AP Kogmaw or AD Kogmaw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClapDemCheekz

05-21-2012

Simple question, AP or AD on Kog maw, and why?

I get mixed reactions playing him ad or ap. I'm confused which is better and why?

Palmerfan

05-21-2012

AD
I don't know much about AP, but AD Kog Maw is simply the most scary AD carry late game. His W combined with 200+ AD and good attack speed will shred a team in seconds.

DLT CorE

05-21-2012

AD Kog, hands down.
Even though he might be a decent AP, he's better off AD. As AD, he's got huge basic attack damage and decent spell damage as well. He's most useful AD.

ZOMGTURTLE

05-21-2012

It depends on what your team needs. He excels at either role. If you have a lot of physical damage on your team, go AP. His poke with his ult is ridiculous and can turn a siege heavily in your favor and still has good sustained damage.

However, as mentioned, he is probably the best late-game AD carry there is, melting squishies and tanks alike.

ClapDemCheekz

05-21-2012

Cool.. thanks for the input

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Its actually AS/Onhit Kog, AD Kog, and AP kog.

AP Kog is mostly relying on his Ult to deal heavy harassment and artillery damage. He would go MID. Since his ult doesnt scale super well, he will likely be more focused on cooldown, tons of mana, and magic penetration. Rank 3 Ult deals 400 champ dmg which is pretty good when firing once per second (with no CD)!

AS/Onhit used to be stronger, but with the new metagame AD Kog now rules. AD works beter with Offensive masteries, runes, lifesteal, and crits later on. So AD gives a much better early game, despite AS/onhit techinically being better DPS midgame.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

AD > AS/onhit.

AP and AD fill different roles. I like AP, but that's just me, and AD Kog with blue buff can do that job too..so...

Kaoelith

05-23-2012

AP is outshined by real aps that can do more damage without going oom in like 7 ultis that can miss easily without cc

AD>onhit since you are missing out on so much basic attack damage
he has a free madreds so you dont need madreds itself when you can also auto attack for like 400 a hit plus 6% hp on top of that

DLT CorE

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoelith View Post
AP is outshined by real aps that can do more damage without going oom in like 7 ultis that can miss easily without cc

AD>onhit since you are missing out on so much basic attack damage
he has a free madreds so you dont need madreds itself when you can also auto attack for like 400 a hit plus 6% hp on top of that
If you actually do combine it with a Madred's, it gets pretty scary.

henrythai

05-23-2012

I say AS/on-hit Kog is the best. I've personally tried AD Kog a lot of times, but it has never worked for me. I've had more successes with AS/on-hit than AD.

Madred's, Malady, Wit's End, and bam! You're melting everyone left and right.