Please stop jungling.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lockpooh

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cxO View Post
Not that it matters, but iirc this is the reason you have AP mid instead of AD (like the old days). AP bursts better early/mid and mid lane is closer to top/bot for easy ganks.
Agreed, but the curious part is why when bot lane tanks (because they suck), they only blame the jungler when mid is equally responsible (arguably, you are responsible for your own lane) as the jungler.

Starsourced

05-18-2012

Ok, i see people saying this stuff alot, "This Jungler sucks, HE is the complete reason for our loss"
In reality, the people raging are pushing thier lanes, feeding for being to aggresive, or just simplay blaming the jungler cuz there friend(s) are the ones that are actually doing horrible.
I play the jungle position alot myself and pretty much every1 blames me for losing cuz i dont have kills.
When actually, on a gank you have 2 objectives, either get the kill or blow a flash/ghost
just because the jungler doesnt have kills, they could be setting them up without you even noticing
Youre jungler could also be counter jungling and slowing down the enemy jungler, which is pretty much the same thing as helping lanes for he is making sure that the jungler will have trouble being able to gank his team.

So, next time think before you go raging about junglers on the forums

MigraƱaboy

05-18-2012

Moscow5 double jungling. Actally owning 3 lanes. Shat brax.

Moogra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2012

No one bothered to check he was level 23... and the other guy who agreed with him only plays bot games which discredits his opinion since 2 very aggro top vs 1 solotop that isn't supposed to solo is a bad idea. Then again I've played games in 1100-1200 where the jungler clearly didn't know what he was doing. That is rare though.

OpTic PanCaKeS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-22-2012

There are a lot of bad junglers, but not nearly the percentage you listed. Its rare that i get a jungler that plays as well as i do on the jungle (humility is overrated). Id say i get a bearable jungler 50% of the time.

SacredWinds

05-22-2012

OMG I DIED BECAUSE I OVER EXTENDED MID LANE AND I DIDNT HAVE ANY WARDS

BAD JuNGLER AHAHAHA BADDDIEEEEE JUNGLER AHUEUEHEUEUEHUEHE MORDE ES NUMERO UNO.......... yeah get my point. blame everything on the jungler.

Reposition

05-22-2012

A jungler's potential revolves around his team. If his team sucks, no matter how good the jungler is, the jungler will die. You can say a jungler is a snowball position. If your jungler starts to dominate, the game dominates. If your junglers starts failing, then your team normally fails. Thats why its normally always blame the jungler. However, many people dont realize, that 90% of the time, its actually the entire team bringing the jungler's downfall. As a team, you want to allow your jungler the maximum potential he/she can get. This is not pushing your lane, not BMing, and to actually help your jungler. Too many times I've played jungle and when I get invaded as a weak jungler (Warwick, amumu, cho'gath, shyvana early game) from a strong early jungler (Nocturne, Lee Sin, etc.), my teammates dont even bother helping. I mean easy maybe even kill, and instead, they sit back in farm. WHY?!!? A jungler needs a team built around him, he doesnt build around the team.

Berthkgar

05-22-2012

For the past year that I've played this game, I have preferred to jungle. I've done it in the old jungle as amumu at Summoner Level 9 and thus my friends got to learn solo top at a low level as well. Now, I do agree, bad junglers can lose the game, but a good jungler can't win the game alone. If the people playing the lanes suck, the jungler can't really help. What I hate is when the jungler tries to tell me how to play my lane after auto-locking... then not staying in lane for a little bit so I can recover and go back to buy so that I won't need him ganking constantly.

Blaine Tog

05-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchideeFalco View Post
1)If you lose your lane horribly, the jungler is NOT supposed to come to your lane and babysit you because you got outplayed in lane. Why does the jungler have to suffer and help you out because you are the one being bad and losing on your own? Chances are that the enemy is levels higher than the jungler and more farmed (due to lane creeps giving better experience and gold, as well as getting kills off of the enemy champion) What is the jungler supposed to do? Run in and give a double? Please have some common sense.
A good gank CAN save a failing lane, though, especially top (which is the most snowbally). If someone's losing their lane, the jungler needs to make a judgement: could they get back on their feet with a little help or is that lane just a lost cause? If the former, it is absolutely the jungler's job to help out. If the latter, he needs to just focus on the other lanes.

Quote:
2) A jungler can't gank if you push your lane or river/tri brush is warded. The jungler is just going to waste his time and get under leveld once again. If you really need help that much, make sure that the enemy HAS a ward and pink ward it so the jungler can help you out. If you don't do that while the enemy has warded, don't expect him to help you out.
This. I hate when my laners push their lanes and then whine that I don't give them ganks.

Quote:
3) There are different types of junglers. Some that can gank noticeably great when they hit lvl 6, some that can't gank at all, and some that are SUPPOSED to farm the jungle since they can't really do anything else. I have seen people yell at me for dieing 3 minutes into the game and saying "NOOB MALPHITE NEVER GANKS MY LANE" When I just hit lvl 4 in the jungle. Then there are junglers like Shyvana or Mundo, that have pretty bad ganking potential BUT they clear their jungler really fast. Those type of junglers either invade the enemy jungle, or AFK farm theirs all day long. What else do you want them to do when they have barely any CC or any reliable CC?
Even junglers with minimal CC can force flash. No jungler should only ever farm the jungle, but each is going to be better suited to different levels of ganking aggression.

Quote:
4)A jungler has to keep track of his jungle. Especially early on in the game because the enemy jungler will know when your buffs will spawn. You can't expect him to hold your lane for you like a slave while you have to go back to base to buy that oh so precious Doran's Ring because you mash your spells way too hard and can't sustain your mana with the innate mana regen per 5 or runes/masteries.
It's best not to expect anything of your jungler, to be honest. In solo queue, the jungler may just suck, but you have to realize they have to worry about the whole map, not just your lane.

That said, nothing frustrates me more than a jungler taking his wraiths while mid is being attacked for free.

Quote:
5) If a jungler gets invaded alot, he is going to be underleveld thus making it unable for him to gank a lane and help you out. This is why he has to farm a lane sometimes or stay in his jungle to catch up on levels. Would you rather have him try to gank your lane, fail horribly, and fall back even more? Or would you want him to catch up in farm and level so he can actually contribute to skirmishes in mid game? Also in 80% of cases, YOU are supposed to help out your jungler if he gets invaded. It ALWAYS ends up in a 2v1 for a slight amount of time due to you being closer to your jungle than the enemy is. You should especially keep an eye on that if you have a jungler that is prone to counterjungling (Amumu, Sejuani etc.)
True story. If your jungler gets set back, you're not getting ganks for a long time and that's just the way it is. If Amumu loses his first blue, he's going to kinda suck for the entirety of laning. It's not necessarily his fault, so don't yell at him for it.

KnightxSScarlett

05-23-2012

Actual Conversation in game

Mid: Why you no gank?
Me: Because you're always pushed
Mid: I push because I get no ganks!
Me: ...

Guys, if you want ganks, you HAVE to let your lane be pushed. Junglers gank pushed lanes, not pushing lanes. If you're next to their turret, where is the jungler gonna come in?* If you push because you're not getting ganks, you're delaying ganks even further because THE JUNGLER ISN'T GOING TO COME IF YOU'RE PUSHED. I don't get why people don't get this.

*Exception - Tower dive from behind turret, done it many times