Advice on breaking LoL addiction? Help please :C

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFunStopsHere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Smurf!

You'll either win by such absurd landslides that you won't have fun, or deal with teams that are entirely uncarryable because they don't know what's going on, either way, you'll get tired of the game and want to take breaks!

I think that's how smurfing works.

MathMage

08-08-2012

A lot of people here don't understand addiction. It's more complicated than saying "Just have willpower!" The addict may not have experience properly applying that willpower. He may not fully grasp the consequences of not applying that willpower. Uninstalling is not the end of the addiction.

OP, here is my advice to you, if you have a serious addiction to this game.

You have to recognize that the consequences for addiction to LoL are nearly as serious as for any other addiction. You have to look down the road to having no job or prospects, having your friends leave you, having your family give up on you, having nothing but the game, and saying, "I don't want that." This is your impetus for quitting.

You have to commit to rebuilding a life without LoL. You're not just breaking a habit here, you're reforming your schedule from the ground up. Start simple, regular sleep schedule, regular meal schedule, regular school schedule. If you don't know what to do with yourself in the off time, start reading. Or working out. Ask your schoolmates if you can join whatever they're doing after school. If you leave yourself with no life but the game, you will go back to the game.

Keep a diary. Write about what you did that day. Write about how you're feeling without the game. Write about the shakes, the addiction dreams, whatever else. Make a record of your progress, and congratulate yourself. At the very least, take some time each day strictly to think about your state of mind.

Exorcise your shame. You don't have time to be ashamed of having become addicted. View it as a disease that you have to fight.

And it's a chronic disease. You don't stop being addicted the day you stop playing. You don't beat the addiction by quitting. You beat the addiction by living LoL-free.

I hope this helps you. This is advice borrowed from serious addictions, to drugs and/or alcohol (not personal experience, thankfully). But it's the same attitude you should take towards an unhealthy video game addiction.

LsDecepticon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2012

you dont need LOL... uninstall and have a good reason to do it... if you reinstall it doesnt mean your weak...

just means you havent filled that time with anything better... get out more work out... find a girl to take your time away from lol...

it is best if you tell your firends you spend the most time with that your wanting to quit... if they play with you its best to give them your account and have them change your password... and when they see you have changed they can give it back to you... im actually gonna be uninstalling... bottom line is this game is ****... ITS SO BROKEN!!! There are too many reasons for fluke losses... people disconnect, AFK, trolls, and bull**** new champions that are ALWAYS OP then get nerfed... you have to pay to get all the new champs or play a **** ton and use IP... ip is such a joke... i only like playing with friends... and even then some of them rage when we loose and i cant handle some of the stupid **** they say... im glad to say im leaving this game... im even gonna sell my acount on ebay

Boss Harp

08-17-2012

Delete system32

problem solved

Immersed

04-26-2013

I haven't seen so many people with such a oversimplified, ridiculous idea of what addiction is and what breaking it entails.

0nark

05-19-2013

It sounds easy, but it's very tricky in a sense that if you want to cold turkey it and stay away you will have to have negative thought about the game. I've done this by losing my past 20 games or so and getting a leaver lvl 5- try putting that though into your head- you'll definitely get off

SRG Lucky

11-10-2013

Dont quit, this game is awesome

Honda Futayo

11-10-2013

find something you want irl and set your mind on getting it, that works pretty well tbh. when you're too busy making money or saving up for something you won't have time for lol.