Stop puting me with people who dont speak english language match making system anyone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bullettime7

05-23-2012

The problem is that in a team oriented game, it's hard to communicate. Want to call for a lane swap with a teammate but your teammates all speak Portugese? I guess you're screwed. Asking a question on their build? **** out of luck.

This same situation occurred in WoW until Blizzard opened Brazilian servers. They play on the NA servers as their only option, despite the servers being NA which is predominantly English with some Spanish. Many NA residents can understand some Spanish, but to ask us to learn Portugese to play a game with a group of people that technically doesn't even reside in NA? Cmon.

There needs to at least be a matchmaking filter for languages. You select your language and get grouped with players who speak similar. This would greatly increase team communication, especially when in solo queue games. It's extremely frustrating grouping with 4 Portugese speakers for example and I'm sure it's frustrating for them to join a group of only English speakers.

This isn't racist at all before Magenta Warrior or w/e wants to throw that around. It's merely asking to be able to cooperate with my team and communicate, something players regardless of their language or country of residency should desire.

KnightxSScarlett

05-23-2012

Oh, so I'm being intolerant but you're not being intolerant about Brazilians? You don't want them all removed from your server?

I keep telling you, if you remove the chat from the game, the game doesn't change.

@matchmaking filter - The "BRs" just have to tick english and we're back where we started!

There is no problem with languages in LoL. Plus, if you're in a queue with 4 "brazilians" then what do you do? You're the only one who can't communicate with the team.

Also - about racism. I've been saying that Americans are QQing about white problems. The others have been saying that Spanish speakers suck at this game compared to English speakers (they imply United States citizens). If you look at the definition of racism, it is they that are being racist. I'm just harassing you about being intolerable.

Sadisticway

05-24-2012

I too would like to not have non English players no fun when it sounds like a Home Depot day labor parking lot in a game.

MoonStomp

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Oh, so I'm being intolerant but you're not being intolerant about Brazilians? You don't want them all removed from your server?

I keep telling you, if you remove the chat from the game, the game doesn't change.

@matchmaking filter - The "BRs" just have to tick english and we're back where we started!

There is no problem with languages in LoL. Plus, if you're in a queue with 4 "brazilians" then what do you do? You're the only one who can't communicate with the team.

Also - about racism. I've been saying that Americans are QQing about white problems. The others have been saying that Spanish speakers suck at this game compared to English speakers (they imply United States citizens). If you look at the definition of racism, it is they that are being racist. I'm just harassing you about being intolerable.
You are a racist troll. Ignoring every good point and focusing on trivial details.

The fact is that we need a language filter.

0/10 not even mad.

Vituzao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

Thing is, that yes, many Brazilians sucks at LoL, like many NAs sucks too.
I mean, it happens.
NAs can suck at LoL, BRs can rage quit too. Its not good, but it happens.
What I'm trying to say, is that I'm Brazilian playing at a NA server with a not so good english.
So, whats the most spoken language at NA? English, I suppose.
So, I talk in english and try to make the BRs talk too 'cause man, its a NA server.
Until we have a server of our own, with good players, we will have to talk in English.
You guys should learn a language not just because its a game, but because Spanish is one of the most worldwide spoken languages too and can help you in business, in your culture, in your socialization with portuguese guys 'cause c'mon, it's not that hard for a Brazilian to understand spanish and way easier to learn.
Stop thinking only of the games, but in yourselves too.
But its easy to blame Riot and say that the matchmaking language sucks, huh?
Well, don't depend on Riot. What about it?

Cherokeepimp

05-24-2012

The stupid ones stick BR in their name, just avoid those ones and your all set.

xXCrocmonXx

05-24-2012

How about a quick-chat menu, or something? Make some chat commands that don't just make your champion dance? Y'know, like /brz to have it tell you /brz [word] and it'll give you vague phrases in that language? Have it in English, Spanish, Brazilian, and maybe Portuguese to have everybody have quick-chat responses to people.

Things like "Sorry" or "Attack!" or "PUSH!" or something. The pings really only say "attack," "retreat," or "Hey, hey listen!" They're not really effective.

KnightxSScarlett

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXCrocmonXx View Post
How about a quick-chat menu, or something? Make some chat commands that don't just make your champion dance? Y'know, like /brz to have it tell you /brz [word] and it'll give you vague phrases in that language? Have it in English, Spanish, Brazilian, and maybe Portuguese to have everybody have quick-chat responses to people.

Things like "Sorry" or "Attack!" or "PUSH!" or something. The pings really only say "attack," "retreat," or "Hey, hey listen!" They're not really effective.
Excellent idea, and very easy to make.

Tarogan

05-24-2012

>Mageinta Warrior

Again you add nothing to the discussion. You are being flamed for using terms like "you people". Also you are talking about "ALL" whites.
We don't need separate servers. We just need filters. To help everyone, not just the "whites". You seem to think that filters would only help the "whites". Language filters increase the matchmaking systems ability to ensure that 1 english speaker isn't put with 4 brazilians and vice versa.
Please grow up.

NikkishallDye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2012

I've found another effective method is to know a few simple phrases in, well, spanish. Those are the only people I encounter who don't speak english.

reverso=back, b
empuje=push (tower)
ataque/asalto=attack, target.
centro/foco=focus, center on
ir aqui=go here (usually followed by a ping)

I know it can be frustrating, but due to the large population of foreign language speakers, I think it's best for us to adapt until Riot adds different languaged servers.