Jungle Renekton

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KDjinn

Senior Member

05-22-2012

I've been playing league for about a year now. Ever since I started I've been playing almost every single day and I have NEVER seen a single jungle Renekton. I always assumed that this was because he couldn't jungle well but after trying this out I soon realized this is not the case.

His clear time is very fast and he keeps his health up with no problems due to his heavy AOE/heal Q, he does a ton of damage to creeps with his E and has no mana costs so is not blue buff reliant. His gap closer and stun work very well together in ganks.

Just because he's a great top lane champ doesnt mean he cant jungle!

^Discuss


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

Senior Member

05-22-2012

Details man. Runes, masteries, path, build.

If someone can show me how to jungle Renekton, I may lose my mind in happiness.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-22-2012

well i jungle ren all the time.let me bring up lol and i can tell you what i use personally


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KDjinn

Senior Member

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
Details man. Runes, masteries, path, build.

If someone can show me how to jungle Renekton, I may lose my mind in happiness.
Oh dude its a cakewalk, just get HP/armor pen Quints, armor pen marks, armor seals, magic res or CDR blues and start with cloth armor + 5 hpots and ur good. Start at red/wraiths


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

Senior Member

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDjinn View Post
Oh dude its a cakewalk, just get HP/armor pen Quints, armor pen marks, armor seals, magic res or CDR blues and start with cloth armor + 5 hpots and ur good. Start at red/wraiths
I am going to have so much fun tonight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQ Bro

Member

05-22-2012

ive done this a couple dozen times, and i have to say it works well most of the time. problem is invasions. simply put, early game renekton is far far weaker than a shyv or udyr or mundo due to his ridiculously long cooldowns, so most smart junglers just invade invade invade.

its great and super fun, but i would never recommend this in a ranked game unless you have a team that will watch for the early invades (ehem early ward plz support)

also with renekton you dont need cloth armor, i start boots 3 and have no issues (can also start vamp sceptre or even dorans blade if you really want to)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alokin

Senior Member

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDjinn View Post
I've been playing league for about a year now. Ever since I started I've been playing almost every single day and I have NEVER seen a single jungle Renekton. I always assumed that this was because he couldn't jungle well but after trying this out I soon realized this is not the case.

His clear time is very fast and he keeps his health up with no problems due to his heavy AOE/heal Q, he does a ton of damage to creeps with his E and has no mana costs so is not blue buff reliant. His gap closer and stun work very well together in ganks.

Just because he's a great top lane champ doesnt mean he cant jungle!

^Discuss
I did jungle renekton on a regular basis in season 1 on eu. It's not bad actually, also potent ganks because of the doublegap closer and stun.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDjinn View Post
Oh dude its a cakewalk, just get HP/armor pen Quints, armor pen marks, armor seals, magic res or CDR blues and start with cloth armor + 5 hpots and ur good. Start at red/wraiths
i personally go wraith wolf blue wraith red golems qweq. pen red armor yellow cdr blue atk quints. 21/9/0 kill wraiths and hit lvl 3 and you can chose whether to gank mid or grab red


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ordosan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ Bro View Post
ive done this a couple dozen times, and i have to say it works well most of the time. problem is invasions. simply put, early game renekton is far far weaker than a shyv or udyr or mundo due to his ridiculously long cooldowns, so most smart junglers just invade invade invade.

its great and super fun, but i would never recommend this in a ranked game unless you have a team that will watch for the early invades (ehem early ward plz support)

also with renekton you dont need cloth armor, i start boots 3 and have no issues (can also start vamp sceptre or even dorans blade if you really want to)
really? what runes/path you using. cuz i tried boots and vamp. and i cant seem to get far in early jungle without dying to golems or red at 3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QQ Bro

Member

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordosan View Post
really? what runes/path you using. cuz i tried boots and vamp. and i cant seem to get far in early jungle without dying to golems or red at 3
straight attack damage and armor. get the negating damage masteries and youre golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alokin View Post
I did jungle renekton on a regular basis in season 1 on eu. It's not bad actually, also potent ganks because of the doublegap closer and stun.
seasonn 1 jungle meta was nothing close to todays, everything has changed. cant really compare the two. but not it isnt bad, i just found some rather big flaws in it that made me choose other stronger junglers instead


123