[Open RP] Rune War VI

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowsark614

05-18-2012

Streets of Zaun

Hugh was just finishing up his stroll when he saw a humming cube move throught the sky.

Hugh rubbed his eyes and said "Well thats new." He looked down at his watch.

"Well I got time" he sighed as he slowley walked in the cube's direction.

((cube does not need to notice me. its just something new that i would like my character to meet new characters. Really its up to you if cube notices))

Fenix12345

05-18-2012

((Intro post up, page 3))

Hall of Records, Institute of War

The Hall of Records was still for the most part intact, much to Fenix's relief. Shelves lined the walls, littered with old and dusty books and files. Every organisation had a place to keep their documents, he had caught a glympse of a section like this at his own academy, and worked in the libraries themselves. But people had been here before him, in the Institute's initial fall. During the chaos and destruction, several factions would have gone through these files and taken information. He raised a hand and tried to withdraw one of the books on the shelves, it crumbled to dust in his hands. It had not been long since the Institute's fall, but all the magic in the air could not be good for the environment. Many things here would be extremely delicate, he would have to be careful.

He walked past the meaningless file cabinets towards a section further back, he had always wanted to examine this place, since he learned the role of the Institute, and just how much sway it had held over Runeterra. All of the deepest, darkest secrets of Valoran potentially lied within these walls. But he was not here for that, nor did he have the time.

A label caught his eye and he hurried to get a better glympse, Champions, 001-025. He pulled one of the files out, gently this time, and glanced over the contents. Yes, this is what he was after, dossiers on the champions the League of Legends employed. There were files missing, but he collected what he could. Touching a palm to the top of a dossier, he concentrated, the files dissapearing as he activated Archive Mind. He stored only a few of the dossiers, many of them were gone or irrepairable, or contained information on people who weren't priority targets.

He was in the proccess of leaving when he spotted another shelf, significantly smaller and less packed than the rest. Resigned Staff, he blinked. Most summoners had died or fled when the war began, but he had not concidered mages who had left before the destruction. It was possible that one or several of the retired or rogue mages were alive, he quickly snatched up some of the files. He reached the first shelf and struggled a moment before tipping it over, dumping books and scriptures onto the floor as the shelves toppled. "Burn gently, and forgive me." He lit a match and placed it in one of the piles, exiting before the fire began to eat through the paper and timber of the room.
((Whether or not I have information about certain people is entirely up to them, I won't push))

Fenix quickly moved back into the main complex, passing windows that shattered then reformed in loops and piles of rubble that floated from corridor to corridor. He was finding the air harder to breath, it was time to go. As soon as he reached an open piece of courtyard he took off, his pale white wings lifting him above the shattered remnants of the Institute of War. He flew a three circles around the grounds, making sure there was no-one watching him, before flying North.

Fenix enjoyed the rush of clean, crisp air in his lungs as he flew to a higher altitude. He tried to stay in amongst groups of clouds when he could, flying high out of sight as he travelled over the top of several skirmishes. Demacia and Noxus had always hated eachother, and with no-one to hold their leash, and the greatest military figures of both city-states slain, there was little that could be done to prevent ongoing war between them. He watched the small battles silently and continued on, wings pushing him onward. He needed a place to sit down and get his head around the current situation, and have a proper look at those dossiers. Piltover was one of the most secure cities nowadays, he might try there.

Vex the Sage

05-18-2012

Outside of Zaun

Vex, leaning on his staff, slowly walked towards Zaun. He had found his path obstructed by several armies from both Noxus and Demacia. Going around, he was eventually driven towards Zaun. Just as he was about to enter the city though, he saw a cube flying overhead. "I wonder what that could be."

Once inside the city, Vex felt a presence, or rather several linked presences nearby. Never had he felt something like it before. Vex decided to approach the unknown consciousness. There, huddled in a corner he saw a figure, cold, lonely. Vex sat down next to the person, and waited.

Necromonger

05-19-2012

((Seems like my city is quite popular. ))

(( http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/709 ))

(( I finally get to introduce cassandra's kids... adopted kids anyway.))

Zaun

Zaun, one of Valoran's richest and most populated cities, suffered a great problem in addition to the war that loomed beyond its borders. The once heavily populated middle and lower cities were now barren and abadoned, and the gleaming, decadent Spires of the upper city were silent. The wealthy, the laborers, and the impoverished, all could only despair as gang wars and brutal corporate crackdowns paralyzed the city.

The heavy class divide, between rich and poor, had all but crippled Zaun's economy. Under such an oppressive weight internal strife prevailed, and it seemed societal collapse was imminent. Radical groups and anarchists attempt to ignite violence to finally topple the city once and for all in blood and fire- Only the city's most powerful wealthy elites and its oldest gangs kept some semblance of normalcy.

As always, it is the impoverished most stricken. Legions of unemployed huddled in the streets, taking cover within derelict structures from the acid rain that was forming overhead. Barrel-bonfires and the homeless littered the streets, while the diseased and the mutants were herded into the most violent ghettos. The entire city was a social powder keg, waiting to explode... if not, it would crumble under its own weight.

As Cube flew past a seemingly abandoned apartment building, a young hooded figure took aim with her crossbow and fired. The heavy spherical projectile exploded into a net with three spike anchors, and trapped him against the wall. A red cloaked and hooded figure expertly climbed the edifice of the building Cube was trapped on. Using windows, archways, buttresses and a flagpole,and finally balancing on the structure's gothic crenelations, the red-hooded figure in black leather suit and gloves inspected cube, half her face covered with her brunette hair.

"What do we have here?" Claudia said, removing the net around Cube once she had a good grip. On her back was a Glaive with a shaft of adamantine, and an ebony-black blade head.

Vex the Sage

05-19-2012

((Shame no champions are in this thread))

shadowsark614

05-19-2012

Zaun

Hugh was just catching his breath when he noticed something. the cube stopped in a apartment building.

"Now what?" he breathed as he started to enter the building

Jaykoboy

05-19-2012

The Streets of Zaun - Cube

Cube struggled against the net, unable to break free. When Claudia grabbed him, he stopped struggling, but would still vibrate in her hand.

Let me go! I have an important message for the friends of a summoner! And trust me, if you hurt me, you won't like an angry summoner! Especially now, without the League around to res...ah, who am I kidding. You'd probably tear out his throat.

He glowed green, shimmering in the night. Well, if you're going to capture me, at least make yourself useful and point me in the direction of Necromonger; I heard he was in Zaun.

Necromonger

05-19-2012

Apartment Block - Undercity of Zaun

Claudia shook her head. "...Hmmm. Nope, haven't heard of that summoner, or any summoner by name anyway. Maybe Cassandra would know. She's dealt with plenty of people. Too bad she's missing." She went quiet for a moment, conversing with a small cube. She decides to put Cube in a pouch, and acrobatically bring herself down, jumping off the wall and rolling onto a rooftop to break her fall. Hands, shoulder, then feet- the force of the fall dispersed, not that it bothered the former lycan's altered body much.

"...Hmmm. What am I going to do with you. Did you happen to belong to someone?" She pondered, the logical questions first. She walked towards the roof access of this particular apartment, the same where the marskman fired from.

Jaykoboy

05-19-2012

Apartment Block - Undercity of Zaun - Cube

Cube suddenly glowed bright blue. Wait, Cassandra? As in, Cassandra Irene? She certainly knows Necromonger; Jay told me that he saw the two of them at the Institute a lot before. And you're a friend of Cassandra! Who's a friend of Necromonger! Who's a casual but still friendly aquaintice of Jay! You're just the sort of...wait, why did you put me in a pouch?

He grumbled angrily within the pouch, turning a crimson color. Why Jay had to make me so small, I have no clue...

Outskirts of Zaun - The Plains Lacking of Peril - Jay

Jay woke up and stretched, looking to the morning sky. There was not yet a sign of Cube returning, especially not with any friends. He knew it would take a while, though, so he packed up his gear and got ready to go to Zaun, making sure to extinguish the fire he had made and grabbing everything else he could get. He then made his way towards Zaun, ready to look for some sort of adventure.

shadowsark614

05-19-2012

Apartment building in Zaun

Hugh finished climbing up the stairs when he noticed.

"There's nobody here. Great" he huffed.

"Well time to go back then," he groaned as he walked out of the building.