If I'm NOOB.....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JayDizzel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reevezy View Post
I remember years ago when the internet was all innocent and noob and newb were the same thing. It was never used as an insult to start with.

Yes noob used to mean new player, now it's just bad player because idiots used it with a wrong meaning and it got stuck like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippiki Okami View Post
Noob and Newb/Newbie hell even use to see Noobie tossed around, all ment roughly the same thing at one point, just different ways of saying someone was new to a game, or played like they were new.

As some of the words began to be tossed around as insalts more often, noob and newb seemed to have taken on different meanings. Nub probably be the same one day and take on its own meaning, but at the moment the word just seems to be a shorter way of saying noob.
I fully agree.. some dumbass jumped online one day and didn't feel like spelling newb and instead wrote noob and it just became the norm.

I personally dont think either words are really so bad. Its just that the LOL community is some of the meanest and insensitive gamers ever. You cant jump into any game without at least one player on either team raging their ass off. I have played alot of online games and of them all i gotta say LOL has the most verbally abusive players. Just my thoughts

Luxury48

05-22-2012

<< 100th upvote. The op makes sense.

BE4ST

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxury48 View Post
<< 100th upvote. The op makes sense.
Why thank you.

So glad there are some intelligent people playing LoL.