why pick AD teemo over AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vasque

07-08-2012

ap mushrooms ftw

tumlaven1

07-08-2012

My usual progression on teemo.

Berserker->nashors->lich bane->rabadon.... the remaining two are situational.

the reason i get berserkers instead of sorcerers is for the attk speed... around 1.6....nashors= some ap.. and cdr...lich bane for the little extra mmph... rabadon gives everything more kick, especially that lich.
.. realistically an ap teemo should have

1.6 attk speed.. 300-400 ap...and a frozen mallet...(hp+ slows)... Q or R then auto.. then R or Q (whichever you did not use)... then W to either book it or chase + auto... each auto will be bursty, as well as slow them a little.

Mallet and mushrooms.. and your W... teemo can run or chase for days.

also them 1k shrooms... kick ass

Cherbui

07-09-2012

On-hit teemo is better than both of them.

EvilSeeMonkey

10-13-2012

AP teemo is for fun games only. Reason being. If someone gets oracles elixer your shrooms are a alot less effective.

Onhit is the only viable build. Reason being his toxic shot. If you read the skill properly each hit upon hit it does a set amount of damage. Who cares about the DOT. The DOT is only for when they run. Combine that with malady and wits end. You have the perfect combo. Shrooms are for setting an escape route.

Fiveofswords

10-14-2012

ad soraka > ad teemo

MoonWarriors

10-17-2012

Actually in my early game I go AD within the time I get the a powerful AD item I buy AP so I pretty much get both AD and AP and then I dominate! But Teemo can be really bad if he cant farm enough.

Transcension

10-18-2012

After buying teemo at a relatively low level and playing him AD I sucked. I never touched teemo again until my friend who got me started playing played him about 30 levels and 300 games later and destroyed with him. I have used his build and I love it and almost always get at least 8 kills. It is an AP build so if you don't like AP teemo stop reading and downvote already.

Sorcerer Boots
Rylais
Lichbane
Deathcap
RoA/ Voidstaff
Athenes

What I like about this build is that your tanky, have 500+AP, and with Lichbane and your q you can take a huge chunk of your enemies hp. Also with this much AP and lich you can take towers fast, and with lich and teemos w you will almost never get caught with a Rylais by laying down a shroom or q'ing them. Another thing is that you have legendary map control with your shrooms and bluebuff. I have gotten penta kills kiting the whole enemy team in the jungle that have been covered in shrooms. I'm not saying that he can solo carry a game, but an AP teemo is viable.

Sakaix

10-18-2012

AP quints, magic pen marks, ap per lvl glyphs, armor Seals.

Boots +3 hp pots, > zerker greaves + kages pick(sell it later)> Malady > Rabadons > frozen Mallet > madreds bloodrazor then GA With this build in top lane i havent lost a match in weeks and even beat the rare AD teemo i barely see if at all anymore.

KO Flex

12-08-2012

Many people against AP teemo state that his only damage scaling with ap is from his q, his shrooms, and the dot from his e. I think a lot of people are forgetting that with his e, ap scales with both ON HIT DAMAGE and the dot. Meaning, stacking ap, you get more damage from the on hit effects due to his e, AND the dot. Building ap is a lot cheaper than ad, so when you build ap, it's cheaper, it's just like building ad in the form that it increases your auto attack damage, it increases your dot, increases your shroom damage, and the damage from your q.

In my opinion, ap teemo is extremely dangerous because:
1)ap increases auto attack damage and dot damage
2)ap is cheaper
3)his q and shrooms are for utility, not part of his main damage output. Q lets him shut down ad carries, and shrooms ward, occasionally pick off runners, and in a 1v1, placing it next to them adds a bit of damage.
4)shrooms block skill shots, and are useful for escaping.

Ap teemo just brings a lot of utility, while doing significant damage.

Just my take on it.

Morbius2271

12-09-2012

I play teemo as ap/onhit.

I start boots and hp pots x3 --> Deathcap -->Tier 2 boots, usually Sorc or Mercs --> Malady --> Runaan's --> Wit's End --> Void Staff. I get my t3 boots whenever the I have the spare cash, usually the 15ms.

For runes I go AP Quints, flat Mpen marks, flat armor seals, and mr/lvl glyphs. I somtimes change out the mr/lvl glyphs for flat ap or flat as glyphs if I wanna go merc treads for sure.

For masteries I go either 24/0/6 for more ap, Mpen, and overall dmg, or I go 6/0/24 for mobility, gold, and utility.

I end up with decent hp, armor, and mr for a mid champion, plus 300+ ap for blinding dart, toxic shot, and shrooms. Malady + Wits End + Toxic Shot + Runaan's = Dead enemy team. I somtimes figure in a Rylais too if I need HP.