The Sparring Grounds v.2 [Open RP]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

05-28-2014

Read fights from the Old Thread HERE

It has long been known that the many warriors of the League of Legends are masters of their craft. Some battle with powerful magics, while others strike home their might with sword and steel. Still more may even make use of a combination of such things, or prefer ranged weaponry. With such a vast collection of powers and abilities, one may wonder how such powerful warriors manage to stay in their peak form. What strange place could possibly contain such might being unleashed other than a Field of Justice?

The answer lies within the confines of the Institute of War. The Sparring Grounds within the Institute's cavernous hallways provide champions a place to sharpen their skills in a variety of magically recreated environments. By default, the fields are large and flat, the ground made of hard-packed dirt. They are square-shaped, surrounded on each side by a wall, with an entrance on either side, and encompass an area of 40,000 square feet (200 x 200). However, the fields can be changed to suit any environment the trainee wishes for their use. The thick bamboo forests of Ionia, the frozen tundra of Freljord, the desolate fields surrounding Noxus, the crystal clear peak of Mount Targon, or even the shifting sands of Shurima, can all be brought to life by powerful duplication magics under the right circumstances. In this way, the battlefield can be as varied as the individual who may fight within the confines of the ring. For those who wish to watch the battles from a distance, viewing spaces beyond the walls of the fields have been provided, allowing something similar to a miniature Field of Justice, with infinite capabilities for entertainment, training, and improving technique.

Due to the rising damage done to League Grounds in recent days, the Senior Summoners have voted on a controversial issue. For the first time in League history, the Sparring Grounds have been opened to Summoners, and anything, or anyone, else that desires to get their fill of combat, rather than risking continued damage to League property. By limiting damages to facsimiles of true environments, the League hopes to lessen the possible damage, and continue to serve the best interest of its champions, summoners, and numerous patrons across Valoran.

(( In-character description aside, this thread is designed for the folks that with to engage in roleplay combat with others, rather than interrupting threads like "The Break Room" with battles and conflict. It is also a place for those among us running "Ask Champion" characters to have duels, if they so desire, without using the game engine. Hopefully, this will give everyone a place to fit in and enjoy themselves without disrupting others. =D))

Quote:
Things of Note:
1) Before you intrude upon someone else's fight, ask for their permission. If you don't, you might interrupt something important, and disrupt the flow of the RP. Be respectful.

2) There are healing staff on site to help pick up fallen champions, OCs, or otherwise. It would be foolish not to have an emergency staff on hand just in case something goes poorly.

Kuronan

05-28-2014

(( YAY! A new thread for sparring! )) I'm just going to put in my last few posts. ))

Kuronan normally avoided the Sparring Grounds. Though he did not consider himself above battle, per say, he did not exactly enjoy it and the thought of a duel was not pleasant as he was sure he would lose against nearly any opponent. He had however, heard Irelia was going to duel here and decided to come purely to spectate, but of course, were things to get out of hand he would obviously intervene.

Edith on the other hand, came to watch Irelia get knocked around. Indeed, they would both be late, and both would arrive at separate times (neither of them knew each other) but it would seem Irelia's match was garnering plenty of attention. Edith pulled out what appeared to be a blackened crystal that floated in his hand. The Crystal rose above the battlefield and constantly scanned it, recording what would transpire.
"I appear to have been late, but I will record what I can..." He said quietly, almost a mumble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SjachIxenMiirik View Post
A sudden breeze would blow by Edith, the faint smell of roses on it. The wind would sound like a voice whisper his name. Without a sound a figure would be standing by him and observing what he was doing quietly. Jin would look around. She was armed with her scythe as per normal. She barely went anywhere without it, considering her job. She would place her hand on Edith's shoulder, the smell of roses lingered around the woman. "research?" would be the only word spoke to him after that action.
Entertainment." he smirked under his robes. "I never did explain the Crystal to you, did I?" Edith appeared to know the woman well, and his attention was now split between the event and speaking with Jin. Edith did appreciate the smell of roses Jin brought upon the wind.

TheShadowOfChaos

05-28-2014

"So what is it that you are all researching or entertaining yourselves with, hmm?" A voice of an Ionian it appears rang out from what would impossibly the golem. Still cloaked and hidden away was the tiny spidery construct that lies hidden on Edith. A golemancer makes sure to build his things right, and he was quite thorough on making them as well. His little creation took quite while to make as the intelligence was quite hard to create.

Grievous77

05-28-2014

((Imma put Terra in and forget my posts with Kuronan due to issues but still, good job Ryugi. You still find ways to impress me!))

Terra had entered the grounds, his large frame and stature making him look very tall among others. He looked around slowly and quietly looked at few people who entered and other battles that must be happening at the moment for he had turned around to look at the people." No one as strange here. Everyone looks pretty...normal by my account." Terra said, quietly sitting down as he would just watch before being asked to spar.

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/4253

Kuronan

05-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
"So what is it that you are all researching or entertaining yourselves with, hmm?" A voice of an Ionian it appears rang out from what would impossibly the golem. Still cloaked and hidden away was the tiny spidery construct that lies hidden on Edith. A golemancer makes sure to build his things right, and he was quite thorough on making them as well. His little creation took quite while to make as the intelligence was quite hard to create.
(( My response depends on the size of the Golem. If the Golem is small enough: ))
Edith looks around for the origin of the noise, either pinching or grabbing a spider construct in his hand. The creature glared at it as it replied to the question. "Why don't you go find out?" He threw the spider at Irelia and Turek, who were currently fighting, and quite possibly get damaged on the way there. "No one likes Eavesdroppers..."

(( If the Golem is too large to be picked up in one hand: ))
Edith looks around for the origin of the noise before turning to the spider construct. He glared at it for a few moments before turning back to the match. "A fight between an Ionian Champion and some random Swordsman. They are currently fighting in the Arena." Edith paused for a moment. "No one likes an Eavesdropper."

(( Use whichever response is more accurate to the size of the golem. ))

Ask the Herald

05-28-2014

{{ I give up on waiting for Jayce. }}

The Machine Herald arrived at one of the many sparring arenas with the interest of watching and analyzing the many skilled or powerful individuals who might pose a problem to his goal. He sat at the stands, armed with his signature staff - its inset gem giving off a faint but visible aura of variable colors - and his autonomous arm - so full of life and excitement despite being merely a construct. He hadn't come to fight anyone, but he wouldn't turn down any challengers who wished to test the limits of his augments. He was here primarily to observe, to gain a better understanding of the myriad styles and powers that ran rampant throughout Runeterra.

SjachIxenMiirik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronan View Post
"Entertainment." he smirked under his robes. "I never did explain the Crystal to you, did I?" Edith appeared to know the woman well and completely ignored Jack, split between the event and speaking with Jin. Edith did appreciate the smell of roses Jin brought upon the wind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronan View Post
(( My response depends on the size of the Golem. If the Golem is small enough: ))
Edith looks around for the origin of the noise, either pinching or grabbing a spider construct in his hand. The creature glared at it as it replied to the question. "Why don't you go find out?" He threw the spider at Irelia and Turek, who were currently fighting, and quite possibly get damaged on the way there. "No one likes Eavesdroppers..."

(( If the Golem is too large to be picked up in one hand: ))
Edith looks around for the origin of the noise before turning to the spider construct. He glared at it for a few moments before turning back to the match. "A fight between an Ionian Champion and some random Swordsman. They are currently fighting in the Arena." Edith paused for a moment. "No one likes an Eavesdropper."

(( Use whichever response is more accurate to the size of the golem. ))
A faint smile would appear on jin's lips as she shook her head. "fun." As the second voice spoke she would look around for the source of the voice, noticing Edith was doing the same out of the corner of her eye. Her hand would hover near her scythe. She did not take too kindly to whomever it was eavesdropping but she usually took in the entire situation. But seeing Edith spring into action and handle situation, put her slightly at ease but she kept a close eye on their surrounding.

Ask Quinn n Val

05-28-2014

Quinn entered the sparring grounds wearing her workout clothes, a sports bra covered in a loose tank top and running shorts.

She looked around for a moment before she moved to the side and began stretching. She was looking for someone to practice hand to hand combat with.

She was not looking for someone to actually fight, more to train with. She didn't mind a serious training session but she didn't feel like leaving here feeling like she had been crawling across a cliff.

((Basically what I said IC, I don't want someone to fight fight but more someone to train spar with. Someone who's going to play by the rules and basically be a good sport about everything. You're not trying to win a fight and if it's obvious you are she's going to stop and walk away. Quinn's power level is fairly standard, she's got military training in hand to hand combat and is in top form.))

Goau

05-28-2014

((I could have either Goau or Talus come in, but neither are really fighters.))

Lil Bearcharmer

05-28-2014

Annie skipped into the Sparring Grounds clutching Tibbers and smiling wide. The summoners never let her go anywhere so she was happy to be out. She looked around spotting her fellow champions Viktor and Quinn. She looked to think hard about something before skipping down the stairs to sit and the wall above Quinn, staring at her.