Rumble mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mi ramfan

05-19-2012

I'm a huge fan of Rumble, and I main him as my solo top (when I actually get to play solo top). The problem is, I never get to play solo top, so I've been looking for another place to play him.

What do you guys think of the idea of playing Rumble mid? He seems like he'd play a lot more aggressively then Gragas, the other bulky melee mid. But on the other hand, he doesn't have a ranged farming ability like Gragas, which makes him a lot easier to counter.

Spider1357

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi ramfan View Post
I'm a huge fan of Rumble, and I main him as my solo top (when I actually get to play solo top). The problem is, I never get to play solo top, so I've been looking for another place to play him.

What do you guys think of the idea of playing Rumble mid? He seems like he'd play a lot more aggressively then Gragas, the other bulky melee mid. But on the other hand, he doesn't have a ranged farming ability like Gragas, which makes him a lot easier to counter.
It could work, I mean fizz can mid with no ranged farming abilities. He's not bulky and all he really has is burst.

mi ramfan

05-19-2012

Bump.

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

Gragas and Fizz and Even Kass work because(Some Melee mids).

One they can engage easily in combat. Rumble can't. Secondly they can disengage easily from combat.Thirdly they have an easy way to harass.

Those three factors are things that disallow rumble to be a good mid laner. His way to harass is very short ranged and easily noticeable.(Except those harpoons but those aren't too good in that role). His ability to disengage is a speed boost which while not TOO bad isn't a blink and he can take a lot of harass while he is traveling back. And third his way to engage is also very noticeable and most mids carry a stun to counteract that(Ahri, Annie, Brand, Niv,) or a powerful slow (Kog, Cass). While rumble can work against the likes of Talon mids and the like, he is not gonna be a prime mid laner.

I hope that cleared some confusion.

sycamore

05-19-2012

ive done it a few times in normal and it worked fine. i was still able to farm and poke his shield and speed boost help him out alot

CDIfan

05-19-2012

when rumble first came out people discovered he was a monster at top lane and nobody ever played him mid
a few nerfs to his q were made and his beloved will of the ancients got hit many times
and he got forgotten even though he is still a good pick

Celestiancat

03-17-2014

Rumble can only jungle and top, only play him mid if you want to get wrecked by a ranged champino who has SO much more range than you and you have no good gap closers.

Now because this post has too much truth in it for this forum, let the downvotes begin