Fiora UP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Link Zeppeloyd

05-18-2012

I think out of about 30 Fiora games I've maybe not carried hard to victory... 2 or 3 times?

NOTE: Normals, people yell at me in ranked.
2nd NOTE: My estimated normal elo (using a calculator I found) is 1420

I go top, 31 armor pen out of Runes/Masteries.

I usually core-build;

Wriggles
Merc Treads
Brutalizer
Blood Thirster

I start with a lvl in W and then R-Q>W>E with 1 point in E at lvl 4.

With all that armor pen my Q's chunk people for nasty nasty amounts. E's lvl 1 is 0-65% the lvls after that aren't that impressive IMO.
Anyone else have a hard time losing building this way?

FINAL NOTE: I know what Fiora's counters are.... pls pls don't post me 20 responses listing champ/strategies that counter Fiora. More interested in the feed back from people who have tried a similar build. (Mostly I don't care about counters because most people I run into don't counter even when they easily could)

JeanieYuss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2012

Fiora/Karma Duo Lane. Straight up counters the Support/Ranged AD meta. you should try it.

Beings you start with Wriggles, i would suggest getting I-edge before Thirster.

YoonFei

05-18-2012

Im not too sure if Jeanie read the actual post. Link, you wrote UP instead of OP (if I understood correctly)

ANguyen361

05-18-2012

i usually dont go wriggles i opt more for bloodrazor for late game but the other 3 are spot on to my core build. throw in IE, frozen mallet/omens and PD and ur set.

Link Zeppeloyd

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizsceZ View Post
Im not too sure if Jeanie read the actual post. Link, you wrote UP instead of OP (if I understood correctly)
Most of the posts I've read about Fiora claim that she is underpowered.

I don't find her so.

I understand that at higher ELO's she might be more easily handled. My post has more to do with the below 1800 players and how their experience with Fiora has been.

Link Zeppeloyd

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANguyen361 View Post
i usually dont go wriggles i opt more for bloodrazor for late game but the other 3 are spot on to my core build. throw in IE, frozen mallet/omens and PD and ur set.
I actually don't like IE on Fiora much. I find that in the majority of fights I don't auto attack more than 5 or 6 times. Its usually abilities that do the greater part of my damage.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

Oh, sure, against people who don't know what they're doing, I succeed as frikkin Tiamat Fiora.

That's like saying I win as AD Veigar against intermediate bots. Maybe just beginner bots.

Vankelvern

05-19-2012

I find her difficult to itemize, she seems like she should be going for a tri-force, but she can't because her sustain will go down the drain.

I think if you get a good game with her, shes kind of like Katarina, she snowballs quickly and wrecks the enemies in teamfights.... But you fall off quite hard if you don't do the above.

I've only played her for a handful of games but thats my 2 cents.

EffectFX

05-19-2012

While I wouldn't call her UP/OP she is counterable.

Any champ with an ability that cancel's fioras ult/mitigates a large amount of damage. And there's a few champs that can do this very easily.

Thornmail is a great item against fiora as well. Zhonya's also shut's down fiora's ult I believe

JustMyBassCannon

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effectxx View Post
While I wouldn't call her UP/OP she is counterable.
I would call her underpowered.
Passive: Supposed to be her sustain, but early game it's 8 HP over 6 seconds, up to 32 if you hit a champion 3-4 times. Late game it's 25-100. That's right, at max it only heals 100 HP for attacking 4 times. You know how much Lifesteal Fiora needs to have that same effect as her passive? Anywhere from 7-17% Lifesteal. Now, that may SOUND good, and it would be if it healed her immediately, but it's over 6 seconds after the auto attack.

Q: Literally the lowest base/scaling on a damaging gap closer in the League, and the fact that it can be used twice in its abysmally long cooldown is possibly the only upside.

W: Static AD Steroid, and the lowest of its kind, and an auto-attack shield that's vastly less useful against straight up DPS than specific champs like Nasus/Gangplank.

E: Sounds nice, 120% AS and +15% MS per attack landed in the 3 second duration of the AS buff...but find someone who's smart enough to use a slow on Fiora and, unless the slow's something weak like 20% or the person still stands there, Fiora's going to have to use both her jumps in order to land more than 1 auto attack.

R: Yes, heavy single target damage, amazing team fight damage when combined with Tiamat, blah blah blah. You know what? Her ulti tethers herself to a target, is still vulnerable to AoE damage and AoE CC, and because it applies on-hit effects she's vulnerable to things such as Warden's/Omen/Thornmail/Counter Strike...The list goes on, but those are the most prominent.

Most importantly, she's an AD carry who only deals physical damage. Her magic damage is unreliable and non-lethal, and any amount of Armor will mitigate all her damage rather heavily.