What to use for Irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ApathyWolf

05-18-2012

What is a good rune page for Irelia? I am assuming Armor pen marks, flat armor seals, magic resist glyphs (but flat or per level?) and I have no clue about what the quints should be. Advice on that would be great.

Now, as for items, I am at a loss. All I can think to use is frozen mallet and I think I am wrong about that.....

RickyDown

05-18-2012

I dont see the point in using Armor Pen runes on Irelia, when she already does true damage
I use Flat AD reds, Flat Armor yellow, and Flat MR blues with AD Quints.

Irelia's weak points are lvl 1-8, and since Flat focuses more on early you might wanna use that

I can see how Armor Pen can help you deal more damage on champions, so if you really wanna then go for AD reds, and Armor Pen Quints or vice versa

As for Items, Her core items are Wit's End, Merc. Treads/ Ninja Tabi, and Trinity Force

Once she has that, you can build her in any way you want, I do like Frozen Mallet...

Mercury Treads are for AP (obviously)
And Ninja Tabi if team has a lot of AD (also Obvious)
BUT if the enemy team has A lot of CC, and A lot of AD, I'd usually go for Mercury Treads

cpandarun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2012

I play some Irelia and I think she works with a lot of runes. For marks I like to have either all flat AD or a mix of AD and armor pen. Both work well while you'll see a little more damage mid-late game with Armor Pen but she needs the help early game. For Quints flat AD are great but Movespeed or defensive Armor/Health work. I'm going to try out Lifesteal Quints on her to see how that goes.

Masteries I run 9/21/0. I feel she really needs the defensive masteries for early laning.

I almost always start Boots 3 pots and if I'm having a hard time in lane counter with either Wit's End or Wriggles depending on the enemy being AP or AD. If I'm doing well Ill just start working on Trinity Force. Usually I throw in a Heart of Gold at some point because Randuin's is super good on Irelia imo. If my enemy is an auto attacker I like to get an early Vamp Scepter it basically makes you Irelia pre nerf. After I get Trinity Force I focus on finishing Randuins and then hopefully I can start working on a Bloodthirster.

Bloodthirster is something I never would of considered on Irelia but with it and Trinity Force your damage shoots through the roof. It gets really ridiculous and basically lets you solo 2-3 champs.

I'de say get Frozen Mallet if your team needs someone who's tankier who can help initiate fights. If not skip it and go right for Trinity Force. It's expensive but grabbing it later isn't a bad choice either.

Titan9900

05-19-2012

Her early game is her biggest weakness. So generally you want to build your runes flat vs per level.

attack damage reds or armour pens
flat armour
flat magic resistance

For quints it depends on your play style and masteries . If you like to play it safe you might want to go for some extra armour or magic resistance. My masteries are 0 / 21/ 9 . Defensive is fairly straight forward, for the utility tree I focus on move speed and mana .I use the quints 1 move speed and 2 attack damage. This allows me to play aggressive and the attack damage quints kinda works instead of putting 9 mastery points in offensive.Works good early game and gives really excellent move speed to hit that true damage.

ApathyWolf

05-19-2012

Sweet thanks for the advice ^_^

kirafa

05-19-2012

As stated above, Irelia's big weakness is her early game, so I, personally, would build her more defensive, just to be able to survive early game better. I would go either flat AD or Armor Pen. reds, flat armor yellows, flat magic resist blues, and flat AD/Armor Pen./Lifesteal Quintessences. With the reds, you will be able to last hit a lot easier, and it will also translate to mid-late game damage. The yellows will give you more survivability. The blues will also allow you to have more survivability in lane, and would transfer to mid-late game survivability, but I would only take it if you are 100% sure that the enemy solo top makes a lot of use of their abilities/scales off of AP well. An example of this would be Rumble. Even if they don't, you could take it for mid-late game survivability. However, if the enemy solo top is someone like Nasus or Warwick, then I would take more flat armor instead. As for the Quintessences, I would only take AD if you took Armor Pen. reds, and Armor Pen. if you took AD reds. However, if you feel like you wanna be extremely passive (which you probably should be) take Lifesteal Quintessences. They won't exactly make you life pre-nerf Irelia, but they'll get you pretty close. With 6% Lifesteal, and an extra 3% from the Vampirism mastery in the Offensive tree, you will have 9% lifesteal, which is nothing to laugh at at level 1.

Wow. I didn't know I had that much to say!