Stop puting me with people who dont speak english language match making system anyone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strikerfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
In the USA, we have no language for 3000 miles. The USA has no national language.

Besides, even if they did make another server for Central/South America, you people in the USA would find something else to complain about.
even without an official national language, what language are road signs and government documents in? for that matter, what language is the lol website in? I'm not asking someone to learn English, I just want communication. I've been on a team with 4 Spanish speakers and we won because I responded to pings. I'm just asking for a Spanish speaker to do the same and not accuse us of being racist to excuse his poor playing.

KnightxSScarlett

05-23-2012

You are being racist though. You assume Spanish speakers play poorly. And 1 person does not a team make. If you won that match, it was because you worked as a team with the very PINGS I MENTIONED ON THE THIRD PAGE!

Plus, you need to keep in mind that Mexico is part of North America as well, wonder what language they speak?

Strikerfox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2012

Quote:
You are being racist though. You assume Spanish speakers play poorly. And 1 person does not a team make. If you won that match, it was because you worked as a team with the very PINGS I MENTIONED ON THE THIRD PAGE!

Plus, you need to keep in mind that Mexico is part of North America as well, wonder what language they speak?
I live in Arizona and can speak Spanish, but that doesn't help with abbreviations and shortened words. I'm just sick of people qqing about the language issue whether you're on the English or Spanish side. Hopefully, riot will eventually include a language filter during matchmaking, but until then just play the game.

SteAK 47

05-23-2012

Yeah seriously, the match making is a HUGE problem. It really makes it hard for me to enjoy a game when it is so heavily based on a team effort, and I can not communicate with my team. I could have sworn the region I chose was North America yet I get matched up with a melting pot of people; Leading to a waste of 20~ mins

I should not have to waste that much time on a loss(That I did not earn). I want to play with team mates who comprehend, and work towards a WIN.

Dexteryus

05-23-2012

learn more languages... the basics for gaming,, its easy and it's a win/win. problem solved.

AU Freo

05-23-2012

I wish they would make an Asian Pacific server. At least then I could talk to other Australians.

AU Freo

05-23-2012

Quote:

You're being racist by saying it's racism, when it is not.

MercifulMage

05-23-2012

SELECT A SERVER: "North American"

"HueHueHue foda-se os americanos, achando que pode jogar em seu próprio servidor."
> Mind speaking english?
"Oh meu deus picar você imprudente, brazillians precisa de um servidor para jogar também."

Hell yeah Google translate.

Vote4Missy

05-23-2012

I read this whole thread and I find it funny that there are so many people telling others to learn 2 languages. I only know English and if everyone I was teamed up with understood English I would be fine. I am sure the people who get paired up with me that don't understand English would want a way to get paired with people who speak their primary language.

Tarogan

05-23-2012

I think the main problem is that people of similar languages aren't put together when the games matter. During ranked play 1 person not being able to communicate is a huge handicap however you want to view it. Unfortunately, there is a lot more to be communicated than can be communicated by 2 different pings. A ping on blue can mean help me with blue or an enemy is in blue or everyone meet at blue. Pings aren't enough to communicate effectively.

An easy solution to this problem would simply having a preferred language in the options. Once selected the matchmaking system would prioritize people of similar language so that everyone can play where they are most comfortable. This is especially important for competitive play as bad communication is the downfall of many teams without a language barrier. Having a language barrier as well, especially, at lower ELO makes it quite difficult to have a fun and productive match.

To: Mageinta Warrior,
Nothing that you have added to this discussion has been productive and many of the statements you have made have been borderline if not outright racist. Please keep in mind that many people from many areas play this game; being able to play with others who understand you make LOL much more fun.
Also, please keep your hatred for Americans out of the forums. It's obvious that you have had similar conversations with friends and family members that revolved around slamming those capitalist, stupid, selfish americans. Putting that on public forums shows badly upon yourself and propogates the very racist and intolerant attitudes that slow all human growth.