Jungle Renekton

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KDjinn

05-22-2012

I've been playing league for about a year now. Ever since I started I've been playing almost every single day and I have NEVER seen a single jungle Renekton. I always assumed that this was because he couldn't jungle well but after trying this out I soon realized this is not the case.

His clear time is very fast and he keeps his health up with no problems due to his heavy AOE/heal Q, he does a ton of damage to creeps with his E and has no mana costs so is not blue buff reliant. His gap closer and stun work very well together in ganks.

Just because he's a great top lane champ doesnt mean he cant jungle!

^Discuss

Bekkal

05-22-2012

Details man. Runes, masteries, path, build.

If someone can show me how to jungle Renekton, I may lose my mind in happiness.

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

well i jungle ren all the time.let me bring up lol and i can tell you what i use personally

KDjinn

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
Details man. Runes, masteries, path, build.

If someone can show me how to jungle Renekton, I may lose my mind in happiness.
Oh dude its a cakewalk, just get HP/armor pen Quints, armor pen marks, armor seals, magic res or CDR blues and start with cloth armor + 5 hpots and ur good. Start at red/wraiths

Bekkal

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDjinn View Post
Oh dude its a cakewalk, just get HP/armor pen Quints, armor pen marks, armor seals, magic res or CDR blues and start with cloth armor + 5 hpots and ur good. Start at red/wraiths
I am going to have so much fun tonight.

QQ Bro

05-22-2012

ive done this a couple dozen times, and i have to say it works well most of the time. problem is invasions. simply put, early game renekton is far far weaker than a shyv or udyr or mundo due to his ridiculously long cooldowns, so most smart junglers just invade invade invade.

its great and super fun, but i would never recommend this in a ranked game unless you have a team that will watch for the early invades (ehem early ward plz support)

also with renekton you dont need cloth armor, i start boots 3 and have no issues (can also start vamp sceptre or even dorans blade if you really want to)

Alokin

05-22-2012

Quote:
I've been playing league for about a year now. Ever since I started I've been playing almost every single day and I have NEVER seen a single jungle Renekton. I always assumed that this was because he couldn't jungle well but after trying this out I soon realized this is not the case.

His clear time is very fast and he keeps his health up with no problems due to his heavy AOE/heal Q, he does a ton of damage to creeps with his E and has no mana costs so is not blue buff reliant. His gap closer and stun work very well together in ganks.

Just because he's a great top lane champ doesnt mean he cant jungle!

^Discuss
I did jungle renekton on a regular basis in season 1 on eu. It's not bad actually, also potent ganks because of the doublegap closer and stun.

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Quote:
i personally go wraith wolf blue wraith red golems qweq. pen red armor yellow cdr blue atk quints. 21/9/0 kill wraiths and hit lvl 3 and you can chose whether to gank mid or grab red

Ordosan

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Bro View Post
ive done this a couple dozen times, and i have to say it works well most of the time. problem is invasions. simply put, early game renekton is far far weaker than a shyv or udyr or mundo due to his ridiculously long cooldowns, so most smart junglers just invade invade invade.

its great and super fun, but i would never recommend this in a ranked game unless you have a team that will watch for the early invades (ehem early ward plz support)

also with renekton you dont need cloth armor, i start boots 3 and have no issues (can also start vamp sceptre or even dorans blade if you really want to)
really? what runes/path you using. cuz i tried boots and vamp. and i cant seem to get far in early jungle without dying to golems or red at 3

QQ Bro

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordosan View Post
really? what runes/path you using. cuz i tried boots and vamp. and i cant seem to get far in early jungle without dying to golems or red at 3
straight attack damage and armor. get the negating damage masteries and youre golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alokin View Post
I did jungle renekton on a regular basis in season 1 on eu. It's not bad actually, also potent ganks because of the doublegap closer and stun.
seasonn 1 jungle meta was nothing close to todays, everything has changed. cant really compare the two. but not it isnt bad, i just found some rather big flaws in it that made me choose other stronger junglers instead