Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Noxus - The misunderstood EVIL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daxisheart

05-24-2012

The fair fight thing makes me cringe as well. If both sides have a 50/50 chance of winning, then isn't the... battles/war fought and monitored by the league completely arbitrary? I mean, there's obviously the story of which has the better will and etc. to fight, but in terms of actual results, the LoL operates as either winner takes all (which admittedly would have less casualities, especially considering the kind of stuff that could happen such as Singed and WW), or as sword of damocles with a sidefunction as a arbitrary coinflipper for dominance.

On an unrelated note, it's funny talking about evil in a fantasy world where it could be said there are actual entities of actual evil - the Void, Void based creatures, and many Shadow Isles beings (debatable), can be said to be actual evil - Noxus's existence and so called 'evil' are in the name of something. The psychopathic and singleminded reason for existence of the Void beings sorta strike more as EVIL than pretty much every morally grey champion.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

05-24-2012

Lol, Swain has a fangirl, that's funny.

It's true that the League seems to support Noxus's ideals, but consider it like this. Noxus, a massive military force, decides to have war with a citystate a tenth its size and with no military. The winner is obvious. But now suppose that said citystate is a League member. Now, even though Noxus is easily the more powerful citystate, they have an equal chance of winning or losing against the only five guys in the whole other citystate that can qualify as warriors. That flies in the face of Noxian ideals.

Oh, about the Void... I'm not sure how 'evil' they are. I understand the Void as more of an overall magical influence, and its creatures, merely physical manifestations of a metaphysical power beyond our comprehension. They have no emotions or opinions. Just as a metal is attracted to a magnet, or water forming a sphere in a vacuum, or energy equals mass times the speed of light squared, the effects of the Void on our world are an unnatural, but yet natural, energy force. You mix the influence of that Void power with our world, Cho'gath happens. There's no evil purpose behind it. It's just what will always happen.

EpicLotus

05-24-2012

Indeed Tsaalyo.

Sometimes even something that drives with the sole purpose to destroy the world might not be seen as evil because of the purpose (or lack of it) behind these actions.

That doesn´t mean we shouldn´t fight against it! XD

belthazor3457

05-26-2012

Short response because I lost my document due to a crash and have felt unmotivated:

A) If one side is universally, quantifiably, evil then it should not be necessary to falsify information in order to call it evil. One should be able to call that side evil using existing evidence.

B) When someone uses object A to conclude object B, you should explain why and how A leads to B, not simply state B as if it were an undisputeable fact without explaining the reasoning leading to that point or citing some sort of evidence.

C) I do not hold the belief that a super-massive world war will result in permanent world peace if it were done today. Don't put words in my mouth. Nor do I want the currently powerful governments to become one worldwide unified whole, because I am already aware that they are incredibly corrupt and lack systems that remove corruption and keep the system clean.

D) I hold no loyalty to the morality of the current day and age because I am a skeptic. I do not place my faith in something without proof to back it up. If there is not enough proof (and there isn't) the rationalization that "those who disagree are evil" is fallicious.

E) I believe that the best way to keep the system clean is to use the system, or a system based off of, the cleanest of the bunch until a superior candidate is found. I have no obligation to humor someone's belief that our current one will work when I don't think it will, and I am not evil for making a prediction based off of centuries of historical evidence.

F) You have to consider what the goal of your civilization is. Do you want it to be able to outlast all the other currently existing civilizations? Do you wish to do that by establishing superior military might? Then you must tailor your civilization to meet its current challenges. I believe one more amoral will innovate more and there is ample evidence that this is the case, which is why I stated repeatedly that I do not accept overall deaths as the single universal benchmark. Many people responsible for securing their civilizations from downfall have taken the path of killing, and I am not obligated to throw my civilization and all it's potential onto an untested bandwagon just so someone else will think I'm a "good guy".

So. What civilization do you want to build?

That is the real question.

I Thunderclese I

05-26-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1941488

Just my little thought about it....

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

05-26-2012

Again? Come on, guy, I'm exhausted with this. Can't we just sticky this thread and be done with it? Bel and I expressed the opposing viewpoints, pretty much in entirety. Lol.

EpicLotus

05-27-2012

yeah i think we all reached an understanding.

If you use our "traditional" values as a benchmark, Demacia is clearly the "Kinder" state.

But we can´t assume our values are the only ones, who are we to dismiss as "evil" anyone who see´s the world differenty? So calling Noxus the "bad guys" isn´t correct also.

We´re all entitled to our own opinions, some people like vanilla ice cream, others chocolate, we don´t have the right to say "strawberries are the undisputable" best for sure! even if strawberry are, by far the best seller ice cream XD