Best AD carry!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TyFootballStar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

Varus is the best AD carry! Who agrees???

anding

05-16-2012

i think varus is not as good as ashe, caitlyn or sivir (i predominantly ashe and i havent tried some of the other ad carries like graves yet) for several reasons
1) varus doesnt have a decent escape mechanism, as in his e is too obvious and doesnt work if the enemy manages to side step it. whereas if anyone chases ashe, she has 2 slows, which helps her kite. for cait, she has the jump back thing, and sivir has a speed boost in her ult as well as her shield
2) varus technically has only one skill (his q) that does any significant damage at all. otherwise his w and e falls off by late game, esp if the enemy team gets tanky.
3) even though varus, like the other ranged ad carries, use skill shots, his q takes too long and doesnt allow him to auto attack at the same time. his e is really obvious and his w only works if u manage to land them on the champion
and lastly, wtf is his ulti? i mean, even sivir's ulti grants attack speed and stuff to allies, whereas varus ulti only grants them to only himself. i mean, that practically puts the rest of ur team at a disadvantage cuz then ur team wont b able to take out the other team fast enuf to force them to back off

Akitsune

05-16-2012

Each AD carry has different strength and weaknesses. In my opinion, it's all about the situation. Varus is a champion for people who like to lone wolf. He can easily take people 1v1 without a struggle. As Anding said, he doesn't have an escape mechanism which makes him very support dependent. And to enlighten you on his Ultimate Anding, it has the potential to root the *entire* enemy team. Not only does that provide a huge opportunity for your AD/AP carry to unleash hell on them, it can allow you to focus who you want, when you want.

However, having Varus just been released, he is becomes almost unstoppable come late game and makes him a very good choice for an AD carry right now. It all comes back to the build of your team.

Kenshin Akira

05-16-2012

It depends on the team composition you have and the team composition they have. For example, if they have a tanky team like Gragas/Cho'Gath/Mundo/RandomADCarry/RandomSupport, I'd take Kogmaw in a heartbeat since his attacks with BioArcaneBarrage deal max-health-percentage-based damage. If your team lacks real initiate, Ashe makes a very solid choice. If teamfight-wise you think both teams are going to be clumped up, Graves.

Really, there is no -best- AD Carry, just more preferable ones depending on the situation.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2012

I think a large amount of the community just hasn't figured out how to deal with Varus yet. His hype will fade into the generalized AD carry category soon enough.