Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Far be it from me to question the otherwise airtight logic of LoL's mechanics...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

05-18-2012

But why is Darius being played up as the gruesome champion? Vayne fires bolts at people so huge, they stick to the wall. Garen hacks at people with a sword bigger than his entire sister. CHO'GATH EATS CHUNKS OUT OF PEOPLE. But suddenly Darius is the guy that draws blood. What, did I miss some footnote somewhere that said Akali actually only attacks by using the handles of her kamas as clubs? That Katarina throws her knives handle-first? Cho'gath forgets his dentures?

I lol'd, Riot. Not out loud, but mentally. Ahahahahaa, said my mind. And I agreed with it.

Myrkr Lokidottir

05-18-2012

Thanks for making me imagine Grandpa Cho'gath.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

05-18-2012

Quote:
Myrkr Lokidottir:
Thanks for making me imagine Grandpa Cho'gath.

**** it, Kog'maw, stop vomiting on my lawn! Why, back in my day, stomachs with mouths had respect...

VinTheRockDiesel

05-18-2012

Because that's his theme, his character. Kog'maw EXPLODES. It's nasty, but not tremendously gory because it doesn't need to be - he's still supposed to be cute. Darius's character is all about brutality and extreme, gory violence, so they play that up in his animations. Akali is a ninja dedicated to balance, so it would be pretty weird to have her dripping with blood and ripping out intestines. Realistically you might see it, but in a cartoon-style game with highly varied character design, it would be very out of place to make everyone that violent.

Kyrrion

05-18-2012

Quote:
Tsaalyo:
**** it, Kog'maw, stop vomiting on my lawn! Why, back in my day, stomachs with mouths had respect...

You young whippersnapper!

Revive Is OP

05-18-2012

Vlad is Vegetarian

Fenrir Slakt

05-18-2012

Quote:
Tsaalyo:

I lol'd, Riot. Not out loud, but mentally. Ahahahahaa, said my mind. And I agreed with it.

I don't give a ****, said my mind and I agreed with it. Gee, we have a lot in common.

Trenkquisher

05-18-2012

Far from being the literal stuff of nightmares, Nocturne actually daylights as the owner and operator the local Demacian Orphanage.

Revoluxionist

Recruiter

05-18-2012

Quote:
But why is Darius being played up as the gruesome champion? Vayne fires bolts at people so huge, they stick to the wall. Garen hacks at people with a sword bigger than his entire sister. CHO'GATH EATS CHUNKS OUT OF PEOPLE. But suddenly Darius is the guy that draws blood. What, did I miss some footnote somewhere that said Akali actually only attacks by using the handles of her kamas as clubs? That Katarina throws her knives handle-first? Cho'gath forgets his dentures?

Talon induces **** bleeding. Your move.

Duke Br0heimer

05-18-2012

Quote:
Tsaalyo:
Ahahahahaa, said my mind. And I agreed with it.

Upvoted for this part. That's just ****ing funny.