Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

caitlyn or graves

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamcaseal

05-20-2012

ive been playing as lux currently because she was cheap and i could buy her after playing LoL for 2 days. I like Lux a lot and find her long range ultimate weapon funny and dominating as hell to use. i love laughing at people when i shoot them with it a mile away and kill them.

I want more of this amusement. I am looknig at caitlyn as offering the same amusement with long range kills. i dont know if she can do it better than lux but it seems like she can?

im also looking at graves but he seems to need to be a lot closer to people to deal damage but seems to have a lot of mass damage stuff to get amusement out of.

Which should I choose? Do you guys think ill end up sticking to lux? i really like her but these other two champs look like they could be fun too.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/525820_358033694245297_100001160093107_861821_1384883293_n.jpg

Etherimp

05-20-2012

Graves is more of a brawler..

Caitlyn is more of a poker.

As far as Caitlyns Ultimate goes.. It doesn't often turn out to be as spectacular as you would like it to. A lot of enemies have shields, or ways to make themselves untargetable. It's also useless in teamfights, and people tend to step infront of it to prevent their teammate from dying. It CAN provide you with some great long range kills, but it takes a lot of skill, timing, and a little bit of luck to get it to consistantly provide kills.

Graves on the other hand just needs to get someone decently low (or get himself decently fed), and spam all of his abilities, finishing with his ulti... and someone will generally be dead.

Dreamcaseal

05-20-2012

k i guess ill get graves.

Etherimp

05-20-2012

If you want an AD carry with "lux-like" ultimate, try Ezreal .. He's very skill shot dependent and can pull off some spectacular stuff.

Mr AIex

05-20-2012

First of all, welcome to league. It's a great game full of fun champs. Lux's ultimate is sort of unmatched in terms of lulz potential but similar cheaky kills can be had from karthus and ezreal.

Warrrrax

05-21-2012

Keep in mind that there are quite a few AD ranged carries available. Before you jump and buy one, wait a while and play the different ones on rotation and see if you find another one you like better.

Lux has a long range snare/skillshot, along with the AoE slow/nuke, plus her shield and Ult finisher.

An AD carry is not gonna have all that CC available so you wont really find one comparable in that way.

Still, some good recommendations are:

Ez - Ult is very similar to Lux. His Q is also similar to Lux skillshot except for the lack of snare. His other skillshot does have a slowing effect built in. Then he has a nice blink/zap effect which can be used offensively or defensively. He is quite comboish.

Corki - has an AoE nuke at medium range and solid ranged harassment with his Ult. He tends to combo his spells like Lux and isn't so much of a right clicker. He has a fantastic escape spell.

Kennen - Try him today as an AD carry. He has the shurican skillshot, and every 5th attack he can try to hit a champ enemy and do extra damage and put a mark on them. 1 shurican, 1 5th attack and a autohitting ZAP = stun. He has great mobility and comboish skills with no mana issues.

Graves is supposed to be a mid range infighter. Yet, his spells outrange most AD carries! Yeah this mofo can drop THREE AoE nukes at 750 range which is kind of ridiculous.

Best Steed NA

05-21-2012

I personally like Cait more because of her range

karas thao

06-05-2012

I say graves even tho he has to get close
He can be a total carry even if he missed up early game
So if Ur playing graves and u need help talk to me I mean add me on lol then talk to me