[Guide] Taric, the Gem Knight

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodba7h

10-29-2009

Innervating Locket:
I find that with my build I have enough attack speed to spot heal whoever needs the healing without having to go with an expensive item like Locket. It's also an instant heal which is leagues more valuable than a heal over time.
As for mana regen? It's situational at best. A good Taric will go from helping in teamfights to pushing a lane and back and in this time your allies aren't benefiting much from your mana regen. You will get enough mana for yourself with your passive and Chalice, as well.

It's not a terrible item, but it's not an item that will win games (like Banshee's, Guardian, Aegis, etc.). It's just much better on Soraka, Alistar, or anyone with a more spammable skillset. Stun, shatter, 2x heals, maybe another stun.. if you say you've done anything else in a hectic teambattle, you're lying. You've given everyone around you 250 HP (over time 15 seconds.. important to note. just like a potion), 80 MP (big whoop.), and a slight mana regen. With the money you've spent on it, you could have gotten Aegis of the Legion and part of your Banshee's. Think about it again!

@ Westley: Your item build seems more suited to Sion than Taric. You should try him out with that.

@ Asvarduil: Aegis is 1925 all said and done so it is very affordable. It is also considered the best tanking item in the game. Everyone around you benefits from it (minions too), gaining 35 armor, 40 MR, and +8 damage. Combine that with Shatter and you've just made everyone around you take approximately 40% less physical damage and 20% less magic damage. Simply HUGE. Oh yeah, the extra health doesn't hurt either.

In conclusion: Get Aegis of the Legion if nobody else on your team has gotten it already. It's the greatest tank item you can afford. Don't get Innervating Locket (imo). It costs in the upper 2k gold range and is too expensive to be worthwhile.

Asvarduil

10-29-2009

Point taken, Bloodba7h. Aegis of the Legion = Happy time, especially after that great game last night. I need to pick it up a couple hundred more times.

Bloodba7h

10-29-2009

~

Definitely, good sir.

Asvarduil

10-29-2009

Ok guys - wave of item updates is up. If the changes seem underwhelming, also remember that I'm trying to keep this reasonably short too. I've also added some annotations on what common consensus is on some items, such as Stinger/Nashor's Tooth, Chalice, and Aegis of the Legion.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2009

Quote:
Chalice of Harmony - Taric's skills consume a great deal of MP. Chalice of Harmony has a great passive benefit: you gain 1 MP5 for each 1% of your max MP you're missing. Chalice makes Radiance not only viable and helpful, but deadly. Chalice is a must-have for Taric.
Hey, I just wanted to give you a headsup that your explanation of Chalice is wrong. Chalice gives you 1% regen of 1% of your max missing mana. This means that if you're missing 2000 mana, chalice doesn't give you an additional 20 MP5, it gives you an addition 2 MP5. Still better than most other mana items, but not as good as you would think.

Runtime

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodba7h View Post
Innervating Locket:
I find that with my build I have enough attack speed to spot heal whoever needs the healing without having to go with an expensive item like Locket. It's also an instant heal which is leagues more valuable than a heal over time.
As for mana regen? It's situational at best. A good Taric will go from helping in teamfights to pushing a lane and back and in this time your allies aren't benefiting much from your mana regen. You will get enough mana for yourself with your passive and Chalice, as well.

It's not a terrible item, but it's not an item that will win games (like Banshee's, Guardian, Aegis, etc.). It's just much better on Soraka, Alistar, or anyone with a more spammable skillset. Stun, shatter, 2x heals, maybe another stun.. if you say you've done anything else in a hectic teambattle, you're lying. You've given everyone around you 250 HP (over time 15 seconds.. important to note. just like a potion), 80 MP (big whoop.), and a slight mana regen. With the money you've spent on it, you could have gotten Aegis of the Legion and part of your Banshee's. Think about it again!

In conclusion: Get Aegis of the Legion if nobody else on your team has gotten it already. It's the greatest tank item you can afford. Don't get Innervating Locket (imo). It costs in the upper 2k gold range and is too expensive to be worthwhile.
Point well taken. I'll experiment with your build a little later tonight. =P

Asvarduil

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Demon View Post
Hey, I just wanted to give you a headsup that your explanation of Chalice is wrong. Chalice gives you 1% regen of 1% of your max missing mana. This means that if you're missing 2000 mana, chalice doesn't give you an additional 20 MP5, it gives you an addition 2 MP5. Still better than most other mana items, but not as good as you would think.
EEP! Fixing that right away. That one slipped past me.

Edit: Credited runtime instead of Crazy! It's only minor dyslexia.

Lone Wolf 28

10-29-2009

Hey guys, yesterday I played a couple in which Taric's Ult turned over all the pushes we made and finally gave us the game, so that led me to think. Would it be possible to build a Taric with almost fulltime ult??

I'm gessing best possible build would be to get a couple of big mana items and then get 3 or four chalices, what do you think?

Maybe tear of the goddess, Sage's ring and stack on chalices? Maybe a couple AP items? Dunno...

I'll give it a try tonight, but I'd like some suggestions.

Highborne

10-29-2009

Lone Wolf, Chalice is unique buff.

However, getting 4 Archangel Staves + Chalice + Boots would work wonderfully.

Lone Wolf 28

10-29-2009

@Highborne
Is it?? It does not say on the desription....

1234567 ... 12