Death Lotus (Katarina)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

binch

08-18-2010

Quote:
Katarina goes into a state of extreme focus, throwing daggers with unrivaled speed at 1/2/3 enemy champion(s). Each dagger deals 50/65/80 plus the higher value between (0.3 AP) or (0.55 BONUS AD) in magic damage.
Death Lotus (R) currently forces the player to adopt an exclusive AP or AD build. When you consider the trade-offs of either build, it seems somewhat balanced. An AP build will likely include Rylai's Crystal Scepter, turning Bouncing Blade (Q) into a multi-target slow/counter-heal and giving Shunpo (E) some decent burst damage. An AD build will remove the damage from Shunpo, but turn Bouncing Blade into an incredible farming/poking ability that spreads damage very effectively.

The problem is that the AD build farms better, pushes lanes better, effects turrets and gives her combat presence between cooldowns. I feel that either her AP ratios should be increased or, preferably, her ult should benefit from both AD and AP (at lower ratios). This will improve her flexibility without increasing her damage output.

My thoughts. <3

... Bumped because I feel this is still an issue despite the recent buffs.

LTK Goggles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

I had a katarina tank and she was doing over 1500 damage, if anything, she needs a nerf.

sildan

08-18-2010

How are you dealing over 1500 as a tank?

No Cow Level

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogglesLTK View Post
I had a katarina tank and she was doing over 1500 damage, if anything, she needs a nerf.
If a Katarina TANK is doing 1500 damage, you are doing some very, very wrong. I suggest sneezing on her when she uses her ult.

To the OP: Katarina needs buffs on her ultimate. AP ratio should be increased slightly, and the number of players hit per rank needs to be increased by one. Killer Instincts should allow Kat to instantly use her ultimate, but at the cost of damage. This should make her useful in team fights.

tC Paulie

08-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GogglesLTK View Post
Stop lying tool.

Have any screenshots? Didn't think so.

...tool.

binch

10-21-2010

Bumping because this is still an issue and I don't feel like writing a new post.

SinDur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2010

Katarina needs a complete rework just based on her theme alone. She looks and is tagged with Assassin, but she's really a mage.

I mean really, why does her BB and ult deal magic damage? She's throwing daggers at you. What, did she graduate the Noxian Assassin academey and they were like: "Here take these daggers." Kat: What's so special about these? "Oh, they deal magic damage." Kat: -.-'

Nevermind the fact she's a liability unless fed, and she's not exactly the best carry in the world either. The recent buff to her a ult to allow 3 targets at all ranks is OK, but it didn't address the issue.

What I'd like to see is BB deal physical damage, and be allowed to scale with crit damage, like Garens spin. And her ult deal either physical OR magical damage based on wether your AD or your AP percentage bonus for the spell was higher. It would just make more sense for her to be more physical based imo.

In the least, give KI a spell shield if activated during Death Lotus.

elfyy

10-22-2010

I have seen many times over people suggesting an extra effect on Killer Instincts that affects her ulti, i think that would be fairly simple and a major step forward for her.
A spell shield is the first thing that comes to mind but it doesn't make sense to have a channeled ulti unable of being interrupted, maybe decrease the channel duration instead.

The only thing that makes Kat not a really viable pick is her ulti being SO easy to interrupt, the rest looks pretty solid to me.

Ashgan

10-22-2010

My problem with Kat is just like the OP sayd, it has exclusive bonus from AP or AD and yet she has 2 seperate abilities that each benefit from a different set which screams hybrid but nope Ulti kills that...

ReadInPeace

10-22-2010

Then don't build her hybrid.

She's not hybrid, nothing screams hybrid about her. Her skills scream: 'Go AD for more damage and better harass or AP for more survivability, utility and better single target nuking.'

Her ult is insane if it doesn't get shut down. It's a high-risk for high-reward ult, use it as such.