An Unexpected Test of Life (Book 1)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JamesIII

06-09-2014

You, Not your character wakes up in a room. You have a splitting headache as you hear 2 people talk. "Test Subject ((Random Number Here)) is prepared sir." Another voice says "Very good, well we have no reason to keep him/her waiting, let us begin with the transfer of consciousness." You feel a large pounding headache which causes you to pass out, you hear one last thing before your entire consciousness has faded from the real world. "Now, i know you can hear me. Every night you will get a clue on what is going on and how to escape. This is a very special test for very special people. You will be tested on how well you accommodate to something that you believe does not exist when it turns out to exist." The voice starts to sound distorted "NoW, PrEpaRe YoUrSelF," This last part rings in your head as you lose consciousness "And Do not Die...." The world fades, you wake up seconds later, looking around to your surroundings. You recognise this place but, it only existed in a videogame before. Like a distant dream.... You look at yourself and you see that you are no longer yourself anymore but a character you created or that was created specifically for this world. Now it is your time, to truly know what it is in this world known as Runeterra first hand.

((So all this aside there is probably some confusion in this RP idea.
1. This is the real you ending up inside either a OCs body in Runeterra or ending up in a champions body if you are a ask ___

2. Ask ____ can sign up as one of their OCs

3. Try to react as you would if you one day woke up in Runeterra as a character you created.

3b. We all "Spawn" in the same area

4. This does not mean you have to use your real name. Feel free to refer to yourself as your OCs or champion's name.

5. Yes there is a way out but with multiple obstacles in the way. But one subject will not be able to do it alone.

6. This is a RP of choice, there are 3 general paths you can take. - The Completer, The Adapter, And the Traitor

The Completer - He/She will stop at nothing to get out of this nightmare and will try their best to escape with their lives

The Adapter - He/She decides there is no point in trying to escape, the adapt to runeterra and their real consciousness fades, being replaced with their OCs/Champion's consciousness.

The Traitor - You have lost all hope, and hate that others have it. You will kill the others just to make them feel pain and suffering. And you will try to stop those that would try to end this nightmare because you want to kill them yourself.

7. Status- You will have to keep track of status in this RP but only 2.

HP - Self explanatory, drops to 0 and your real mind dies, removing you from the rp and opening your spot to someone else, but who knows, maybe you can survive on as a ghost or remnant.... Please list this such as fractures and breaks in bones. Cuts can be generalized.

Soul - This is the crucial factor of this RP. This will go by the honor system so i would like to ask that if you enter in this RP that you will please be fair about this. Your soul is split in 2 parts, One half is your real soul, the other is your OCs soul. Doing actions that your real half would only do increases your Real Soul numbers while decreasing your OC's Soul Numbers. This works the same way with your OC's Soul Numbers If you do something by your OC's Book then your Real soul starts to fade. If either side drops to 0 the opponent side gains full control for the day. Every Night your soul equalizes again and you get a clue to where in Runeterra the portal is to escape, but i warn you it is going to be well guarded.

8. Death - Dying in this rp removes you from it, opening up your slot to other people. Really dying is very hard in RPing anyways but still it exists. If you die here no you do not have to permadeath your OC its your choice in that matter.

9. Places - Every place that exists in Runeterra, whether Lore or not, as a example you could go to Ionia and relax a spell or even go to Kaz's break room to relax instead. As usual please post your place in bold at the top of the reply. Like you do in the Other Place thread.

10. Night - Very important, at night your health heals a little and your Soul stat equalizes. Also at night you get also get a clue on what you have to do to escape Runeterra. ((Ignore everything to do with Night))

11. Other Subjects - You automatically know who other subjects are, but it is a subtle feeling. Like you know the person but you just cant remember why.... You also can "feel" a tug towards the location of other subjects

12. Lastly you are in your OCs/Champion's body so yes you do have magic or extreme strength or extreme speed, but remember that you will have to get used to the body first, i must ask that you do not go from waking up in a body you have never been in, to instantly knowing how to use the body completely and destroying the planet. (Yes this part is kinda stolen from DBZ)

Current Subjects:

Name of OC/Champ: Kiren Spiritmight http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4346
Summoner Name: Ask Malzahar V2 or Ask Zed V2
TIMEZONE: Mountain Time

Name Of Champ: Annie
Summoner Name: Littlebearcharmer
TIMEZONE: Pacific?

Name of OC/Champion: Tyrant Swain
Name of Summoner: Tyrant Swain 2/Kuronan
Timezone: Eastern Standard

Name of Champion: Vayne
Name of Summoner: All AFK IdraSol / Heartseaker
Timezone: Central standard

Name of OC/Champ:Scar, The Humanoid Tyrant http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4034
Summoner Name:Grievous77
TIMEZONE: Summer

Name of champion: Brolaf
Summoner name: Ask broseidon
Timezone: Central Europe.

Name of OC: Jacob Mercari http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4091
Summoner Name: RayOfLight17
Time Zone: EST, or GMT-5

Name of OC/Champ: Sabra http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/2422
Summoner Name: Aproxima
TIMEZONE: Central European Time (Central European Summer Time)/GMT+1 (summer time GMT+2)

Name of OC/Champ: Vladimir
Summoner Name: DarkLordVladimir
Timezone:EST

Name of Champion: Nautilus
Summoner Name: Orky Boss
Time zone: Central Time Zone (UTC -06:00)

Character name: Edwin http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3842
Summoner name: Neroth
Timezone: GMT + 1/Central European Time

Name of OC/Champ: Tryndamere
Summoner Name: TrynTheBarbarian
TIMEZONE: EST

Name of OC/Champ: Twisted Fate
Summoner Name: TwistedFate777
Timezone:EST

Name of Champ/OC: Mundy Lawrenson http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/2968
Summoner Name: Hammdog
Timezone: Australian Eastern

Name of OC: Victus Mortearma http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4201
Summoner: Kaelhound
Timezone: Should be North American Pacific or something like that.

Name of Champ/OC: FilFire http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1445
Summoner Name: FilFire
Timezone: Central European Summer Time

Name of Champ / OC: Pugno Praegrandis http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4393
Summoner: Hrvatski Hero
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Name of OC: Jared http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/3891
Summoner name: JamesIII
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time

OC: Jake http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/739
name: freAK47
time: Pacific

Name of OC/Champ- Ares http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4307
Summoner Name-CALEB THEBADDEST
TimeZone-Eastern Time

((Timezones are for your benefit, This RP move quickly so try to rp within a reasonable timezone near yours, rp with those out of your timezone at your own risk.))

JamesIII

06-09-2014

((Alright time to prepare the setting, we are all in a office in the Institute, that is the starting point.))

I wake up, it's not the first time I've been in here, heck i invented this project. I walk to the wooden desk and sit in the chair, the door across from me, i count the unconscious bodies on the floor waiting for them to wake up in my little world.

Tyrant Swain 2

06-09-2014

'Ugh... What the hell happened? My leg is murdering me...' Kuronan looks down at Swain's leg, noticing the formal dress of the Grand General. 'What the hell? I didn't buy commission this outfit...' Kuronan looks around for a few moments. 'Where the hell am I?!' He thinks as he, for a moment, struggles to get up. He is unsuccessful, and relies heavily upon his staff to get upright. He looks around at the others who were also waking up.

"What the Hell is going on here?!"

Nagash lich king

06-09-2014

Yawning, I stretched my arms and start to get up only to see the sleeping bodies around me. I look to the man at the desk and start walking towards him silently, feeling the books on my person but leaving them be. "Where am I?" I ask in a normal tone hoping the my fear doesn't show in my voice. 'your in Runeterra you simpleton.' A voice said in my mind causing me to frown slightly. 'That's a game, there is no possible way I'm in Runeterra.'

Grievous77

06-09-2014

"What the ****?" Griev looks at his body and sees green scales and his feet aren't feet but clawed ones.' Holy ****! I must be in a dream or something right? Right.... Griev tries to move but doesn't break loose. He saw others but it couldn't be possible could it? Swain?!?!? He thought he was going crazy but this felt so real and what was going on until he saw his eyes were different." Oh god, I swear this better be a dream." Griev muttered but inside was flipping out. It was so weird now and he could feel claws and was shirtless and looked muscular.'My god!'." Anyone awake?"

freAK47

06-09-2014

Nick felt...cold. Sluggish. Am I...dead? He slowly flexed his gloved hand. Gloves?Nick slowly opened his eyes, blinking groggily as his head hurt. Even that felt dull. He looked over at- "Huh?" was all that came out as he saw Swain, Swain for the League of Legends game. There were others, too. Nick rolled to the side, trying to stand and needing to lean against the wall behind him. The armor he "wore" clanked occasionally. And he felt it. THAT stopped him cold. He could...feel it. Feel the metal like it was his skin. He ran a hand along his leg, feeling the touch as if he wasn't wearing armor. It was almost like....Oh no. He turned to Swain and slid down the wall to sit on the floor. No, no, no.... "what...What happened? This...is impossible..."

Nothing is impossible with magic...Me for example... As the sarcastic thought filtered into his mind, Nick froze in surprise. He sounded just like he imagined he would. That ain't creepy at all. Now calm down. Try to think rationally. Nick nodded, trying to organize his chaotic thoughts.

Aproxima

06-09-2014

My eyes suddenly shoot up, but that doesn't mean I am awake or aware of what is happening, in fact quite the opposite. I find myself lying on the ground with my eyes wide open yet my vision was blurred due to how tired I felt. I try to push myself off the ground, completely oblivious to the fact I am in Sabra's body. I moan in annoyance at my headache and comment on it as I often speak out loud my thoughts " Ooch moje hlava... "

I manage to push myself into a sitting position and feel something dragging me down, those were my wings. In vain I reach out into the air and flail my arms around in foolish hope of remaining in the position I managed to get myself into. I fail and fall on my back " Kurva, seru na to! "

I remain completely oblivious to my surroundings, I might have registered some people inside this room, but I don't really care as I remain lying on the ground " Hmm, dneska zkoušku nemám. Si dám ještě dvacet. " And with that said I close my eyes again in order to fall asleep. I move around a bit and slowly start realizing that some things might be a bit off like something scraping the ground at times and something pushing on my back and bottom, but meh that's likely just the dormitory room.

Hearing people around me I shout slightly " Hey! Shut up. I'm trying to sleep here. " And then things slowly start dawning on me
English?

[[ Soul 65% I/35% Sabra ]]

(( Translation as it goes in order:
Oh my head.
Damn, f*** it!
Hmm I don't have any exams today.
I'll take a nap. ))

FilFire

06-09-2014

One of the bodies in the room isn't lying down. Or rather, it's not sure what exactly it's doing: It's obscured by a what could best be described as a cloud of darkness. However, the form of the cloud suggests that whatever is inside is at least in a sitting position. After hearing voices two tilted orange eyes with slitted pupils open, staring at everybody from the darkness, carrying annoyance and confusion.

I open my eyes as I hear people talk. I'm not sure what happened: first I was just looking some stuff up on the internet, eating a sandwich, then suddenly I felt something hit the back of my head. After that, nothing up until this point. I grumble to myself, then frown as the growling goes through the room like the rumbling of thunder. That's not normal. What's not normal either is, well, everything: Everything is a lot more vibrant than normal, the walls only a minor obstruction to my sight, and there are strange glows everywhere. I stare for a moment, trying to figure out what the hell is going on. The voices are also a lot louder than normal.

"What the motherfudging monkeys is this ****."

Like with the grumbling, my voice resounds throughout the room, being a lot lower and darker than normal, and carrying strange undertones. What the hell?

Grievous77

06-09-2014

I growled and tried speaking with everyone." Hey, what the **** is going on! So done explain this. Am I crazy or am I in Runeterra?!? Because there is Jericho Swain and all you freaks! No offense but still what the **** is going on and you, what the hell is going on?!?" I asked, going a bit pissed because I'm not trying to be mean but I'm just freaked out,

TwistedFate777

06-09-2014

At first everything was ...dark not a light, not a sound. I felt lost the only thing in my mind was the words that I had heard before passing out still leaving me with so many questions. I laid there in the blackness until a voice rang out clear as bell. "hey kid! get up!" the voice shouted a mans voice sounded about early thirties with a country accent, it sounded familiar. It came again. "Hey kid yah def?" it asked and then a small light appeared, at first it seemed distant like I was looking out to a sunrise in the horizon but it slowly came towards me and soon the light engulfed my whole being.

I awoke with a splitting headache and my head laid down on a desk in front of me, slowly I rose my head up off the desk and placed my hand to my forehead. My body felt different I couldn't put my finger on what was different right away but I knew my body wasn't my own. I tried to look around the room I was in to check my surrounding but my vision was blurry and as my eye's darted around the room everything looked too fuzzy to make out.

I rubbed my eye's and within seconds my vision returned to normal allowing me to see my surroundings clearly but that didn't help, I had no clue as to where I was or how I had gotten there. I could tell right away I was in an office and there was people sitting around me some awake, some unconscious; the strange part was I could recognize them, somehow I wasn't sure how but I knew them from somewhere it was like seeing them in a dream. I didn't have much time to think on it before the voice came again. "bout time yah got up." said the voice. I looked around but no one was speaking that made it clear the voice was inside my head but I had no idea how I was hearing it, it made me feel like I was going insane, I had gone insane and now I was in a sanitarium; that made sense but it didn't explain what had happened before I blacked out.

I tried to recall what I had heard before everything went black.

Quote:
"Now, i know you can hear me. Every night you will get a clue on what is going on and how to escape. This is a very special test for very special people. You will be tested on how well you accommodate to something that you believe does not exist when it turns out to exist."
that was the most clear thought in my head as I looked down at myself I was wearing clothing I didn't even own and my hair was much longer and had turned darker. I wasn't myself and had no idea what was happening but if the voice was telling the truth everything would become clear, once it came nightfall.