Jarvan IV - How to build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MX5lover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

So I've been playing J4 for a few games now and I've been having an absolute blast with him. I love the way his kit works and how much disruption he has. While the ulti is a bit annoying because quite a few champs can get out of it easily or just flash out, it's still awesome to watch :P

Now my question is, how exactly are you supposed to build? I normally try to build tanky so I go something like: merc treads/ninja tabi ---> Mallet ---> sunfire cape ---> atmas ---> FoN ---> IE. the only problem then is that I have very little damage output and basically can only disrupt enemy teams a bit. I do find however if I don't build tanky, I just blow up straight away. Any advice? I just want a bit more damage but don't want to get instagibbed the moment I try to disrupt the enemy team.

Thanks

Hichigo023

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX5lover View Post
So I've been playing J4 for a few games now and I've been having an absolute blast with him. I love the way his kit works and how much disruption he has. While the ulti is a bit annoying because quite a few champs can get out of it easily or just flash out, it's still awesome to watch :P

Now my question is, how exactly are you supposed to build? I normally try to build tanky so I go something like: merc treads/ninja tabi ---> Mallet ---> sunfire cape ---> atmas ---> FoN ---> IE. the only problem then is that I have very little damage output and basically can only disrupt enemy teams a bit. I do find however if I don't build tanky, I just blow up straight away. Any advice? I just want a bit more damage but don't want to get instagibbed the moment I try to disrupt the enemy team.

Thanks
I love playing jarvan because he is a good tank and excellent ad I like to build him:
Cloth plus 5 pots first go for wriggles and buy ur boots along the way to (merc or tabi). Finish off the wriggles and boots and buy frozen mallet then grab warmogs with atmas. Finish off with ie and sell ur wriggles for bloodthurster with this build I go 25/4 in St and go 18/2/10 in tt

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2012

My top and Jungle build are the same thing if I'm owning lane

cloth armor, pots>madreds>boots>wriggle>HoG>wits>better boots>frozen mallet>atma>randuin>whatever you want ( i normally go FoN/banshee/trifroce depending on enemy team)>sell wriggles for whatever also(trifroce/madreds depending on what you got before)

Boomstick II

05-20-2012

I like to build him like this:
- Wriggle's
- Tabi
- HoG (later turned into Randuin's)
- Wit's End
- Trinity Force
- Situational (LW, Atma's, Banshee's, etc.)

I usually jungle him though so I rarely get past the phage part of Trinity. (My order is Boots -> Wriggle's -> HoG -> Tabi -> Wit's -> Phage and so on)

CrusaderAntonius

05-20-2012

I don't think J4 is spammy enough to make good use of Triforce. That, and you usually combo his Q+E, so that's a wasted proc right away.

Here's what my final build looks like:

-mercs
-frozen mallet/warmogs (mallet for when you need +damage -beef, warmogs for -damage +beef)
-banshees
-atmas
-ghostblade
-situational (FoN/Randiuns if I'm not tanky enough, IE if I am)

If you can get away with an IE in the 6th item slot, you're going to be a VERY hard hitting off-tank. Decent resists and hp mean you're not going to blow up in the middle of the fight, and 200+ AD along with the AS boost from ghostblade and 58% crit chance for 250% crits means you're going to completely demolish squishy champs and be able to beat other bruisers off of your carry.

dc talk fan

05-21-2012

I take Jarvan top lane and I play him as a straight tank. No real DPS, just....beef. As Jarvan I make it my mission to stand in the middle of their team under turret for 30 seconds and walk out with half health once we kill them all.

I start with Regrowth Pendant and a health pot, my items are as follows:

Philo Stone
Heart of Gold
Boots(Either Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads depending on what their team comp is)
Warmogs
then I buy a Negatron Cloak and a Chain Vest to get resists in both categories.
Force of Nature
Thornmail
Frozen Mallet
Randiun's Omen

I obviously sell the GP10s along the way. This build will give you about 250/200 Armor/MR, 4000 health, and 350 health regen per 5. With your passive you have massive damage, with your knock up and ult you have good CC and the ability to make them focus you. I usually go something around 6/4/19 with this build. Good luck.

Oh and feel free to play aggressive early. Once you hit lvl 2 start using your knock up and passive on them then walk away. Rinse and repeat. An early kill will give you complete lane control with Jarvan.

Pushover

05-21-2012

My normal build is something like tabi/merc treads, Wriggles, Phage, Wits end, upgrade to Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel, whatever is needed. Sometimes I start with a philo or philo HoG depending on the lane.

If I'm doing really well early, then I will go for a triforce instead of the wits end, then go warmog atma FoN whatever last item. This is a much more expensive build, and doesn't really get as useful in a teamfight until after you have the giant's belt and triforce, but it features a much stronger lategame.

77remix

05-22-2012

It depends what your team needs more. If you have a main tank I would recommend building a tri force on him it synergizes really well on him.

I usually like to always build double gp5 items on him when
Jungling or top lane.

If you need to act as your main tank for your team build atmogs and randuins omen. Frozen Mallet is also a very good tanky DPS route to go.

Also consider aegis of the legion if you don't have a support.

StealthB2

05-22-2012

J4 pretty much invented Metagolem, so go with that.

etharian

05-22-2012

builds with him i find to b pretty situational. assuming you go solo top- since i haven't jungled him yet- the boots 3 is always safe. if its ad top against you cloth 5 lets you b more aggressive. if you are planning on getting gp10 get them first. its just a better idea. philo and hog both work well with him. i find randuins is really useful late game as well. if you want more damage with tank id recommend wits end plus atmogs and fm with him. plenty of damage and defense. grab tabi or merc depending on enemy team comp of course. build randuins for ad heavy teams fon against ap. and of course ga is nice too. he's pretty versatile i think so its hard to say what's best. but atmogs fm wits end is almost always part of my build with him