this way. if the carries die, it's YOUR fault. you LET them die. Lee sin is a good peeler protector. I personally choose nautilus alot, and he is great at peeling.

Transfer that mindset and it will make you a better player.

Granted , some games, your carry gets caught and insta explodes, but then it was your fault because you weren't being a good enough leader, or you didn't ward properly enough to just make it OBVIOUS where the enemy was so that even a brain dead monkey would see the danger. A loss where you could do nothing probably only happens 2% of the time in reality. under 1800 anyway.

If you have LoL replay I could dig through something and upload a game I guess.
hmm good advice, i have that mindset with every other role tbh but i kinda thought the jungle role was different for some reason..... lol ye that just made me a much better jungler. Could u possibly send me or upload a replay anyway? something like naut or lee sin with the peeling ability, Iv been having trouble hitting the 20 min 100 cs jungle quota with a few champs and i noticed that top junglers get this 100 cs and still go like 4/1/3 score while it would most likely only give me 80 cs because i roamed to long to get that same score. Just cant figure out why it takes me longer and i dont get enough jungle clears in when others can get the same score and still hit the mark.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
hmm good advice, i have that mindset with every other role tbh but i kinda thought the jungle role was different for some reason..... lol ye that just made me a much better jungler. Could u possibly send me or upload a replay anyway? something like naut or lee sin with the peeling ability, Iv been having trouble hitting the 20 min 100 cs jungle quota with a few champs and i noticed that top junglers get this 100 cs and still go like 4/1/3 score while it would most likely only give me 80 cs because i roamed to long to get that same score. Just cant figure out why it takes me longer and i dont get enough jungle clears in when others can get the same score and still hit the mark.
ill dig through some stuff later today