Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Crumbzz statement, leaving Team Curse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lIlIIlIIlIlIlIIl

05-19-2012

Quote:
Rinoa:
Education is definitely really important. Moreso for those who do not truly understand what they should pursue in life. That doesn't mean it's the only path in life though. The Video Game industry has been booming for over a decade now, numbers, interest and spotlight overall have been steadily increasing throughout the years. That includes job opportunities.

I was first introduced to eSports in 2005, I was still in highschool and close to college but I kept a lot of my focus on eSports because it was something I was really passionate about and something I felt I could build a future with. I used to be sponsored just like some of these players and I would travel to compete at events. Granted I never came close to winning any :P because I wasn't as talented but I took any opportunity I could.

Now I'm at Riot, doing what I would consider as my "dream" job. I'd say leaving my education behind turned out alright for me. It doesn't work for everyone but if you work hard and set goals, you can achieve them.

I am not trolling but this is horrid advice. This is like saying "I won the lotto so you should play too!".

Education is a sure thing, there is always a happy medium between education and pursuing your dreams. Doing what you did is not advisable to the masses and is honestly irresponsible to recommend.

d Crumbz

05-19-2012

Thank you so much for the support

Aquelarres

05-19-2012

Hi, Crumbzz I'm from Argentina, and i studied english for a time, but i can't do as well as you do. I guess it's a matter of practice.
Anyway, on top of all, i wanted to say that i think you are one of the best commentators for the tournaments. Think about that.
I watch your stream, enjoy your music (it's awesome how we listen to pretty much the same rock bands, and OSTs), i respect your playing style, logical and cautious. Also, i like how you are capable of not-raging, but still recognize the badness on anyone's poor decitions, including those of your own. You are clearly a smart guy so you are going to be a success with your new team.

And that's all. Thanks for the big plays.

PS: I haven't still heard you listening to the Melvins, The Pixies, and please try out this argentinian rock band called Los Natas, because they make one of the best psichedelic stoner rocks ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8o9LGrwtyY&feature=related

Syrilic

05-19-2012

Crumbzz making the hard, but mature and for the best choice.
/salute
(Let me stalk you at ubc, kthx)

Edit: I'll still be looking for your stream for tips on jungling yes, but mostly how to make smart decisions in general.

iPapii

Recruiter

05-19-2012

ur going to dignitas?

Rinoa

Recruiter

05-19-2012

Quote:
imthepits:
I am not trolling but this is horrid advice. This is like saying "I won the lotto so you should play too!".

Education is a sure thing, there is always a happy medium between education and pursuing your dreams. Doing what you did is not advisable to the masses and is honestly irresponsible to recommend.

No where did I say you should all forget education and copy me because I definitely do not think that! I said education is really important, especially to those who do not find an outlet for what they want to achieve. That doesn't mean that you can't be successful if you do not choose the standard route of college degree -> job though.

daiden

05-19-2012

Quote:
Rinoa:
No where did I say you should all forget education and copy me because I definitely do not think that! I said education is really important, especially to those who do not find an outlet for what they want to achieve. That doesn't mean that you can't be successful if you do not choose the standard route of college degree -> job though.

Yes, but it's a tiny, tiny chance. Never try to tell people "hey that's an option" when it really isn't. That's just encouraging impressionable kids to turn away from higher education because you got lucky.

Kids who play this game look up to Riot employees, and treat them like rock stars. Please use your influence responsibly.

Dismal626

Recruiter

05-19-2012

school > video games mang, you made the right decision.

eBlossom

05-19-2012

I heard on stream that you attend UBC? By any chance is this University of British Columbia? If so, see you there! I'm going there in September!

Popadopolus

05-19-2012

Education will likely allow you to enter a career which would afford you the time to keep this as a hobby.

Good luck with your future in either outlook.