being the scapegoat in ranked games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akadien

05-20-2012

Ive had some just horrible games in ranked.Granted I've only played a few and Im solo but this last one ended at0/10/1 with 7 deaths before the 10 minute mark. Playing bot with varus with lux as support. Facing shen and sivir. Again and again would be taunted into stun into finished by sivir from range. The entire time lux sits in the bush or runs behind turrent then flames about me feeding and trolling screaming for everybody to report me. Almost all my ranked games have been like this. Expecting teamwork or at least an assistance, instead called a noob and blamed. What am I suppose to do? This last game shen was completely killable if lux would just attack. Yes i still die but end up with an assist and lux leveling. On top of everybody crying about wanting jungle or mid and saying its not their role. Any legitimate suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jloysnenph

05-20-2012

Some people can't be reasoned with. Play with friends.

Fluffyknowsyou

05-20-2012

Few suggestions outside of watching streams:

- Go for marginal gains over kills and legendary

In bot it's almost essential that you should be getting last hits on minions and fight enemy champions just to harass. Yes defend yourself, but make sure you're prioritizing mana and effort on minions in a manner which you can retreat safely to your tower. This means you shouldn't be pushing hard or initiating fights unless the conditions are right for a jungle gank.

Learn the essential roles in normal games: Ad range, support, jungle, solo top, and mid
It's like this in low elo, people want mid and top like their lives are depended on them getting it. They'll be last pick and call it with a sense of entitlement, no more like a kid calling shotgun. In these cases all you can do is reason with them and be prepared to play any basic role. This will not only expand your horizons as a player, but it tests how well you can handle that troll lux mid autolock.

People who are uncooperative:
They're apart of the game when you play with random people. All you can do is have a good attitude and try to pick a champion which compensates for the bads.

FatMii

05-21-2012

I don't want to be rude or anything but you belong in the low elo because every ranked game you played you went negative from the looks of it.

There are lots of resources out there to help you improve your game such as watching high elo stream and reading up guides and builds.

2 things you must do is get a proper rune page and make up proper masteries. You can use websites like www.solomid.net and www.lolpro.com to help you on that. Also look at the builds the guides recommend because you don't build Hexdrinker on Brand and you would rarely build Thornmail on Master Yi.

I suggest that you should find a champ and a role you are good at. It would also help if you took flash and ignite or flash and exhaust instead of exhaust and ignite since flash or ghost is a necessity for survival. Depending on which champ you play, flash is usually ideal over ghost.

You should stop playing ranked games because you are ruining the experience for everyone. Play more normal games and bring up your win/loss ratio to an even 50/50 and then go back and try ranked again.

I know lots of people want top or mid lane (myself personally too) but you will have a lot more fun if you learn to play all the roles effectively so you can play whatever. (Who said support is boring?)

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2012

Lol'd at the hexdrinker on brand. but yeah. get alot of games and champs under ur belt. remember- doing bad in ranked doesn't just suck for you. and if ur playing a character without built in escape like trist or corki u should always take a flash or ghost. and try to learn who counters who. sivir is a pretty good counter to varus and varus has no escape. the fact shen was able to constantly taunt u means that u were in a bad position also. and if you start losing a lane or the enemy gets the upper hand some way or another just play defensively. if your like me its not as much fun and hard to do but tower hugging.for 5-10 minutes till team phase makes the rest of the game more enjoyable for everyone on your team. as for building follow the guides on the websites mentioned. theyre pretty helpful until u know exactly why ur building what and when to build it. a hex drinker on brand serves no purpose as an example. plenty of better Mr items for him

BiggieSmaIIs

05-21-2012

Dw, you'll play better once you drop to 600-700 elo

Akadien

05-21-2012

It makes alot of sense what you guys are saying. I leveled to 30 almost exclusively on 3 on 3 so I don't know the roles well. As for 600-700 elo thats not going to happen. I figure I'm stuck on the 1000-1100 range for a while. I keep finding my self pushing to hard and overextending due to still being in the 3 on 3 mindset. As for the taunt he hugged the top part of the bush by our tower and had to be duo with sivir. It was just to coordinated. I would drop my E on him expecting lux to follow up with me, instead she'd run behind turrent and chaos ensued.

Fluffyknowsyou

05-21-2012

Makes sense brah,but it sounds like you're over committing too much. What separates the adequate players who manage to win games and those who lose is learning when to commit to a fight. You say this lux was far too passive,but maybe it was for the best if shen and sivir had a gold advantage.Your only priority is to farm as ad for the first 10-15 minutes. If you have to last hit under your tower, so be it.