If I'm NOOB.....

12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BE4ST

Senior Member

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoneMyth View Post
Noob =/= newbie

Noob = someone who refuses to cooperate or get better at the game, consistently playing badly with no regard for others nor understanding their shortcomings. Newbie just means new player.
Disagree.

People seem to be forgetting the evolution of the word newbie....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kumor

Senior Member

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE4ST View Post
I get what you are saying, but I disagree...

Noob is merely an evolution of the word newbie. Noob has basically evolved into an insult, hence why most youngsters these days don't know the original meaning. They fling it around like someone might say 'idiot'.

I know, I have been playing games for 30 years.
Yes but Lingo changes meanings with time. For example a Fa ggot is actually a bundle of sticks used to fuel a fire, but has since morphed into an insult defining sexual orientation that most people recognize as the only real definition of the word it seems. Noob has taken on a life of it's own and is almost the gaming equivalent of stupidity vs. ignorance where ignorance = newb, someone who has not been presented with the information necessary yet and stupidity = noob, someone who has been offered the information but refused to utilize it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordTobiothan

Senior Member

05-21-2012

itt: thread full of people that don't know what noob means, noob is not a word that evolved into meaning bad player, noob is the evolved word itself.

Noob is the derogatory substitute for newbie that implies that you know they didn't start this game yesterday, but they play like they do. It doesn't mean your a bad player, it means whatever you were doing is akin to that of a new player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SP3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-21-2012

Then I ask...


If I'm saying you're a noob, and therefore implying I'm an even worse player due to being outplayed by someone new and unskilled, why do you b*tch about "verbal abuse"? Technically I'm offending myself.

Love how logic works both ways lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darbal

Member

05-21-2012

Actually noob is a despective(?) word for a player who lacks skills in a game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lolerdonkey

Senior Member

05-21-2012

Noob and Newb aren't the same word.

Newb is someone new to a game.

Noob is a person who doesn't know how to play a game, even after considerable practice.

>.<


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BE4ST

Senior Member

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish n Chicks View Post
Then I ask...


If I'm saying you're a noob, and therefore implying I'm an even worse player due to being outplayed by someone new and unskilled, why do you b*tch about "verbal abuse"? Technically I'm offending myself.

Love how logic works both ways lol
Huh ?!?!

Is he just repeating my original point?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BE4ST

Senior Member

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumor View Post
Yes but Lingo changes meanings with time. For example a Fa ggot is actually a bundle of sticks used to fuel a fire, but has since morphed into an insult defining sexual orientation that most people recognize as the only real definition of the word it seems. Noob has taken on a life of it's own and is almost the gaming equivalent of stupidity vs. ignorance where ignorance = newb, someone who has not been presented with the information necessary yet and stupidity = noob, someone who has been offered the information but refused to utilize it.
This is true, but I'm an old git n still remember the original meaning of the word.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BE4ST

Senior Member

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbal View Post
Actually noob is a despective(?) word for a player who lacks skills in a game.
Disrespectful ?

Actually you are repeating what I just said....

I KNOW what noob means, did you read my post properly ?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Makoraias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-21-2012

I always thought the word "noob" was actually a cleaver acronym for "not out of bread".

Huh.


12345612 ... 22