[Champion Concept] Jynx: The Arcane Trickster

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silentparanoia

Senior Member

05-17-2012

Concept: A character with unique forms of CC and disruptive abilites. Fares well 1v1 and is an invaluable assest during team fights capable of shutting down heavy carries.

Misfortune: (Innate) You eminate an aura of bad luck that effects enemies. Enemy champions within your aura (475 AoE) have the effectiveness of their items reduced by 15/20/25%.

Muddle: (Passive) Enemy champions in your Misfortune aura have the base cooldown of their abilities increased by 2/4/6/8/10%
(Active) You mark the target enemy champion for 5 seconds. If the target casts an ability within that time, the mark is consumed and they are damaged for 65/85/105/125/145 (+0.45 per ability power) magic damage and silenced for 1.5 seconds.

Hex Sphere: (Active) You create a bubble of warped reality (350 AoE) that lasts 5 seconds. Enemies who enter the bubble are slowed by 20% and take 75/115/155/195/235 (+0.8 per ability power) magic damage over the duration. Additionally, while in the bubble, they have their armor and magic resist by 2/4/6/8/10% per second.

Reflections: (Active) You teleport to a target location (300 range) and create 1/2/3/4/5 mirror copies of yourself that last 5 seconds. The copies have 35% of your armor, magic resist and max health. You gain 5% bonus armor and magic resist per active copy. Additionally, the copies move along with you and attack your targets dealing 10/20/30/40/50 (+ 0.2 per bonus AP) magic damage each.

Star of Ill Omen: (Active) You curse a target enemy champion for 3/4.5/6 seconds. For that time, the target is "purged" of any passives he recieves from items, abilities, and buffs including those granted by his allies. Additionally, the target recieves 10/15/20% bonus damage from all sources while marked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silentparanoia

Senior Member

05-19-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TurnCross

Senior Member

05-19-2012

Rediculously op, needs major tweaks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silentparanoia

Senior Member

05-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnCross View Post
Rediculously op, needs major tweaks
Thanks for taking the time to comment.

If you care to elaborate, which of his abilities are "op" and why? What can I do to help with this problem?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silentparanoia

Senior Member

05-21-2012

well so much for that. bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silentparanoia

Senior Member

05-24-2012

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingLordFluffy

Member

05-25-2012

There's too much to say about how over powered this character is.

At a max level, making people miss 20% of their auto attacks, for AD ranged carries that's just stupid.

Then add in the multiple copies, if you have 2,000 health, with 5 copies of yourself that means your enemy has a 20% chance of finding you and only an 80% chance of hitting you, and a 0% chance of knowing which one IS you, this concept is over all over powered and you really need to think about it more.

Also, to increase the cool down of skills while making the auto attacks miss is plain unthinkable.
So you're basically, oh hey, now you can't use your skills, your basic attacks won't work on me, oh here let's throw some copies of myself out there and why not! Let's silence you as well!

Sorry to be pure negative critique but this entire concept needs work.

Remove the chance to miss and come up with something else, the increased CDR I can see not being a problem, but that mixed in with the miss is pure over powered.

Add in your 'bubble' your target would have 100 less magic resist and physical resist, with the inability to hit you...how much time did you put into this concept?

Not to mention the shield from the reflections, if you're trying to do a 1v1 or even a 3v1 with 5 copies, with 2,000 health, that's 10,000 damage that they'd have to go through to find you, now say that it's all basic attacks, dealing 300 damage each...

10,000 / 300 = 34 basic attacks, with 20% more attacks because of the "chance to miss"

So, they'd need to land 41 basic attacks to finally find and kill you.
And in the mean time you have 50% extra magic resist and physical defense? With 100 of each that's 150 magic resist and physical defense with the chance to miss, with the CDR increase WITH the copies...
Then when each one is destroyed you gain a shield that blocks 2,000 damage? You're joking right? No-one in the entire game has a shield that strong.
Unless you mean of the one who killed them, then you're looking at a shield of 2.5k+ from each...
Lets say a tank destroyed them, you gain a shield that blocks 3,500 damage...and then when they kill another you gain an ADDITIONAL shield? So you'd have a shield of 7,000 damage?

Rework this entire thing, or better yet, scrap it and start fresh.


You wanted to know what was OP, there's what's OP, everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silentparanoia

Senior Member

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLordFluffy View Post
You wanted to know what was OP, there's what's OP, everything.
Thanks for all the feedback. It was very insightful. I don't mind that it was all negative because, let's face it, you'll never learn unless you try. I'll start reworking right away.

I kind of like the idea of having the miss chance as his passive, could/should I lower the percentages? I also had an idea to have enemy items in his aura have their effectiveness reduced by a percentage. Would that be a bit better?

As for the shields from the copies, how about if I lose it and leave the defensive bonuses at reduced percentages?

What about the bubble? Should the armor and magic resist base reduction be lowered?

What about the ult? Is there anything wrong with that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingLordFluffy

Member

05-25-2012

I understand that you don't learn unless you try, but you never get better if things are sugar coated, I wanted to tell you the truth and every bit of it.

If you did the chance of missing I honestly think 20% is way too much, you'd want it to cap at 10%, if you do a leveling passive,
6/11/15
Chance to miss being 3% -> 6% -> 9%

Being 1/10 chance of missing is enough to keep you alive in a team fight and a 1v1 and it wouldn't be massively over powered.
If you did reduced effectiveness for item effects I think that wouldn't be that bad in all honesty, like even up to 25% reduced effectiveness wouldn't be super over powered, you could somewhat push higher then that as well because aura's and passive effects aren't that common because direct bonuses from items wouldn't be able to be affected.

I honestly think that that would be a lot better for the copies, the shield itself was just massively over powered, due to the passives I think that would be enough to annoy. 50% increased defense and magic resist would be perfectly sustainable.

Your bubble, I think if you reduce it by a percentage instead of a base amount, you could keep the amounts what they are, but if you made it a percentage, on a champ with 100 Defense, like an AD or AP carry, it's only drop by 25 where-as on a tank it'd drop by 75.
Which I think sound pretty reasonable.

I honestly think your ult is pretty reasonable, it'd be one of a kind as the only thing removing passive's from items, don't know if it would be feasible in league because of so many items having passives, if you came up with something like, slowed by ##% with increased damage dealt to it or something like that. It's a touch and go, since it's an ultimate that doesn't deal damage itself it's more of an Ultimate that perfects a team fight.


Just a note, this character doesn't have a primary damage skill, so it'd be all basic attacks for it, but it's abilities would rely on ability power, have you thought about changing it to % of AD for skills instead?
Otherwise I see this champion being able to do nothing in a 1v1 mid to late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silentparanoia

Senior Member

05-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLordFluffy View Post
I understand that you don't learn unless you try, but you never get better if things are sugar coated, I wanted to tell you the truth and every bit of it.
Couldn't agree with you more. That's my personal opinion on most aspects of life. And it's different in game. You don't get anywhere with sugarcoated ear candy. Blunt honesty all the way. It's refreshing to know that others share my views on the subject. Thanks.

No, I hadn't considered making him AD. I don't think it would really fit with my lore for him, but perhaps a hybrid like Ez or Jax?

I see what you mean about not having a primary damaging ability.

How about since I removed the shield bonus from reflections, I can have each clone auto attack when i do, dealing a set small yet scaling number plus bonuses? That way the concept would give summoners more of an incentive to have AD items.


12