[Open RP] Rune War VI

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaykoboy

05-17-2012

Jay huddled in a corner in Piltover; a small fire had been lit nearby, and he was warming himself in the dead of night. The institute was gone. The league was gone. He was useless. He was friendless. All that was left was to survive. To live a little. Maybe find a nice girl, settle down.

Pfft, yeah right.

He looked down at the source of the voice. It came from the tiny box in his hand, a glass box filled with undulating magic that changed colors as he sat there. Inscribed into it was his simple symbol; a gauntlet on top of a black X. The magic inside the box spiked again, and he heard the voice in his head once more.

We both know what's going to happen now, Jay. Warfare. Death. Not much fun, isn't it?

He groaned. "Yes, of course."

There was a slight clucking from the box. Now, now, no need to speak. Remember? I'm psychic.

Jay stared at it. "You're a BOX!"

A sentient box, you know.

Jay put his head in his hands, sighing. "Talking keeps me sane."

Not to the outside world. Face it, you look mad.

He tossed the box away, but it bounced off the walls of the alley and fell back at his feet, still glowing, unperturbed. Really? Not necessary at all, Jay.

He cried, ignoring the box for a few minutes. When he was done, he sat up and grabbed the box once more. "Why?"

Why what?

Jay looked up at the sky. It seemed darker than it used to be, when the League was still around. "Why did this happen? Why should it happen? Why can't it stop? A lot of things...I'm questioning them now, Cube. My sanity, my friends..."

Which friends? The dead ones, or the ones that ditched you?

"Shut up. Anyways, my friends, my life in general."

So, what are you going to do?

Jay stood up. Raising his gauntlet, the one thing left from his old life, he clenched his fist, snuffing out the fire. "I am going to find people worth standing by. And I am going to survive the storm."

Cube glowed with approval. Atta boy, Jay. Go get 'em!

Jay grinned for the first time in a long time. "That I'll do."

MysticalRaven

05-17-2012

This whole land had once been his home. Runeterra now ravaged by war... On the edge of oblivion, the fools of this land had had their chance to rule and failed.The fall of the Institute and the confusion it had caused had given Avengard the tools he needed in order to call the people to his cause. The Ironspike mountains seemed to be the optimal place to use, almost impossible to advance through without beeing seen by the posts hidden thoughout the mountains.

Many had come to the Ironspike mountains some seeking refuge, others had lost faith in the current states and wished for change and the chance to fight for it. Avengard welcomed all those wishing to join;
The citizens of Noxus respected strength, for few that was reason enough to join with the Rebels.
Creatures that had been rejected by most states had come in search of a place to call their own.
Many people that had their homes destroyed by the war turned to the rebels with no where else to go.

At first it had been tough in the mountains as food was hard to come by and farming was near impossible. But as war broke out between Noxus, Demacia and the Feljord, it had given the rebels opportunities to raid the supplies they sent to the front lines of the wars. Slowly, the rebels began to grow stronger, more bold.

Together the Rebels will stand and fight as brothers in arms.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________
((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1476))

Avengard flew above the Ironspike mountains, His wings Giving off a black smokey aura so not to attract to much attention during the night. He watched the new refuges make their way up the safe path he had lit with a dim light earlier.
Hopefully there would be no attacks yet. Traps had been put in place just incase. His army was small and could possibly hold off a decent sized attack but still.... He needed them safe in the tunnels where he could process them, Warriors, mages, healers... Tradesmen even. an army needed blacksmiths after all.

FilFire

05-17-2012

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/1454))

Shraido walks through the plains, wondering where to go. Since the collapse of the Institute he has been wandering, trying to find a good place to stay for a while. He hadn't imagined this world would become this difficult. He considers getting Sparky out, but that wouldn't help.

"Humans always mess things up. And now I'm here, in the middle of nowhere."

He looks at the mountains he has been seeing to his left for a while now. The plains don't seem to be leading anywhere, but the mountains can be used to build a place to stay, and he could use his abilities well there. He changes direction and goes towards them.

"Maybe I can find others there. After a while talking to myself gets boring."

It doesn't take long before he's standing in front of the mountain range. He follows it in the hope of seeing a more clear entrance.

Eredaar

05-17-2012

(( gonna join this once I finish my Game and walk the dog , I will edit this post and not make a new one, happy eredale? :P))

Cryypter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

((Mind if I join in with an unaffiliated predator? I'm in the mood for some hunting... >:-)

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/248 ))

Fiery Snake1

05-17-2012

Crime Filled Noxian Street

Fiery walks the streets of Noxus. If he looks at his left, he can see disease and hunger from the distance. If he looks at the right he sees crime and despair. He notices the newspaper on the black, broken ground. He picks it up with a grunt, and starts to read the paper.

"The League is gone (whatever that is) War is coming," "Maybe I should join this," he jokes.

He walks towards the darkness.

((sorry for ****ty RP profile.))

Jaykoboy

05-17-2012

((I'ma go renegade. I'm going to do what I want, go where I please, and find old friends, as well as make new ones.))

Piltover - The Gilded Goose

The night was lively at the high-income restaurant. Everyone there was abuzz in rumors and secrets pertaining to the recent scandal involving the institute. Everyone knew about it; but only these few, these significant few, were at liberty to speak of the details.

"I heard there was a woman involved!" said a few, but they were pushed down quickly. "There've been words of a secret monster that they had kept down there..." followed suit. The most common, most accepted one, was simply "They just wanted to take over."

At the door, a haggard, unkempt man knocked a couple of times. Although the waiter gave him an odd look, he didn't question the bearded stranger. Handing him a menu, he led him to a table. If he couldn't pay, he thought, then good riddance.

The man received a couple of odd stares, but he wasn't half as strange as some of the people that had come to the infamous restaurant. At least, that's what they thought. Just as they came to ignore him and fall back to their gossip, a loud *WHUMP* rang throughout the room. Glasses shattered at the air wave, windows broke into thousands of pieces, and everyone's ears were ringing. The mysterious stranger stood up on his table, looking at everyone around that was clutching their ears, and threw back his hood.

Jay smiled at the crowd. " 'ello, loves!"

He raised his gauntlet at the people. "Well, now, I'm in an odd position. You see, I was working at the Institute." Gasps emanated from the people, and the weaker-willed ones collapsed onto the floor. "Anyways, I'm not in a good spot right now, so if you just give me your clothes, I'd be much obliged."

There was murmuring, but no one complied. He facepalmed. "Alright, gave you a chance." With a flash from his gauntlet, another wave of sound broke out, sending the people reeling. "How about now?"

He was instantly met with a storm of bowties, trousers, and jackets.

[CENTER]*.....*.....*[/CENTER]

In a few minutes, Jay walked out of the Gilded Goose, wearing a silk red bowtie, as well as majestic blue cloaks. Adjusting the bowtie and re-fitting his glasses, he smiled. "Well, that's a bit better." He took out Cube. "Don't you think?"

Cube made a sound that was quite similar to a gag. What the heck is that thing you're wearing around your neck?

Jay touched it gingerly. "It's a bowtie. Bowties are cool." With that, he walked down the street, well-dressed and well-equipped for survival.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2012

What was happening now, looked like all that he wanted to happen. A return to 'old times', where arcane knowledge and cold steel ruled the world instead of a bunch of old bags wrapped in robes. He was bored with this realm, and escaped into another, becoming a self-titled Planeswalker. He had been missing for long - too long. Too distant to see this coming. Enjoying the company of his old friend and a teacher, he was oblivious to the fate of the realm where he spent four centuries, almost his entire life - he had fought, schemed, learned, felt, created, destroyed, loved - all here, all upon the face of Valoran.

Eredale was a Rune Mage. Seeing this land ignited by the flame of a new conflict was supposed to make him happy - a natural thing for a person who earns his living by the might of his magic and knowledge. But that didn't happen. During these short, very short two and a half decades he had grown way too attached to this place - more than in the long previous centuries filled with death and fire. Everything, from the gently falling plum petals of Ionian gardens to the magnificent white Demacian towers, were now dear to him. And there was also one person here.

Eredale cursed - his fist smashed into the stone wall of Zaun's Magical Academy. The knuckles bled slightly, and skin was scratched off. He, with all his loud and boasting titles, could not find her.

Kori Keigo. Graduated with outstanding grades and a red seal right before Summer of Love went down, has never been heard of ever since.

A light, pale hand reached to his shoulder. "It's been a week now. She is probably not here at all." Lutecia spoke quietly, trying not to startle her master again.

"I know. I know, Lutecia. She can be anywhere on this god-forsaken continent. I'm done with the search." The mage turned, and started walking, a grim expression on his face. His steps were barely directed at all. "If I cannot find her and keep her safe - I'll have to make the entire land safe. Come, my kind Lutecia. We have a lot of work to do."

...Finding the mercenaries was the easiest thing these days - newborn mercenary groups were spawning like mushrooms after a storm, none of them having any kind of coherent organization or proper training. At best, they were ragtag bands of people who roughly knew how to use an edged weapon. The most famous were (here Eredale's face went pale when he heard the name) Runic Scavengers - these ones actually had an office, and were apparently reformed from a bunch of treasure hunters.

He came to negotiate in the best possible fashion: smashing the front door with a fiery blast, he stormed to the administration and declared a speech that roughly translated to "All of you now belong to me." Somewhat intimidated by three deflagrated doors and one incapacitated person who went to see what was the noise about, nobody seemed to have the will to object; Lutecia could only sigh, following through the cinders and chunks of burnt wood to see the indescribable faces of men who changed their commander in a matter of minutes without an actual warning. After everything was settled, the mage plunged down into the commander's arm chair, and crossed his legs on the table. Now, he had an army - this one was not much, but all would come in due time.

MysticalRaven

05-17-2012

Outside the Ironspike mountains.
Avengard watched as the last of the Refuges followed the dull glowing trail into the tunnel entrance. Knowing the few soldiers that had come to him earlier that month would show them the rest off the way through the cave. He flew slowly, his wing beating softly as he searched the area for anyone that had been lead astray somehow. Just incase he summoned his black armor and a lance both giving off an aura of black smoke.
May frighten off the weaker people but they would have been no use to me anyway... I'll need to train more people as scouts in order to patrol this place. Avengard continued to fly over incase he had missed some people.

The Ironspike Tunnels: Entrance.
The refuges, human, yordle and creature a like followed the dim light, children clutching mothers, husbands trying to stand strong for their family, fear had clawed constantly in the back of their minds, some from Noxus fearing being branded as traitors, the non-human species fear of being turned back just like they had been from the other states.

As they entered the tunnel the dim light faded leaving them in the dark. It seemed as though the whole group held their breath. Not a single sound could be heard apart from the steady Fwomp...fwomp...fwomp...fwomp sounds that echoed from further down the tunnel drawing closer and closer.
A child that had been holding his mothers hand turned towards the noise. A flicker of orange could be seen further down. Fwomp. The sound grew closer still. Fwomp. Another flicker of orange.

The silhouette of a man could be seen walking towards them from the orange glow. He stood a few meters infront of the terrified group. Follow me. A deep voice rung out. The man began to walk back towards the organge lights. Slowly, unsure at first, the group began to follow him further into the tunnels.

FilFire

05-17-2012

((I'm going to sleep, so either Avengard is going to be flying a long time or Shraido's going to miss him.))