new gamer needs explinations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0paVDrRBamkhNJJR

05-20-2012

-hey i just started in this game and i did both of the tutorials and 2 games vs bots i tried garen sivir and miss fortune and i think i prefer long distance player because i dont get always killed so i was wondering witch champion to take first for easy going and i want him to be pretty powerfull.

PS: when you finish a game with a champion and he fineshes at lvl14 when you start another game all te power that you level uped and equip that you buyed come back to zero?

TwistWrist

05-20-2012

This isn't an MMORPG. You start every game at level 1 with no items. You do get some persistent effects though runes and masteries though.

Ashe and Sivir at the easier (and cheap) AD ranged carries.

jowwy

05-20-2012

what arte runes and masteries?

TwistWrist

05-20-2012

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Rune

They are basically bonuses that become available to your account after you level up your account for a bit.

CowMeat

05-20-2012

Champions I find easiest to play and effective:
Top Lane: Yorick and Teemo
Mid Lane: Morganna
Jungle: Udyr, Shyvanna, Dr Mundo
Support: Janna, Soraka
Ranged AD: Caitlyn

MrFabuous

05-20-2012

I think everyone else pretty much discussed the runes and masteries...

Quote:
-hey i just started in this game and i did both of the tutorials and 2 games vs bots i tried garen sivir and miss fortune and i think i prefer long distance player because i dont get always killed so i was wondering witch champion to take first for easy going and i want him to be pretty powerfull.

After you feel comfortable with the controls of the game, and you have the ranged downpact, try Master Yi. He is a fast, melee based character (and cheap so you can buy him) and is pretty easy to play. This will lead you into another role to allow for a wider play style and the ability to choose what your team requires.

After yi, I would suggest Nunu. He can be a tanky-support. This will open you up to roles which can ultimately affect the outcome of a match.

Look up builds for the champs to see how to build them on moabfire.

profGnardian

05-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFabuous View Post
I think everyone else pretty much discussed the runes and masteries...

After you feel comfortable with the controls of the game, and you have the ranged downpact, try Master Yi. He is a fast, melee based character (and cheap so you can buy him) and is pretty easy to play. This will lead you into another role to allow for a wider play style and the ability to choose what your team requires.

After yi, I would suggest Nunu. He can be a tanky-support. This will open you up to roles which can ultimately affect the outcome of a match.

Look up builds for the champs to see how to build them on solomid.
Fixed. Mobafire doesn't have good guides.

OriginalJack

05-21-2012

Honestly when you are just starting i don't think there's a lot for you in those guides until you have an understanding of the lvl 30 meta and tier 3 runes. I'm not saying they're totally worthless for a newer player just that they are usually not written with a new player in mind.

(ps - solomid guides are usually much better than mobafire)