Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Darius vs. Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vedergallning

05-19-2012

I've already seen a couple threads on here talking about the similarities between Darius and Garen. I hate ot agree with a lot of the people in these threads, but the fact of the mater is that Darius and Garen do seem incredibly similar.
Darius basically strikes me as Garen with better utility. Ask anyone that plays Garen and they'll tell you that 2 things that Garen lacks are utility and late-game strength, and with Darius coming out, I feel like Garen will be replaced by him easily.
I feel like Garen needs a couple changes to make him scale better into late game. Anyone else agree?

TNine27

05-19-2012

Darius has no lane sustain whatsoever, while Garen is a champ who thrives in lane.

HellsHelper

05-19-2012

Noxus>Demacia

ShadyElf

05-19-2012

I don't think every champ should have the same power curve. Some should be early game power houses (Renekton, Panth, Garen) and others late. Adds more variety. And later on Garen can become a good damage soaker and still has that silence. The point of champs like Garen is to press your advantage early and make sure there is no late game.
I think Darius will have a tougher time laning than Garen does. We'll see though.