Noxus - The misunderstood EVIL

12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-18-2012

Oh look, it's this thread again. Lol.

Noxus is not inherently evil. They use a lot of values that our first world nations use. But the problem is, their rules have allowed psychopaths to have the run of the place. Xypherous himself has made this point. A good leader of Noxus who implements good economic policies, peaceful relations with neighbors, and a viable direction for growth and development can legally be taken out of power by someone bigger and stronger, with no clue how to run anything and with only the desire for senseless, merciless war. And that's really what has happened. A just and fair aristocratic system was forced out by big, strong psychopaths, and what was once a questionable citystate has turned into a downright evil force.

Our own economic system is all about only the strong surviving, capitalism, free market economy and all that. But there are rules and laws in place to protect the 'weak', to give them a fair chance to become strong. There's no reason the Noxian policy has to be as one-sided as it is.

Nowhere in the Noxian code does it specifically say that pleading civilians are to be executed. Nowhere in the Noxian code does it specifically say to bombard the enemy with horrific biochemical weapons, and even turn them on your own soldiers upon defeat. Nowhere in the Noxian code does it say that an entire race of people is to be banned, and tortured if they are ever imprisoned. (Heil). Hell, nowhere in the Noxian code does it even say to wage war with anyone. Ancient Sparta was a very warlike citystate, but they never, ever engaged in a war of conquest with their neighbors. They governed their own citystate exactly how they wanted, and some of their practices were pretty **** brutal. But they respected the right of their neighbors to exist as THEY wanted to, and they routinely allied with them to defend against foreign armies.

Noxus has an understandable and respectable set of beliefs and ideologies. I'd likely be much happier living in Noxus than Demacia. But what is the end result of the two socioeconomic systems? Noxus has become a dangerous, violent, sadistic, warmongering citystate where demented psychopaths have the literal run of the place.

Demacia, meanwhile... they're kinda strict? I bet they don't serve alcohol before 5 pm. The horror!

Vex the Sage

05-18-2012

Warning: Bel incoming!!

Ask Talon

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaalyo View Post
Oh look, it's this thread again. Lol.

Noxus is not inherently evil. They use a lot of values that our first world nations use. But the problem is, their rules have allowed psychopaths to have the run of the place. Xypherous himself has made this point. A good leader of Noxus who implements good economic policies, peaceful relations with neighbors, and a viable direction for growth and development can legally be taken out of power by someone bigger and stronger, with no clue how to run anything and with only the desire for senseless, merciless war. And that's really what has happened. A just and fair aristocratic system was forced out by big, strong psychopaths, and what was once a questionable citystate has turned into a downright evil force.

Our own economic system is all about only the strong surviving, capitalism, free market economy and all that. But there are rules and laws in place to protect the 'weak', to give them a fair chance to become strong. There's no reason the Noxian policy has to be as one-sided as it is.

Nowhere in the Noxian code does it specifically say that pleading civilians are to be executed. Nowhere in the Noxian code does it specifically say to bombard the enemy with horrific biochemical weapons, and even turn them on your own soldiers upon defeat. Nowhere in the Noxian code does it say that an entire race of people is to be banned, and tortured if they are ever imprisoned. (Heil). Hell, nowhere in the Noxian code does it even say to wage war with anyone. Ancient Sparta was a very warlike citystate, but they never, ever engaged in a war of conquest with their neighbors. They governed their own citystate exactly how they wanted, and some of their practices were pretty **** brutal. But they respected the right of their neighbors to exist as THEY wanted to, and they routinely allied with them to defend against foreign armies.

Noxus has an understandable and respectable set of beliefs and ideologies. I'd likely be much happier living in Noxus than Demacia. But what is the end result of the two socioeconomic systems? Noxus has become a dangerous, violent, sadistic, warmongering citystate where demented psychopaths have the literal run of the place.

Demacia, meanwhile... they're kinda strict? I bet they don't serve alcohol before 5 pm. The horror!
You're attempting to sleep with Cassiopeia.

That's all I need to say.

StarkRavenMad

Recruiter

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post

I may hate how the rp threads have taken over the lore Discussion....

But I like you

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post

I succeeded. And it was sssssssssspectacular.

Just following Garen's playbook.

Ask Talon

05-18-2012

I wonder if Cass ever went after Talon before she turned....

Quote:
—though I can think of uses he might’ve served.
She thought about it apparently...

belthazor3457

05-18-2012

There is no good or evil.

There is only power.

Those who hold power define good and evil as standards that everyone else will learn as they grow from children into adulthood.

But ultimately, it is the power that defines good and evil. Good and evil are fabrications of those who hold power, and little more than that.

By that logic, if I were to run a nation, and I had a desire to see it succeed and secure its safety, my task is to do whatever will most efficiently bring that nation unmatchable power while securing it against corruption.

There are disagreements on what the best way to do this is. That, however, does not define one side as good and another as evil... though there are some people who would like to claim that disagreeing with them by default makes those who disagree evil.

History is written by the victors.

If I create a nation, and I mold it to my own ideology, and I create my own laws that others view as evil or unethical, and my nation has the most efficient system and most power by a longshot, enough to dwarf any and all competitors, then the only real definition of who is "good" will come from those who wish to model their nation after mine to learn from history. A person's opinion on something being "Evil" or "unethical" matter very little. He who has power choses what is good and what is evil.

Sometimes he who has power can create a concept of "good" to suppress those beneath. Sometimes those being suppressed will believe this and see themselves as "good" by accepting those suppressions. That, however, does not make them good. It simply makes them obedient, while seeing themselves as good.

That also does not re-organize history, altering the facts of what took place as if having time travel. Simply because someone has an edited history book does not mean that the book is accurate in all aspects. If someone lies to you about power, accepting that lie does not make you good, nor does it automatically put you on the right path.

Because ultimately, the only truth is power.

Shadow Master

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
There is no good or evil.

There is only power.
This is true.

However, I couldn't help but read that in the voice of Archbirshop Benedictus...

Zkaiser

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Exile View Post
It's a "cheap and disrespectful" tactic because it shows that you're too afraid to face your enemy in a fair fight. You don't have the will, or self-belief, to meet the enemy on the field of battle and let tactics, and strength of arm, decide the better.

"In Noxus, only the strong survive". How does crippling your enemy and acting in clear fear of their power prove your strength?
The problem here is, "What is a fair fight?" In my opinion, the term fair fight is a misnomer. There is no such thing as a fair fight and the closest thing to one is a fight in which one or both parties hold back out of fear or respect. Noxus doesn't hold back. If Ionia can't handle poison then that's their problem and it SHOULD be exploited by their enemies.

Ask Talon

05-18-2012

A little bit of poison never killed anyone.

But when Singed is involved there is no such thing as a "little bit of poison."

12345612 ... 15