Banned for being disconnected from the network due to a blackout

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0jonas0

05-20-2012

Banned for being disconnected from the network due to a blackout, I think it's not my fault, the Court should ban whoever curses in the game and practice acts of disrespect No disconnection because sometimes it is not the fault of the play, but the internet, but the worst thing is I can not contact me with any administrator to explain the situation, there should be a channel of contact between players and administrators, as best we could ask for help and ask questions better.
Thank you for your attention.

HonorableGeneral

05-20-2012

Disconnections still count as leaves (you're leaving 4 other players on your team high and dry, so they basically get a free loss) and as such are bannable.

Sorry. If your internet's not reliable enough to play a full League match, don't play the game.

TwistWrist

05-20-2012

Don't get banned for just one game anyway. Need to have a history of it.

TheDjinni

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0jonas0 View Post
Banned for being disconnected from the network due to a blackout, I think it's not my fault, the Court should ban whoever curses in the game and practice acts of disrespect No disconnection because sometimes it is not the fault of the play, but the internet, but the worst thing is I can not contact me with any administrator to explain the situation, there should be a channel of contact between players and administrators, as best we could ask for help and ask questions better.
Thank you for your attention.
Just to let you know, riot never really intentionally bans people for specific, one-time instances because they understand people may be having a bad day or that accidents like what you describe can occur. You are banned when riot sees a pattern emerge over the span of weeks or months where you are consistently abusive to other players or consistently leaving and disconnecting.

You may be automatically suspended temporarily (usually a few hours or up to a day) for several disconnects, extended afks, and leaves in a short time period (typically a few games in a row). Unfortunately it is your responsibility to ensure a stable internet connection and uninterrupted playing time so as to not negatively impact the 9 other players in your game.

You may also have been banned for a pattern of disconnects/afks/leaves over a longer period, and usually these are longer bans and are reviewed by a member of riot staff.

Either you're a victim of pure accident (highly unlikely) or you deserve your ban (which are 99% of complaints on the forum).

Sara Leah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0jonas0
Banned for being disconnected from the network due to a blackout, I think it's not my fault.
disconnect/leave for any reason other than server malfuntion is counted as your fault. why? because it is to easy to unplug and claim power went out, network dropped, ip went out, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist
Don't get banned for just one game anyway. Need to have a history of it.
this.

you were not banned for only that one leave/disconnect. but that one may have been the one that put you over the limit and on ban status. after its lifted play without disconnects, leaves, or afks and you will be just fine.

Best Luck Always =)

Quote:
Panzerfaust .... 4) 'Kill stealing' is only something inexperienced players (or selfish players) worry about. It's the same as the player who only plays a single role then gets mad when they don't have a tank or support.

This is a team game, if you are the only one on your team getting kills then you are the only one getting gold. Teamwork wins games, 1 v 5 not so much.