Best AD carry for Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuN69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

I am doing bad in ranked and have been losing games left and right. I want to carry my team but I dont do it all that much. Who is the best Ad carry to use if I want to win and carry my team. I have Ashe, Miss Fortune, Vayne, Varus, Caitlyn, Sivir, Kog'Maw, Ezreal, and Tristana. Who should I use in ranked games?

NinkiCZ

05-22-2012

It sort of depends on your elo, but I would recommend Graves.

Out of your list, I'd say Ashe or Caitlyn. One of the problems with lower elos is that you sometimes end up with bad supports, and Ashe and Cait can still farm even if your support continues to get pulled by Blitzcrank.

peteleetzor

05-22-2012

even if we tell you a ranged, you probably wont know how to carry with him, sadly.

trist, siv, graves, probably the best in terms of kill lane.

mMoOoTt

05-22-2012

Graves for all Elos. He is the simplest AD carry to use and master, with great damage and great survivability compared to other AD carries.

Miss Fortune stomps lane, which can easily snowball at lower Elos. Caitlyn also crushes lane, which can do the same thing. For any Elo, if you can play Vayne correctly, she can and will snowball into a monster lat game. Ezreal is also a powerful carry at all stages of the game. Ashe arrows, by themselves, can completely win games.

Most AD carries are balanced and can be used in different situations for optimal carrying capacity. Find your favorite and master it.

AtomicWaffles

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinkiCZ View Post
It sort of depends on your elo, but I would recommend Graves.

Out of your list, I'd say Ashe or Caitlyn. One of the problems with lower elos is that you sometimes end up with bad supports, and Ashe and Cait can still farm even if your support continues to get pulled by Blitzcrank.
I am not high elo but i would have to agree. People are going to say that carry choice depends on enemy and your team composition but you just can't go wrong with graves. Why?
Really strong early game
Really strong mid game
Strong late game

There are 0 ad carries who have such strong early game and don't fall off hard late game.

sultryvoltron

05-22-2012

I'd say Trist.

If you can farm well and have a decent team comp, you will carry hard lategame because Trist is a monster with a mostly complete build.

BuN69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mötley View Post
Graves for all Elos. He is the simplest AD carry to use and master, with great damage and great survivability compared to other AD carries.

Miss Fortune stomps lane, which can easily snowball at lower Elos. Caitlyn also crushes lane, which can do the same thing. For any Elo, if you can play Vayne correctly, she can and will snowball into a monster lat game. Ezreal is also a powerful carry at all stages of the game. Ashe arrows, by themselves, can completely win games.

Most AD carries are balanced and can be used in different situations for optimal carrying capacity. Find your favorite and master it.
I agree about everything you said. I think the more important problem that I face is running into bad teammates.

Z32

05-22-2012

I'd say varus, as his current incarnation feels like essentially the strongest overall carry.

Otherwise it varies by team comp. Trist is usually a safe pick because she has so many ways to keep anti-carries off of her, so she's not as dependant on her teams protection. Kog and vayne do ridicukous amounts of damage that can be hard to deal with, but are riskier and easier to kill if their positioning isn't perfect. Cait is safe and a strong laner, but her actual carry power is weaker past the earlygame. Graves is super easy to play, strong at all points of the game and safe as well, babies first carry.

So I'd say your best choices are Varus, Graves, Cait and Trist, based on what's available, the enemy picks and your support. If you feel you're a very strong carry player, fundamentally or are very confidant in your team, kog and vayne are probably the most powerful carries in terms of raw damage output.

Takasugimasu

05-22-2012

corki/graves
best for snowballing early/mid game, and still very strong late game

tris can snowball early game, but she has pretty much 0 presence mid game

and mid game is very important in solo que, so many games are won/lost then

Mike17032

05-22-2012

Graves is so "safe" it's hard to go wrong with him. He is pretty much a tank compared to the rest of the bunch.

But he can't reach the "stomp the entire team into the ground" level that Vayne can. However her laning phase can be VERY hard, she can be super easy to zone. Proper support is usually critical for her early on. But late game unchecked she can win team fights by herself.

Caitlyn can get there too, just not quite to the same level. Safer in lane though, with her crazy range.