Troubled by Emotion (Garen x Katarina)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodsEye

05-24-2012

I wish that I didn't have to wait... T-T

Eredaar

05-24-2012

you... I can't even describe how mean you are

SV Artixero

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
you... I can't even describe how mean you are
If you are referring to me, could you please explain why I am mean? :3?

GodsEye

05-24-2012

It's tomorrow!!! xD (my reaction) O.o It's not there! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! lol

SV Artixero

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsEye View Post
It's tomorrow!!! xD (my reaction) O.o It's not there! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! lol
I'm very flattered that you await my chapters with excitement! Do not worry. If you have noticed, I post a chapter every 2 days. I'm planning on spacing those out a little, maybe every three days, since finals are coming up. However, you can expect the next chapter on Saturday, 12:00AM Eastern Time.

Eredaar

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Yaneza View Post
If you are referring to me, could you please explain why I am mean? :3?
you end the chapter of an amazing story with a (sort of) cliff hanger and now we have to wait D:::::::::

SV Artixero

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eredaar View Post
you end the chapter of an amazing story with a (sort of) cliff hanger and now we have to wait D:::::::::
As I said before, do not worry. A chapter will be posted at 12:00 AM EST (not on the dot, but within the minute) on Saturday. So that's like staying up all night on Friday. xD But don't do that. I doubt Chapter 7 will be anything great. But hey, if you guys like it, then I like it too!

Eredaar

05-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Yaneza View Post
As I said before, do not worry. A chapter will be posted at 12:00 AM EST (not on the dot, but within the minute) on Saturday. So that's like staying up all night on Friday. xD But don't do that. I doubt Chapter 7 will be anything great. But hey, if you guys like it, then I like it too!
YAY 12 hours left

Mirage Night

05-25-2012

Nicely Done. I am enjoying more an more as the story expands

SV Artixero

05-25-2012

Chapter 7

Lux stood by the railings of the stairs and looked wide-eyed at Garen and Katarina. She slowly approached Garen and she reached up to touch his face. Garen held Lux's hand and pressed it against his cheek, then hugged his sister tightly. His brown hair contemplated Lux's blonde hair, and her armor was warm from her own body heat. Garen kissed Lux's cheek and ear before pulling away from the hug, and he smiled at her. Katarina awkwardly watched in the background.

"Luxanna, it's been a while," Garen said to his little sister.

"I've been looking for you ever since you were exiled... where were you, brother?" Lux replied.

"I've been staying at-" Garen stopped himself. If he couldn't tell Katarina, then he sure as hell can't tell Lux, "...staying at random places across Valoran."

"No wonder I couldn't pinpoint your location!" Lux exclaimed. She hugged her brother again but then saw Katarina over his shoulder. While she was in Garen's arms, she asked, "Umm... What is the Sinister Blade doing here...?"

"She's with me. We're travelling together," Garen said.

Katarina stepped up and explained her own view, "We're travelling across Valoran to find an ancient artifact. We encountered Cho'Gath in the Ironspike Mountains and the artifact is believed to have the ability to open a portal to the void."

"A portal to the void? That's dangerous! Did the Institute of War send you to do this?" Lux asked.

"No. We're here on our own accord," Garen stated. He turned back to Katarina, "Isn't that right?"

"Right," Katarina muttered.

"Well, you two should get settled in! I should tell Jarvan that you're back!" Lux exclaimed before starting to head off. Garen stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"Jarvan is the last person we'd want to inform about our presence. It's best to keep him in the dark," Garen whispered.

"But... isn't that illegal?" Lux looked questioningly at her brother.

"Me being here is illegal," Garen pointed out. Lux looked sad when she heard that.

Lux clung onto Garen's arm the three went into Katarina and Garen's room. Katarina was slightly annoyed by the way Lux was acting, but she was also a tad bit jealous. Garen looked extremely happy to be with Lux, but it seemed like being with Katarina was just work for Garen. It couldn't be helped, it was in her nature to act like how she acts around Garen, or any other person out there. Garen was just able to put up with it. Besides, he did say that he liked her personality, right? Why was she getting jealous over a little brother-sister bonding when Garen's heart has already been captured by Katarina? Whatever the problem was, Katarina did not display her troubled mind through her face, and she sat down on the bed. She then noticed there was only one bed. That clever Garen... He got one room so they could sleep together in one bed. But then again, they've already slept beside each other twice. It shouldn't be too much of a problem. Lux kept chattering with Garen, and it seemed like it rattled Katarina's brains. How could one be so talkative? There was no one like this in Noxus, and Lux's liveliness was alien to Katarina. Garen seemed to be enjoying Lux's talkative-ness, as shown by his wide smile. All Lux talked about was what she did while Garen was exiled anyway, and it wasn't as if it was anything important. All of a sudden, one question from Lux made Garen turn extremely red.

"Is she pregnant? Is that why you've returned?" Lux asked as she pointed to Katarina.

"Of course not!" Katarina denied, but Lux has a sly look on her face.

"Yeah, right! I bet you two have shared multiple moments together if you're okay sharing one bed!" Lux commented. Then, she runs her hand through her hair as she flicked it back, "No matter... Big brother loves his sister more!"

"What was that?" Katarina yelled.

"Huuu... Are you jealous?"

"N-No! Of course not! That's ridiculous!"

Garen, being caught in the crossfire, decided to remain quiet. He would sigh as Lux and Katarina jabbed at each other with verbal attacks, then suddenly a question was asked straight into his direction.

"Who do you like more?" Katarina and Lux asked simultaneously.

"Umm... Katarina," Garen said, and prepared for the onslaught of words that Lux was going to unleash. After Katarina gave a victorious "hmph," Lux started lecturing Garen about how family should come first. She sounded like his mother, and it was really weird. She was lecturing him about being responsible, and having a stable job and all all that, and eventually it led to how he should raise a family and all. It was like she was planning out his life for him. Suddenly he was being shaken by Lux while she continued to chatter on. Garen held Lux's shoulders and told her to sit down. She did so, being the ever obedient little sister that she was, and stopped talking.

"Ugh. And I thought she wouldn't stop," Katarina commented.

"You're not helping, you know," Garen stated. Katarina turned her head away and looked out the window.

Lux stood up and tackled Garen, but Garen didn't budge and it looked like a lunge-hug instead. "I missed you a lot. I really do," Lux said.

"I missed you too," Garen replied.

"Too bad you're not going to be here for too long," Lux said, pulling away from the hug.

"Of course. I'm still exiled," Garen pointed out, which made Lux wilt.

"I wonder what I could do to make the Prince lift your sentence..." Lux said, and started to think.

"Don't worry about that. I'll come visit often," Garen reassured Lux.

Lux perked up a bit, then smiled at Garen. Garen returned the smile.

"So... are we going to head out?" Katarina asked after clearing her throat.

"Oh, of course!" Garen turned to Lux, "I'm going to take Katarina out around Demacia. Maybe we'll visit you at home later," Garen said.

"We won't stay long at your house, of course," Katarina added.

"It works for me! Mom and Dad are out of the house this whole week, so I can entertain some guests," Lux said.

"Alright, we'll meet you tonight," Garen said before they all left the inn.

Lux went home, and Garen took Katarina to see the sights around Demacia. Katarina took down mental notes in her mind of the layout of Demacia. They just roamed around, avoiding guard patrols and taking back alleys to travel from one district to another to avoid detection. Garen, being the genius that he was, made out with Katarina when Jarvan came strolling down the street with Shyvana to deter them from recognizing the two. Katarina gave him a good serving of slaps right after, and they continued their little tour of Demacia. When it was starting to get dark, Garen took Katarina to a restaurant and treated her to dinner.

"Well, aren't you a gentleman?" Katarina stated with a hint of sarcasm.

"Took you out on a tour, might as well get a date out of it," Garen reasoned.

"You're such an opportunist, you know that?" Katarina commented.

"You look stunning."

"You look like a rug."

"You're beautiful."

"You're rugged."

The two kept exchanging adjectives throughout dinner, and when they were done, Katarina had allowed Garen to hold her hand across the table. They were the only customers in the restaurant, and it gave them some sort of privacy.

"I love you," Garen said.

"...I know," Katarina responded hesitantly. She didn't want to say "I love you too," for it sounded like she had completely changed. She liked being herself, and all these changes to be with Garen had been taxing on her lately. Suddenly, someone approached them from the shadows. It seemed that Talon followed Katarina.

"I had a feeling you were up to no good," Talon said, before he grabbed Katarina's wrist.

Katarina was taken off guard by the sudden grab, and when Garen stood up, Talon disappeared with Katarina as blades flew out around the restaurant. Garen got hit with a few, but he shrugged them off like the man he was, and when he recovered, there wasn't a trace of Katarina or Talon. Garen sighed, then paid the bill with what money he had left, saving a little for a surprise, and exited the restaurant. The night was still young, and Garen roamed the streets. The night lights from people's residences or the lanterns that lit the vendor's stalls illuminated Garen's path, and he stopped by a flower stall. He took a gander at the flowers available, then had trouble picking one. He showed his indecisiveness on his face, and the vendor decided to help him out.

"You know, the red ones are really nice this time of year," the vendor said.

"Oh really? Well, I'll take one," Garen said, taking a red flower and presenting his money to the vendor. After their little transaction, Garen started walking again, twirling the red flower in his hands. After following a few backalleys and arriving at a grand house, Garen knocked on the door. He hid the flower behind his back.

"Who is it?" a feminine voice rang from the otherside of the door.

"Luxanna? It's me," Garen said.

The door opened soon after that, and Lux smiled as she saw her brother standing in the doorway. Garen presented the flower to Lux and her smile widened. As she took the flower, she motioned for him to enter the house. As he was inside, Lux started removing Garen's armor and set them neatly on a table, and finally, Lux showed Garen his old room. It was just as he had left it the day he was exiled, and it seemed that Lux had tidied it up while he was gone. As Garen entered his room, Lux looked on. When Garen sat down on his bed, Lux ran to her room to get something. In a moment, she was back and she gave a letter to Garen. It had the royal seal of Jarvan IV on it.

"From the Prince?" Garen asked Lux. She nodded. Garen opened the letter and read through it. It contained an apology and a legal document stating that he was to report to the headquarters of the Dauntless Vanguard, and he was to return to being commander of the Dauntless Vanguard as soon as he gets situated back into the city-state after certain protocols. Garen figured that Jarvan watched the battle from Freljord as well as the next one, since Sona was in it. Somewhere in the letter mentioned, "I have noticed that you perform even better with the Sinister Blade of Noxus by your side," and that might have been a sign that Jarvan had confirmed the rumor that the Might of Demacia harbored feelings for the Sinister Blade. Jarvan might have planned something behind the scenes, but there was not a way to know but to comply to the letter's requirements.

"Welcome home, brother," Lux said as she sat down beside Garen. "Come, I'll give you a haircut and I'll shave that beard off. You look like a homeless man."

"Very funny," Garen said, reluctant to get his current look changed. Katarina dropped hints that she liked his rugged look, and he didn't want to change. He sighed and took a bath, then came out and saw Lux preparing his clothes. It was nice to be back. Finally, after dressing up, Garen's eyes started to drop. He quickly retired to his bed and lay down, but he felt someone sneak up to his bed and snuggle up next to him. As he looked under his blanket, he saw Lux, and he told her to go to her own room, however she refused to move.

"It's been a while since we did this," Lux commented. The last time she slept beside her brother was when they were children, or that one time when Lux was very nervous about passing the final test of the academy. Garen was the one who suggested that she sleep beside him that night, and lo and behold, Lux passed the test because she was reassured by her brother's presence.

"It has. I thought you were old enough to sleep by yourself," Garen said.

"I can't help it. It's been forever since I last saw you," Lux replied, snuggling more into Garen's body.

Garen then kissed Lux's forehead, "I'm home."

"Yes, yes you are. Now tell me, what was the real reason that you're with the Sinister Blade?"

"Good night, Luxanna."

"Answer the question, brother."

"We agreed to visit Demacia together, that's all."

"You know, you can tell me if you've defected to Noxus..."

"No! I haven't defected to Noxus. That's the last thing I'll ever do."

"Then why did you bring her here?"

"It just... seemed like a good idea at the time," Garen said with a sigh.

"Well, you do know she could be using you to get an insight to Demacia's infrastructure and find a way to sneak in, right?"

"That's a possibility. I guess I haven't been thinking things through well enough."

"Well, it's your first night back. I'll let you rest for now," Lux said as she nuzzled Garen's neck.

Garen sighed again, then stared at the ceiling.