What's a good Akali build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

08-18-2010

Just tried her out, now that I get her I can play her. So what exactly is a good Akali build?

I went:

Doran's Blade + HP pot (didn't proc passive since I don't have the quints or whatever)
Sorc Boots
Rylai's
Rageblade

Then I didn't know what to get from there (in case a game goes on long enough).

Keyaithewarrior

08-18-2010

I pick up defensive boots instead of offensive boots since Akali has survivability issues. So for me its either Ninja Tabi's or Merc Treads. For me, it looks like this:

1) Dorans + Pot
2) Boots 2
3) Rylai's or Soulstealer (depending on the game)
4) Sheen --> Lichbane
5) Zhonya's

Pure AP for me. I really don't find spell vamp to be a good stat especially late game with the amount of dmg flying around.

FolloMeOnTwitch

08-18-2010

Don't play her until you have the quint to proc the passive from getting Doran's Blade.

After that here's my build.

25/5/0
Cleanse/Ignite

Dorans Blade + HP Pot
Lvl 1 Boots - Rylais Scepter
Merc Treads
Lich Bane
Zhonyas Ring

Game's usually won't last this long - If it does then build to fit the situation.

Starting to get focused? - Guardian Angel
Lots of magic dps? - Banshees Veil
Huge HP tanks? - Madreds Razor
Just want to straight pwn more? - Another Zhonyas or Hextech Gunblade or Ginsoos - anything that adds more AP pretty much. Get Elixers and such.

I would DEF get LB over Ginsoos though. If your team is having a hard time downing towers then I would get Ginsoos.

Leirkov

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatguyj View Post
Don't play her until you have the quint to proc the passive from getting Doran's Blade.

After that here's my build.

25/5/0
Cleanse/Ignite

Dorans Blade + HP Pot
Lvl 1 Boots - Rylais Scepter
Merc Treads
Lich Bane
Zhonyas Ring

Game's usually won't last this long - If it does then build to fit the situation.

Starting to get focused? - Guardian Angel
Lots of magic dps? - Banshees Veil
Huge HP tanks? - Madreds Razor
Just want to straight pwn more? - Another Zhonyas or Hextech Gunblade or Ginsoos - anything that adds more AP pretty much. Get Elixers and such.

I would DEF get LB over Ginsoos though. If your team is having a hard time downing towers then I would get Ginsoos.
Is it one AD Quint?

FolloMeOnTwitch

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
Is it one AD Quint?

one AD quint and the 3 damage from offense masteries.

fELonius1

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatguyj View Post
one AD quint and the 3 damage from offense masteries.
If you don't want to spend 2k IP on an AD quint, the tier 1 AD quint will give you enough AD for the passive when you have the offensive mastery and doran's blade.

I only play akali if I can jungle her, but this is my typical build:

- doran blade / hp pot
- go b as soon as I can afford an amplifying tome and 2 hp pots
- if the other team is counter-jungling or they have a jungler, I build a hextech revolver and put a point into W at level 8 (in this scenario, you need to keep your HP up, and the revolver is perfect for this)
- if they don't have a jungler and are leaving me alone when I'm mia, I rush a rylais so I have a slow for ganks
- boots of swiftness OR merc treads if they have lots of disables (generally swiftness)
- finish a gunblade if you started with the revolver, otherwise build a sheen and finish a lich bane

Rylais/gunblade/lich bane/boots are my core. Sometimes I'll skip one of them in favour of some survivability, but not that often. Gunblade is a great item on akali since your job in teamfights is to blow up their carry as fast as possible, and throw down your W hoping you don't die. R->Q->gunblade->E->R is one very dead Ezreal. Rageblade is good as well, but I don't build it very often. Gunblade is my preferred hybrid item, and you're probably better off building survivability instead of a rageblade once you have a rylais/LB/GB.

Toxic72

08-18-2010

^ What he said, although i usually don't build Gunblade.
Doran's Blade + Pot
Amp Tome + 2 Pots
Merc Treads
Rush Rylai (slow is amazing on Akali)
Lichbane
Guardian Angel (allows you to dive their squishy in a teamfight and still come out alive as your team mops up).

Never Knows Best

08-18-2010

i really should write a guild so i can just c/p it into these posts.

I'm not the greatest akali in the world i'd admit it now, but i can hold my own when it comes to most matches.

Summoner Spells:
Flash: has saved me more times than ghost walk has and after much experimenting with ghost walk and flash the majority of the time flash happens to be the wiser choice.
Ralley: Although its almost never used now due to the healing nerf rally is still amazing to have with akali. It adds to both ends of her passive if you put the point into it *which is something i always do* and helps not only you but your team as well when pushing towers and doing some jungling *more on this later*.
Ignite: A really popular choice with akali and i can see the potential, but i just found rally to work better for me since it boosts not only her ap but ad as well. To each his or her own ^.^
Ghost Walk: see flash notes.

Point distribution:
21/0/9
spell pen, improved rally.
For utility, improved regen, helpful hands, improved exp and greed.

item build:
Amp tome + 1 hp pot.
ninja tabi *or boot of preference*
Madreds Razors
Amp tome --> Hextech Revolver.
Razors --> blood razors
Revolver --> Will of the Ancients.
Malady *i found this to work better because its cheaper than stark's and aside from the armour debuff has little else to offer for akali.
Abyssal Scepter
and finally either void staff or last whisperer.

Skill list:
Q, E, W, E, Q, E, R
Q, W, E, E, R
Q, Q, W, Q, R
W, W

peyo

08-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
there are decent two ways to go:
a) 1 ad quint + offense mastery + doran's blade (the most common, as seen in the champ spotlight)
b) 3 ad quints + 1 ad mark (or 3 ad glyphs) + offense mastery

while the second method takes away some flat health or m.pen from your start, it lets you start with any item you want while still getting the passive. typically you would get doran's shield as any other item would leave you very squishy. the benefit is that if you chose this path you can go pure ap in items and still get the spell vamp.

or you could just ignore her attack damage passive at the beginning. the passive + doran's sword typically doesn't do as much as a doran's shield would during the laning phase, but more importantly the shield allows a more flexible play style.
option b. is way better, simply as Doran's Blade is lame... also, a friend of mine starts with Amp. Tome and he does great

Gaimcap

08-18-2010

Is Doran's Shield really that much more survivability over blade? Essentially it's 8 armor 8 HP5 vs 4%LS 65HP .95 magic pen (or w/e you use for marks). Personally I think the 65 hp makes more difference for surviving early game jumps but *shrug*.

In any case, I feel like if you're have trouble surviving as Akali, you're not using Shroud and Dance correctly (or else your in a situation where no item can really help you).

I also want to advocate Flash. It seems redundant, but Flash --> Dance has netted me a number of kills, and Shroud --> Flash has saved me regularly. Be sure to always play mind games when using shroud to escape.

Is Doran's Shield really that much more survivability over blade? Essentially it's 8 armor 8 HP5 vs 4%LS 65HP .95 magic pen (or w/e you use for marks). Personally I think the 65 hp makes more difference for surviving early game jumps but *shrug*.

In any case, I feel like if you're have trouble surviving as Akali, you're not using Shroud and Dance correctly (or else your in a situation where no item can really help you).

I also want to advocate Flash. It seems redundant, but Flash --> Dance has netted me a number of kills, and Shroud --> Flash has saved me regularly. Be sure to always play mind games when using shroud to escape.

Edit: Oh, and i'd grab the extra 6 armor, 2 MR, 2% dodge, dodge sprint proc in the def tree over the 5% xp bonus, 4% hp regen, 1 GP/10... 5% xp is nice, but not as useful as living, and Akali only really needs Ryjai to destroy. At the 15 minute mark, that 1 GP/10 will only net you 90 gold at the 15 minute mark, which won't really help you get it too much faster... (4 creeps?).