Blitz: Great early game... now what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nalrah

08-18-2010

I'mma get slammed down here but I personally go this route with Blitz

Sheen
Boots
RoA (20 minute mark)
Mejais (If Im snowballin)
Guardian Angel
Zhonya's / Aegis (Depends on team comp, Many casters - Zhonyas)
Sheen > Lich Bane.

Never taken me more then 43 mins to finish this build. Cus im sad and I check.

Lorifel

08-18-2010

Did anybody try to build Atma's on Blitz? Should have nice synergy with Sheen and Powerfist.

Sheen -> Chainmail -> some HP item (Aegis?) -> finish Atma's

I guess I should try it.

Mildaene

08-18-2010

I solved my mid/late game problem by going RoA first. Delays Sheen a bit, but I found it makes quite a difference in survivability and damage output (beefier ult) in the long run.

Then some AP items. Blitz can usually hold his own without any tank item (Aegis if you must have one).

perrry

08-18-2010

Honestly, this may seem a little far fetched, but grab a soulstealer early game.
You'll constantly be getting assists from grabs and eventually your ult will do insane damage along with the universal silence in team fights.

Combo'd with a morgana ult can almost wipe a team out if you actually get a decent amount of stacks.

After that i usually go for reilighs, then void staff/abysmal depending on the situation.

Grognor

08-18-2010

I always go pure tank on him. Always. The split on his moves between AD and AP kind of forces you to get a Sheen if you want to do damage, but nothing else is really good on him for AP. You say Rod of Ages, and I say HP is a bad way for him to tank. He gets plenty of "false" HP from his innate when you build stuff like Banshee's Veil and Frozen Heart.

My reasoning for this is that if you get fed early and continue to build as a tank, you go from hard to impossible to kill. I know a guy who sometimes gets all three snowball items on Blitzcrank and keeps them all at 20 stacks. This seems a bit ridiculous to me, but I do employ a similar strategy that involves never dying. I don't know about your summoner spells. I mean, I'm sure they work for you, but if you want to wake up for Blitzcrank's DPS weakness you might want to pack Ignite. It adds a fourth spell to the Rocket Grab -> Power Fist -> Static Field combo, one that does a rather large amount of True Damage while blocking a heal. It's hard to itemize for damage on Blitzcrank, so you might want to make up for that in other ways. Unfortunately Ignite is pretty much the only way to do that.

tl;dr Sheen/Trinity Force is the only damage item I ever get on Blitzcrank. I think doing it like that works well.

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

Try to get fed early on with some AP, then later on turn it into MR and stack HP/armour. Blitz doesn't scale well at all with items, so the longer the game goes the worse. You're pretty much a stun bot past 30 minutes unless you got super fed, in which case you could stack AD or AP

I personally hate this week's free champions because there's 1 tank, which really isn't viable against decent players, since they won't let you get any kills early on, and then like 5 melee DPS champions.

DarbeliMatkapTr

08-18-2010

İ do pure ap and its work in ranked elo 1600.

Alucard628

08-18-2010

triforce,boots, 2 cloaks of agility then build a BF to finish into an Infinity edge if you've got time. throw in a defensive item if you feel you need it. Aegis, Guardian Angel, Banshees etc..

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2010

my builds primarily tank, I recently played 1 and went 0/22/8 masteries, with hp runes/armor pen/magic resist. My item build was - mana manip / Glacial Shroud / Boots of preference / Sheen / Frozen Heart / Phage / Soul Shroud (order is up to you, and depends on enemy team) I went Ghost+Ignite, but sometimes flash, Cleanse, Exhaust etc. are better choices.