Please stop jungling.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queen Sejuani

Member

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusCeleritas View Post
All these so-called junglers claiming to explain what jungling is, but you are in the minority. For every 1 of you good junglers who KNOW what a jungle's role is...there are 99 newbs (most who dont even read the forums or know what forums are) who think jungling is sticking to killing jungle minions for the fun of it from start to end game.


My whole post went right over your head, didn't it?


All I see from this thread is QQ. When the OP himself doesn't understand the concept of jungling.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

├čowser

Senior Member

05-18-2012

If your jungler is not ganking for you there is a reason. I am 100% certain the jungler wants to gank for you. Im sure that the map is getting scanned often for ganks.
Dont push your lane to the tower. Let the jungler know about river/bush wards the emeny has down so he/she can come from a diff route. Dont ask for ganks if youre oom, at 10% hp. If youre getting pwnd in lane you shouldnt expect as frequent ganks...youve already lost your lane/fed your opponent. Odds are a gank or 2 at this point isnt going to tip any scales, but instead possibly feed the opponent further.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AJStarhiker

Senior Member

05-18-2012

First, I am anything but and experienced jungler. If I have teammates who want me to take that role, I make it clear in champion select it's not one I'm comfortable playing and I'm probably not going to do well. Sometimes, they'll back off and someone else will take Jungle or we play 2-1-2, sometimes they'll insist I take jungle and, while I'm happy for the practice, I figure they gave up any right to complain. If they do, I remind them I'd said from the start I'm not that good at it.

And before anyone says anything, I rarely play ranked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyr Ahn Nee

Senior Member

05-18-2012

I sympathize with the OP. Good Luck criticizing the Almighty, Ever-Wonderful Junglers.

I totally agree. 99% of the people that Jungle don't do it because they understand the role and want to fill it, they do it because its easy-mode. Spend the first few levels unopposed, don't have to worry about an Enemy champ waiting to pounce on them the first time they blink, killing the easy jungle monsters till they are up in levels and then go to BOT, they always go to BOT where there are already 2 champs, where they kill-steal with two champs backing them up.

Also, I would like to point out that it wasn't the OP that didn't understand OrchideeFalco's post, it was/is OrchideeFalco that doesn't understand what the OP is trying to say. The OP was saying that 99% of the junglers don't know what they are doing, which has nothing to do with the obstacles that the Junglers supposedly face.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crustededge

Member

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusCeleritas View Post
Look at it from a jungler's perspective? ROFLMAO!

I play as jungle half of the time and dont act like the 97 / 100 players do. Unlike them, I successfully jungle/lane/gank/own as jungle.

I don't have to see through a jungler's perspective to suddenly realize "Oh those 97 junglers dont suck, they just have it hard and lack a good team!" No. It's entirely them, because they suck.

I dont think you guys understand... most "junglers" dont even know what jungle's role is.
who do you jungle as? Depending on the char that is in the jungle makes a big difference as to what he needs to set up a gankable situation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skagwatcher

Senior Member

05-18-2012

In chat i always try to call AD carry. Of course, i'm almost (almost) always last pick so some people don't respect my request. If I call a role that means that I am more experienced in that role and playing anything else will not be as good for anyone really(maybe the enemy team). There is always the chance that these people don't play jungle and were forced into the role. You could always play jungler yourself if you have no confidence and are as good as you say you are. Would be more beneficial.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lockpooh

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusCeleritas View Post
Out of every 100 games I play with a jungler on my team, there are about 3 competant junglers. The other 97 are either incompetant, dont even know what the role of the jungler is
You are level 23. No one at your level knows what they are doing. Do you think this should not apply to the jungler? I can appreciate your view, when I first started playing LoL and had no idea wtf was going on I used to think "jungler = loss". I had no idea why people jungled and I'd get annoyed when someone jungled. That was me being new and having no idea what last hit is, lane freezing, why someone would spend 75g on a ward or the point of oracles. I was bad. The jungler was bad. That is what happens at 23.

Also remember, at <29 you are not working with a full set of runes or masteries. And unless they talked with someone more experienced or did some research, what masters / runes they do have are likely to be inefficient for their role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusCeleritas View Post
I'd honestly say about 1 in every 100 games with a jungler, the jungler actually helps all around the map, uses wards properly, protects lanes, assists for ganks, and stays in the jungle only when necessary.
Junglers are not omnipotent. I've jungler for games where every lane is losing horribly and they all wants ganks, if you rotate between the lanes and help them win you fall behind levels and end game they get mad because your items suck. If you help 1 or 2 lanes and control your jungle, the 3rd lane still reports you. This is what happens in games with inexperienced players. The only thing I can tell junglers, get better and ignore these posts. Once your out of hell things will get better, maybe not easier but better anyway.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3cxO

Member

05-18-2012

Somewhere along the lines of time, jungling was perceived as a ganking mechanic to win your lane for you.

Sorry, that is not the jungler's job. The jungler exists to give you a second solo lane.

Most of the guys who complain about this are the guys who lose their lane and blame the jungler for not ganking/covering/dragon/buying/selling/trading/reducing the deficit and of course, my personal favorite, for making it rain.

HOW DARE THEM. I SAID HOW DARE THEM, SIR.

EDIT:


Quote:
Originally Posted by lockpooh View Post
Junglers are not omnipotent. I've jungler for games where every lane is losing horribly and they all wants ganks, if you rotate between the lanes and help them win you fall behind levels and end game they get mad because your items suck. If you help 1 or 2 lanes and control your jungle, the 3rd lane still reports you. This is what happens in games with inexperienced players. The only thing I can tell junglers, get better and ignore these posts. Once your out of hell things will get better, maybe not easier but better anyway.
Dude, I get reported every other game while leveling an account in EuW. Usually bot facechecks, feeds first blood in the first creep wave. Then top 1v1 is somehow losing and their jungler apparently ganked him three times even though their jungler never connected.
In the end, 4 man premade reports me. This happens at least once every 2 games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lockpooh

Senior Member

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cxO View Post

Dude, I get reported every other game while leveling an account in EuW. Usually bot facechecks, feeds first blood in the first creep wave. Then top 1v1 is somehow losing and their jungler apparently ganked him three times even though their jungler never connected.
In the end, 4 man premade reports me. This happens at least once every 2 games.
I hear ya, I was playing as Jungle Shyv and had about 9 kills to 1 death and some assists. I was counter jungling hard and it was definitely one of my better games, the Hecarim jungler rage quit because I was warding like crazy so he was getting caught out like mad and he didn't have any buffs. Our top Mundo was feeding their GP like it'd somehow win the game for us. Anyway, Mundo got caught out near baron and his queue partner (mid annie) went in against Fiora, GP & Kassadin (w/ shen about to ult in from bot). They were getting their asses handed to them and as they were way too low I backed instead of going in. They wanted me reported because I wasn't anywhere near and by the time I got there, yes GP was at 3 bars but mundo and annie were at 1 bar.

Anyway, they reported me and raged at me all game for deciding not to go in.

Side note: I find it curious all the attention junglers get. When I play mid, I love pushing and ganking top or bot. It's a free kill if I can't get a good combo off on my opponent mid. Mid is just as responsible (depending on champ) for top or bottom as jungler imo. At least that is how I play mid and it works wonders.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3cxO

Member

05-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockpooh View Post
Side note: I find it curious all the attention junglers get. When I play mid, I love pushing and ganking top or bot. It's a free kill if I can't get a good combo off on my opponent mid. Mid is just as responsible (depending on champ) for top or bottom as jungler imo. At least that is how I play mid and it works wonders.
Not that it matters, but iirc this is the reason you have AP mid instead of AD (like the old days). AP bursts better early/mid and mid lane is closer to top/bot for easy ganks.