Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The biggest issue I have with LoL. Riot DOESN'T condone unorthodox picks!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alexandra Avdey

05-24-2012

Quote:
Rynhardt:
In the same sense, I ruin my opponent's fun when I beat them. Guess I should be banned.

The Tribunal is basd on popular hate votes.

There are indeed players who report every opponent who beats them. I have run into them, but they are obviously the outliers. By the very nature of the popular hate votes, outlier ideas of what to hate don't result in convictions by themselves.

TrustyPete

05-24-2012

Quote:
ONEBALL32:
you haven't shamed anyone

I shamed both you and Rynhardt by posting evidence that neither of you has attempted to play even one ranked game. In continuing to protest, you've both proceeded to pile up more and more comments about what "we all know" about ranked games (presumably drawn from reading threads on GD forums). Time to leave the thread.

Bakinam

05-24-2012

I completely agree. I can never play Riven in ranked because everyone always forces me to go top lane. I don't think Riven should go top lane. She just doesn't have enough defense to last against heavy bruisers like Jax or Olaf. People have the idea that certain combinations are the only combinations because that's what they're told. Do what you want, it's a game.

zomgnowai

05-24-2012

Quote:
VeryTense:
You are quite over dramatizing the thing, your logic is about the same as " I can't play the game because If I play I will get banned. "

as its been said, on a long enough timeline, everything dies. why cant i apply this to a ban system?

TrustyPete

05-24-2012

Quote:
ONEBALL32:
You think that you're the only one here making assumptions? Aren't you assuming that I've never played with anyone who is ranked and might be able to gage their skill level in comparison to my own? Aren't you assuming we play in ranked games with no jungle, no wards, no oracles and no desire to follow the meta just because that's the level you play at?

You should gauge your ranked-play skill level off the amazing scores you are putting up against bots with AD carries. That's basically the same thing. Some of those bots have really good AI.

ZeitKuppler

05-24-2012

Quote:
Bakinam:
I completely agree. I can never play Riven in ranked because everyone always forces me to go top lane. I don't think Riven should go top lane. She just doesn't have enough defense to last against heavy bruisers like Jax or Olaf. People have the idea that certain combinations are the only combinations because that's what they're told. Do what you want, it's a game.

Riven can lane against 95% of the cast and be fine. She has several hyper counter picks, but most of them are very unpopular top lane picks(like Volibear and Morgana for example). She does just fine in other lanes too, even bot lane. Shes one of those characters you can take to literally any lane be alright with. Just takes a bit of practice in each lane to get used to things. She definitely shuts down a lot of mid lane champs and bot lane champions with the right support by your side. Riven + Leona/Janna is amazing.