Tankiest champs in the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

05-18-2012

Who do you think is the absolute beastliest and hardest champ to bring down in the game? I'm not talking about slippery champs like Wukong or anything like that, but champs who can just slug it out and absorb damage like crazy.

I would say that Alistair is obviously a strong contender, seeing as though 75% damage reduction on a tank who already has tons of health and resists is godly, not to mention his knock ups/backs.

Mundo is another one, IMO at least, just because he builds soo much health and he can regenerate it quickly as well, while still building extremely tanky and doing good damage.

The last suggestion I have from experience, and one dear to my heart, is Maokai. The combination of his ult, his knock-ups and his tanky build is just awesome. Add to that some decent attack speed buffs (either runes or an item or two), and you have him recharging 230 health per second pretty much every second in a later-game team fight. Nice!

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2012

I didnt realize Mao could regen so fast, but I see what you are saying. Thats a good suggestion and I agree with your choices.

I would add Morde from my earlier game experiences, because our top would always screw up and feed the heck out of him. So he would become unkillable really quickly.

Cho Gath is another good choice as a smart player will go with mostly armor/MR to combo with his 3k natural life with maxed stacks to make him truly difficult to dispose of. Plus Cho loves to take Guardian Angel making him a bit more tenacious.

rekkless

05-18-2012

0/21/9 skarner with attack speed/armor/mr runes

tri force/frozen heart/merc treads/fon/randuins/warmogs

between his shield coming back up so quickly to help deal with true damage, excellent resists, and triforce to deal with squishies rapidly this is a build i've found can survive a long time even with 3-4 people on you, especially earlier in game before the randuins/warmogs which you almost never get too people have trouble taking you down without max offensive builds

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2012

Volibear with his passive, similar to Mundo, can be a pain in the butt to bring down.

A lategame Nasus is also a force to be reckoned with. His innate life steal procing on his Q every 2 seconds offers him a very reliable source of health regen in teamfights.

Amoc

05-18-2012

I didn't really even consider Nasus or Skarner. A full-tank Nasus with a farmed Q is aweful to deal with. Skarner I have always found tough to kill if he's built tanky but it always seemed like you didn't have to worry about him much after he blew his ult.

Mambazo

05-18-2012

Alistar during his ultimate can probably soak the most damage. Leona is also extremely tanky with her Eclipse active. Rammus with Defensive Ball Curl active is also insanely durable.

Aemon Darkstar

05-18-2012

Assuming reasonably skilled players: Jarvan, Maokai, Rammus, Nasus, Volibear, Mundo, Shen, Alistar, Amumu, Warwick, Udyr.

TehJackAttack

05-18-2012

Mundo!!!! He never dies. My favorite mundo build is double warmogs, SV, FoN, Atmas, and either merc treads or ninja tabi.

With 4500+ hp, atmas and masochism provide GREAT ad boosting, making you still quite dangerous while being nearly unkillable. Plus those cleavers do great damage all game...

Testicle Ketchup

05-18-2012

Tanky-built Hecarim, DURING a teamfight. I've had anywhere between 3 - 5 people hitting me, but with 3k health, 200 armor, 180 magic resist, and my W up, my health never moved.

VoidBro

05-18-2012

I'd probably say Nasus. You don't even need to build a single offensive item on him (maybe Sheen).
Also his W makes him very difficult to kill if u tag their dps.