Champion Concept - Ienzo, the Nitro Scribe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nabonidus

08-18-2010

Champion Type: Melee, Assassin, Nuker, Mage, Farmer, Fighter
Story:
As a boy in Zuan, Ienzo Flint appeared to be destined for greatness - precocious, clever, and eager to learn. This was of no surprise, of course. As the only son of Ernest Flint, the town's premier Artificer, Ienzo was next in line to inherit the secrets and prestige of his lineage - a bloodline of Artificers spanning both the years before and the years after the rune wars.

Unfortunately, such notoriety often breeds unwanted interest. Such was the case when word reached Noxian command of Ernest's latest work - A device capable of channeling mana directly and converting it into combustable energy. While Ernest's intended use of a reliable and efficient energy source was tempting, Noxian officials had better uses in mind...such as a reliable and efficient way to set fire to a troublesome foe.

So it was that Ernest's life ended, ironically, on the day of his son's 16th birthday. When a band of noxian assassins decided to crash the family celebration, Ernest handed his son his research notes, the tome containing the secrets accumulated over the years by his family, and the lone prototype of his work - a small crystal that contained almost flamelike swirling energy. With that, he gave his son a final farewell, somberly pronounced him the new master of the Flint craft of Artificing, and locked him in the secret panel behind his bookshelf.

Whether it was hearing his father's demise, or being locked in the chamber for 2 days with nothing but the glow of the jewel to keep him company, it was clear to the Zuan authorities that found him he was a little....touched in the head by the incident.

He had become oddly obsessed with fire, explosions, and destruction in general, and he barely slept, instead focusing on absorbing every scrap of data the tomes held and working on his own important project - a special pair of gauntlets, and a suit of special, flameproof material.

Several weeks later, he disappeared, setting his family's generational home aflame as he did. In the remains of his father's hidden study, citizens found a message, scrawled in flaming runes.

"Our legacy lies in ash. Soon, so will theirs."

Naturally, when he made his debut on the fields of Justice wearing his new suit, no one was surprised. After all, necessity is the mother of invention... and nothing sparks necessity quite like revenge.

Abilities:

Destructive Impulse (Passive) - Every 7 seconds, Ienzo's next melee attack will deal 5/10/15% of his AP as bonus magic damage in a radius around him. This effect cools down 1 second quicker when Ienzo kills an enemy unit.

Nitro Wire - Ienzo fires a wire towards target location, latching onto the first enemy it hits and slowing its movement speed by 15/25/32/40/50% for 5 seconds while Ienzo infuses them with mana. After 5 seconds or when the skill is activated again, Ienzo detonates the mana, dealing 75/90/115/130/150 magic damage (+.6:1 AP), plus an additional 2/4/6/8/10% more damage per second the wire was attached. The wire snaps if the enemy gets too far away.

Blast Radium - Tosses a rune grenade towards target location. After 3 seconds, the rune detonates, knocking any enemies nearby away from the impact point and dealing 100/130/160/200/220 damage (+.70:1 AP).

Subterfuge - Passive: Grants Ienzo an additional 4/6/8/12/14% move speed. Active: Ienzo places a flaming rune on the ground at target location. When an enemy champion walks over it, it explodes, dealing 30/45/50/75 damage (+.2:1 AP) in a radius, and adding a "volatility" debuff that lasts for 4 minutes and increases magic damage taken by 1/2/3/4/5%. Stacks up to 3 times.

Ground Zero - Detonates any and all volatility Debuffs on all enemies, dealing 50/75/150 damage per debuff (affected by the debuff effects). (+.40:1 AP)

Recommended items:
Boots of Mobility
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Nashor's Tooth
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Zhonya's Ring

Quotes
Being Chosen
"This'll be a blast and a half. They'll be the half."

Move
"I'll put it on the back burner".
"Never know what hit 'em."
"Fire in the hole!"
"Clear a path.....or I'll clear it for you!"

Attack
"Burn, baby, burn!"
"Fragged, bagged....and tagged."
"In a blaze of glory..."
"Smoke 'em if ya got em."
"Hey you! CATCH!"

Joke
"The only thing my gear makes difficult for me is travel. What part of "I have a permit for that" do security forces not understand?"

Joke 2
"Oh, sure, there was that one time. But I still say that schoolhouse CLEARLY attacked me first."

Taunt
"What's black, crispy, and screams a lot? You in about three seconds."

(Inspired somewhat by Doctrine Dark of Street Fighter Ex. Feedback/suggestions always welcome.)

NeyugN

08-18-2010

Awesome concept man! Not too overpowered. Seems like this would be a mid-high difficulty player because for the ulti to work, you gotta harass them and attack with your e attack to get those stacks. But once you stack everyone, that ulti is devastating!

Keep it up man.

On a side note: I love those taunts and jokes lol

Soulece

08-18-2010

I really like this champ. Even if they don't make this champ they HAVE to make that E. This champ gets my seal of approval!

If you could check out my champ suggestion, Vesuvus, The Void's Shadow and give your thoughts about him. If you find him worthy, could you give him your seal of approval?

Nabonidus

08-18-2010

Thanks for the feedback. The ult and E are actually the ones I'm still a little on the fence about; I wanted him to be able to be an assassin around early-mid game by getting the jump on his opponents, but to still offer some team presence. I was originally planning on making Ground Zero some kind of massive AOE, but shied away from that just because the AOE metagame is already popular as is.

By making his ult and E synergize like they do, I'm trying to give his concept some map/teamfight presence after ganking phase is over, since his melee design means he has to tip the odds in his favor first. Ideally, it would also force the enemy team to hunt him down or stack MR, since idling and waiting for the enemy team to push would mean risking stacking volatility and a subsequent ult, which would force the team back and allow his team to push.

The concern I'm dealing with is whether or not his E+Ult would trump teemo's ult, hence why I'm trying to keep the damage on E minimal.

Typically, teamfights for Ienzo would probably play out as follows: Tank initiates, you throw a blast radium into the group to push one of the enemies into you, snag them with Wire, then after detonating, hit your ult to finish off them and any runners.

Again, thanks for the input. Any more contructive feedback or suggestions are more than welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulece View Post
I really like this champ. Even if they don't make this champ they HAVE to make that E. This champ gets my seal of approval!

If you could check out my champ suggestion, Vesuvus, The Void's Shadow and give your thoughts about him. If you find him worthy, could you give him your seal of approval?
Whoa. "Worthy?" "My seal of approval?" Kinda overhyping me aren'tcha? I's just a po' game-design hopeful posting my little ideas.>.>

But sure, I'll do that. And thanks so much for the kind responses. Funny thing was, the E and ultimate gave me mixed feelings originally. Glad to see people like them though (Personally, my favorite idea is my Nitro Wire attack; it would lead to some interesting control dancing, trying to keep them in range of the wire while staying out of their dangerous zone, and it'd definately take some finesse to pull off right).

Nabonidus

08-19-2010

Bump for more opinions.

Oskay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2010

I really like this champion, especially since I've been waiting for a melee/mage hybrid. Could you just explain the E a bit more? Is it invisible, what's its size, and how big is the detonation radius? Otherwise a great concept, not overpowered but still enjoyable.

HITM4N24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2010

I like this alot. Good work. Only thing is that I think the damage of the ult should be buffed quite a bit. I think it would be fair for it to do a considerable amount of damage considering the work and time it would take to get the stack to 3 on an enemy. Or possibly make it deal true damage?

Haterr

10-29-2010

i like

Whiteboard

10-29-2010

It's a good concept of a champion filling up another nisch (or however it might be spelled, someone do correct me if im wrong). However, have you thoughtfully gone thru this ideá to the least and the most parts which makes the champion who he is?

For example is Kassadin. Clearly the most popular build is going ability power, in disregard of what was the original thoughts of riot?

Just like in this case, you can plant "mines" for others to step on, and again a buff to further the damage. This remniscense alot about the infamous Techies from Dota. If the mines would be a (or even more so) valuable strategic, he would be abused for that one purpose. Think about it for a moment, 4 minute duration plus the possability of global detonation for the debuff. This scenario seems hazy as for now.

As some detailes are yet not out, and plain facts on paper for that matter none of this is actually proven unbalanced in any manners. Have you thought about cooldowns? Where does the possabilities end?

My only construktive part would be the reconsideration of the whole mine concept. Considering that you gain 5% bonus damage from spells means 15% with 3 stacks, (that is uncertain if removable via "Cleanse" or the event of Death) means the detonation process of the buffs would lead to more damage that are yet global (possibly). 450 * 1.15 = 517.5 damage in flat. Not calculating the bonus you can get from either "magic pen", "AP" or "Reduced Magic resistance". Does this seem comprehensive in perspective?

This would lead to mine fields since I noticed no limit to how many could be placed nor a duration for it. LoL currently have Teemo and Shaco capable of this already, and are the mines for that matter targetable? Can you counter it with oracles or wards? Perhaps "Destiny" from Twisted F.?
Or perhaps, a template of (with the sideffects) Nidalee's traps, leading to visable but uncountrable traps. Do we need yet another champion getting more or less random kills across the border?

I'd like to give you credz for creating a concept of champions with abilities none the like of LoL. I still remain with my previous statement, have you really gone to the fullest of all possible angles of this champion?

-Whiteboard, sincerely.

Grootslang

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulece View Post

link to vesuvius