Darius is Intended to be Anti-Garen

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Princequus

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Passive:
Darius's Hemorrhage (Passive) vs Garen's Perseverance
Darius causing his target to bleed -> Garen can't hide in bush to heal when bleeding
-> Darius Wins

Spin to Win:
Darius's Decimate vs Garen's Judgment
Darius swings his axe in a wide circle -> Garen's circle looks much smaller
-> Darius Wins

CC:
Darius's Crippling Strike vs Garen's Decisive Strike
Darius's next attack reduce their movement and attack speeds -> negate Garen's decisive strike speed boost. (though Garen has silence)
-> Draw

Boost:
Darius's Apprehend vs Garen's Courage
Darius +armor penetration and pull target -> negate Garen's defense boost and pull him back
-> Darius Wins

Ultimate:
Darius's Noxian Guillotine vs Garen's Demarcian Justice
Darius deal leap attack and true damage vs Garen does damage proportionate over HP lost.
-> Draw (both guarantee kill at low HP)

Conclusion
-> Darius Wins

Did Renekton wet his pants yet? lol?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uber Bonisseur

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Hah.


It's like comparing fresh Apples and rotten Oranges.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LieutenantGoogle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-18-2012

so all garen has to do is wait in the bush to win?
If he pulls garen then it's a free Q and spin o.O


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ElijahWyatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-18-2012

you forget the part where garen's e negates slow, and how garen's skills scale with attack and scale base damage wise probably 2 times what darius will do. Garen is ment to beat every melee in the game 1v1, and he will never be outclassed in the regard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ireliateyou

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Garen isn't outdated enough. Time to release Darius.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloud Potato

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Man, I need to play Darius. He sounds so awesome!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Princequus

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahWyatt View Post
you forget the part where garen's e negates slow, and how garen's skills scale with attack and scale base damage wise probably 2 times what darius will do. Garen is ment to beat every melee in the game 1v1, and he will never be outclassed in the regard.
Unarguably Garen's E is a counter against Darius' Crippling Strike, but you can also say that once Garen's E is active Darius can simply run away, and with Darius' passive he can leave Garen bleed his HP. I can only compare the nature of like-skills to give an opinion of how Darius' skillset is designed to counter Garen.

And this design is quite intentional. Quite Premeditated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auricthunder

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princequus View Post
Passive:
Darius's Hemorrhage (Passive) vs Garen's Perseverance
Darius causing his target to bleed -> Garen can't hide in bush to heal when bleeding
-> Darius Wins
Yet Darius himself has no sustain. It's a small victory if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princequus View Post
Spin to Win:
Darius's Decimate vs Garen's Judgment
Darius swings his axe in a wide circle -> Garen's circle looks much smaller
-> Darius Wins
Yet Garen's has very high scaling.
-> Garen wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princequus View Post
CC:
Darius's Crippling Strike vs Garen's Decisive Strike
Darius's next attack reduce their movement and attack speeds -> negate Garen's decisive strike speed boost. (though Garen has silence)
-> Draw
True, but if Darius is playing against Garen, he pulls Garen in and Garen says "lol thank you" and proceeds to silence and spin.
-> Garen wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princequus View Post
Boost:
Darius's Apprehend vs Garen's Courage
Darius +armor penetration and pull target -> negate Garen's defense boost and pull him back
-> Darius Wins
Except Garen's active defensive boost is not negated by armor pen ---and reduces Darius's true damage.--- (oops, strike that. still, reduces all of Darius's damage except the Ult and that isn't reduced by the armor pen)
-> Garen wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princequus View Post
Ultimate:
Darius's Noxian Guillotine vs Garen's Demarcian Justice
Darius deal leap attack and true damage vs Garen does damage proportionate over HP lost.
-> Draw (both guarantee kill at low HP)
Darius does true damage, Garen does magic damage.
-> Darius wins

I agree that their kits are opposites, but I don't think it's as clear cut that Darius > Garen.

His bleed might counter Garen's passive, but Darius doesn't have any sustain himself. All Garen has to do is disengage and he'll be able to sustain back up. Not only that, Darius has mana costs, Garen doesn't. Garen definitely wins in lane.

Second, it is a terrible idea for Darius to Apprehend Garen. Garen will just silence him and unload 2.5 seconds of Judgement. Not only that, Garen's Courage > Apprehend. Garen's %reduction active is not negated by the passive armor debuff (though the passive debuff negates the passive armor buff, which is basically a tie).

I think we need to wait until we see base values to declare a winner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Tryhardosaurus

Senior Member

05-18-2012

I was thinking the same thing reading his skills lol. If these two were to clash, it would kind of be like ryu vs. ken. OMG! EPIC!!!

Garen has more chances to survive with his skills

while...

Darius has all these offensive skills to keep Garen from running

OMG OMG OMG


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Charles Barklius

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricthunder View Post

Except Garen's active defensive boost is not negated by armor pen and reduces Darius's true damage.
I dont even


12