Counter Picks - Don't be stubborn!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elleroth

08-19-2010

I'd like to point out that, while you mention counters to Heimer are those who have "Aoe and Bouncing Attacks," you've left Katarina out of the CPs. Her Bouncing Blade wreaks havoc on those little defensive lines when the turrets are within close proximity of one another.

AIM7Sparrow

08-19-2010

Make sure to include Nidalee against Vlad, for the laning phase that is.

Archyboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2010

Why would you bother adding Garen into that list? He can't do **** and only a ******ed team WILL aim for him in a team fight. He does no damage and gives no valid reason at all to aim for this useless ****.

tigerllama

08-19-2010

Vlad CPs
Morgana - Counter's his laning advantage and if you catch him with your Ulti before he pools, he's dead. Shield also let's someone chase without getting slowed.
Garen - Silence to prevent pool, or chase with Judgement if he does.
Rammus - With good control, you can stay outside of pool's range and use the last seconds of your Powerball to get in range to taunt.
Shen - I heard Shadow Dash can still Taunt him. He won't be escaping with pool much anymore.
Tristana/Katarina - Most of Vlad's survivability comes from his healing. Anti-healing skills with decent range.

peyo

08-19-2010

Kassadin is the best counter for anything that is not tanky. Mobility, long silence, slow and burst can shut down any squishy quickly.

As for Heimer's counter, Gragas is lovely. Ulti him away from his turrets and see how useless he is :] same goes for Janna and Tristana, but they have to actually get in between turrets and heimer to push him back.

Covenant

08-19-2010

I love Kassadin and hope he gets a boost in time for me to pick him up as my next hero. He was my favorite guy in Beta, hands down, and he was an unbeatable wrecking machine when played straight-hybrid. Unbeatable. How far he's fallen.

But if your trouble is magery, he's still great. Got a guy who likes to hide around the edges, use sneaky stuff like teleports, and could use some shutting up? Kassadin's your guy.

I'd love to have a well built Kassadin anytime Shaco shows up. Decieve? Good luck. You're slow, silenced, and I teleport better than you do. EAT IT.

HanzGruber

08-19-2010

Alistar's pulvarize hits Vlad while he's pooled. While not a counter pick, it's something worth noting.

I feel that Annie counters Yi, TF, Fiddles, and Kayle. Taric, Udyr, Amumu, Heimer, Kayle, and Yi can all be countered with Xin. His initiate is fast, and his attack speed combined with what is usually a bloodrazor eats through them. Olaf almost seems like he was designed to counter any of the burst champs or supports. The last thing they can afford to do is blow their CDs on him.

Siegebreaker

08-19-2010

A Counter to vlad is Mordekaiser,
He can harass and absorb the damage with his shield. The strongest early counterpick, to beat Vlad in lane.

Leirkov

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archyboy View Post
Why would you bother adding Garen into that list? He can't do **** and only a ******ed team WILL aim for him in a team fight. He does no damage and gives no valid reason at all to aim for this useless ****.
You underestimate the damage Judgment + Sunfire Cape does.

Desocupado

08-19-2010

Taric CP's-
Mundo (All his skill counter's taric's skill in some way)

Udyr CP's- (snares)
Morgana
Amumu

Yi CP's- (Stunners)
Rammus

TF CP's - (counter gate)
Shen
Soraka

Vlad CP's-
Gangplank